Thespian Talk is the founding podcast of both Gomer the Ranting Thespian and RT Gomer Productions. It's a current events podcast, hosted by Gomer, as well as a trio of rotating co-hosts, Holly Christine, The Cat, and The Omega.
The show has been going since 2008, with a couple of hiatuses, due to scheduling and life events, as well as a numbering reboot, once Gomer decided to take the show to Blip.tv, so as not to confuse audiences. The show can be found on iTunes and is currently featured on RT Gomer Productions, as well as Nerd Vice.
The show itself sees Gomer and company discuss the latest news of the week, ranging from political news stories to just random stupid things people do and get on the news.
Thespian Talk provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Victim blaming, especially in the case of rape victims, pushes Gomer's pretty hard.
- Grammar Nazi: Whenever there's an article that's been written or edited particularly poorly, Gomer will usually point it out.
- Motor Mouth: Gomer.
- Once an Episode: There's usually at least one news story from Florida during every show, though exceptions do exist.
- Running Gag:
- When a criminal gets arrested for committing a crime while holding the Idiot Ball, Gomer and the co-host of the week will often point out how to NOT get caught, with the disclaimer: "You really shouldn't be doing this, but if you must..."
- "If you're X, write in to the show." Usually by Omega.
- Cat never having anything for the Shout Outs section, though it's sometimes averted.
- Special Guest: When the show made the jump to Blip, there would usually be a special guest per episode, usually from the online entertainment community. Lately, the show has fallen away from this, but will have guests on for special occasions, such as giving new site talents A Day in the Limelight.
- Take That!: Plenty of targets, mostly focusing on politicians.