The Fantasticast is a weekly podcast, hosted by Steve Lacey and Andrew Leyland. Every week they talk about an issue of the Fantastic Four or a related title like Marvel Two-in-One. Their stated goal is to cover every appearance of the team, in publishing order, starting from 1961's Fantastic Four #1 to the modern day. As Steve says at the start of every episode: "Every issue, every spin-off, every guest appearance and cameo."
The Fantasticast contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Whenever someone brings up the Red Ghost and his Super Apes (or, as they're known on the show, the Stupid Apes) to Steve.
- British Humour: To be expected, since both hosts are British.
- One of the things they keep track of on the show are the times that the characters say their catchphrases. These include "It's Clobberin' Time!", "Flame On!", and Ben referencing his Aunt Petunia.
- When they were covering the Human Torch's solo adventures in Strange Tales, Andrew often complained, "It makes no sense!"
- There's also "It's email reading time!", opening the segment where they read listener emails.
- Crossover: They cover these. Actually, a lot of what happens in Marvel Two-in-One could be considered these.
- Homage: When they decided to commemorate the release of Fantastic Four (2015) by doing a recap of everything they had covered so far, they did it in the style of Jay & Miles X-Plain The X-Men. They called the episodes "Steve And Andy Fan-'Splain The FF".
- Inherently Funny Words: "Zante!"
- Running Gag:
- Especially in the earlier episodes, whenever a flying vehicle appeared they would compare it to Airwolf and play the theme.
- There is also the clubbing of vagrants whenever an omnibus was pulled out.
- Self-Deprecation: Happens on occasion, especially when there is a guest on the show.
- Signing Off Catchphrase: At the end of every episode, there's a sound byte of Stan Lee saying "'Nuff Said".