The Far Meridian is a podcast about Peri, an agoraphobic young woman whose home starts to show up in a new location every day, as she searches for her missing brother. It is produced by Whisperforge and stars the voice of Eli Barraza as Peri.
The Far Meridian contains examples of:
- Eldritch Location: In episode 13 of season one, Peri and Benny find a grouping of strange structures and buildings in an isolated desert. Among the unusual findings are granite panels containing recorded history of several time periods including Peri's entire life up to and past the point of her reading it, a concrete labyrinth where one can walk up the walls, and the voice of... something calling to Benny to come home.
- Hikikomori: Peri is agoraphobic and hasn't left her house since her brother disappeared. This doesn't seem to be much of an issue, as her house shows up in new places, so it's not like she has to leave. However, a most of the storyline is her (slowly) learning how to break out of this.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: This implied, though it's more out of loneliness. Peri does the Thinking Out Loud trope to cope with some parts of her situation.
- Lighthouse Point: Peri lives in a lighthouse, which has a deeply creepy backstory that may or may not be true.
- Noodle Incident: How Peri's brother, Benny became missing is something of a mystery. Besides it having something to do with the Eldritch Location trope and that, whatever it was,something in it was "calling him home"
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Peri" is, apparently, short of "Hesperia".
- Repressed Memories: A bit more deliberate but, since he disappeared, Peri shut out most of her memories of her brother Benny.
- Sanity Slippage: Whatever can be said about Peri, it's that she hasn't been the same since Benny disappeared.
- Thinking Out Loud: Peri obviously talks to herself a fair bit due to it being a podcast, but she also gives voices, names, and personalities to her household objects, like her candle, Mo, to try to make herself less anxious during stressful situations. She is aware she does this.