The F Plus is an MST podcast that focuses on the more horrible aspects of internet culture. Every week, hosts Lemon and John, accompanied by a rotating crew of Ridiculists and guest readers, read the weirdest or dumbest posts from a different website, forum, or blog, and make (mostly) good-natured jokes.
Needless to say, there are millions of jokes to be had about internet insanity.
The show now has its own forum Ballpit, however, they have yet to make to make an episode on it.
- The Alcoholic: STOG.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Several of the readers are depicted as these in their avatars, or on Portaxx's animations, usually related to their username. For example, Boots Raingear is a boot, Lemon is a lemon, and Nutshell Gulag is a nut.
- Angrish: Appears whenever a forum post does not follow the laws of proper grammar.
- Break the Cutie: The entire Pokegirls episode was designed to break Portaxx.
- Crossover: The Hans Von Hozel fanfic Internet Computer, which received a dramatic reading on the show, featured The Beatles facing off against the antagonistic ABBA.
- Call-Back: With over a hundred episodes, readers will regularly refer to older podcast subjects when making jokes.
- "Readers Assemble!"
- "WHY? WHY? WHYYYYY?"
- "Yay Victor!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: STOG
- Cute Kitten: STOG is depicted as one.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pretty much all of the Ridiculists.
- Ensemble Cast: While many are regulars, most frequently Boots Raingear and Lemon, the rest of the five-to-six person cast is random.
- Food Porn: Subverted in the All Recipes and raw food episodes. However, the OTHER type of food porn appears in certain episodes.
- Furry Fandom: Exhibited in a handful of episodes and joked about in a lot more.
- Genre Savvy: The readers are all too aware of their topics.
- Instant Web Hit: What temporarily happened upon reddit finding their Wesley Crusher: Teenage F*** Machine reading, this gave an unprecedented spike to the sites visits, and prompted The F Plus's first reddit episode. In the words of Lemon, "you're gonna get traffic from the number 600,000th place on the internet!"
- Jerk Jock: Bunnybread"My waifu is Tim Tebow because I don't have a reference point for this shit."
- Large Ham: STOG and Bunnybread especially
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There are 13 regular cast members and another 14 guest readers.
- Love Spell: Both inverted and played straight during Acierocolotl's segment in HOCUS BOGUS! A fan of the show, Chaz Gelf, made an animation for the exchange .
- No Indoor Voice: Kumquatxop. During the seventh live show Lemon related an exchange he had with Jimmyfranks during Kumquat's reading where he was shown the waveform for Kumquat's audio, which was a solid box:Lemon: And Jimmyfranks asked me, I believe genuinely, "Does he know that there's a microphone"?
- Only Sane Man: Victor Laszlo and Portaxx.
- Running Gag: Many of them, constantly.
- Sadistic Choice: At least once an episode, Lemon offers the readers a choice between two readings. Sometimes this leads to a But Thou Must! situation, where the reading selection is already decided before the offer is made.Lemon: "First choice: Don't pick this Jimmyfranks. Second: The onomatopoeia for fart."
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "I've certainly never pissed in a jar." "Nope. And I have never peed in a Splurpee cup from 7-11." "I've never pissed in a Mountain Dew bottle— I don't even think it's possible."
- Token Girl: Only about a quarter of the episodes have more than one female reader. Lampshaded in the MRA episode.
- Trigger Happy: Isfahan
- The Unpronounceable: Acierocolotl. Even he doesn't seem sure how to pronounce it sometimes.
- The Voice: According to his official bio, Bunnybread is a disembodied voice who works a "voice whore"
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: Many of the readings exhibit signs of this.
- Word Salad Philosophy: Time Cube and Godlike Productions, among others
- You Are Fat: Fat jokes are fairly stock ammunition in the Ridiculists' arsenal of snark.