open/close all folders
- "Ready for a story about super heroes? Ugh, more TV superheroes, just what the world needs. Be honest, have you hung yourself yet? Or what if I told you this was actually a story about super zeroes, losers, achingly pathetic meta-human goose eggs. How about it? Ready to feel better about your own miserable lives for the next hour or so? Follow me."
— Mister Nobody
- Mister Nobody: Alas, our merry band of misfits were not equipped for grand acts of heroism just yet. That was a finesse that dear old daddy hadn't bothered to teach them.
Niles Caulder: Who are you talking to?
Mister Nobody: Grant Morrison fans, Reddit trolls with DC subscriptions, and the three new fans who stuck around after the donkey fart.
- "Were going to save the world, or whatever, and then I will have a stiff Manhattan and go to bed."
— Rita Farr"This world is a beautiful, horrible place. Its spectacular."
— Rita Farr"There is no reality. There is only perception. The way we see things. The way we see ourselves. Then theres how we see each other."
— Mother Archon
- "Once upon a time, my world was big and filled with monsters. But now the world is small...and I am the monster."
— Jane/Doctor Harrison"Honey, I just traveled all the way from Jersey to Barcelona, cut open a priest, climbed inside him, and landed in a snow globe, and now I'm standing here talking to a friggin' robot man."
— MarilynMother Archon: You think you can spit into the face of god?
Older Marilyn: Lady, the only god I worship is Springsteen and I've spat in his face twice.
- Cliff Steele: What's a street doing in the middle of nowhere?
Larry Trainor: I'm sure they have a logical explanation.
Rita Farr: They?
Larry Trainor: Danny. Did I never mention a sentient, teleporting, gender-queer, street Vic and I hung out on when Jane lost her shit and tried to get married?