The Drunk and The Ugly is a podcast featuring actual plays of Tabletop RPGs and occasionally other content like interviews and reviews. The group generally strays from dungeon crawlers, opting for more character driven pieces. Games played include Monsters and Other Childish Things, Eclipse Phase, Call of Cthulhu, Little Fears, Wild Talents, and several home brews. Their most popular game, Mrs. Frieda's Halfway Home for Terrible and Freakish Children, is run in Monsters and Other Childish things and is about a group of supernaturally "gifted" teenagers living in a halfway home in a small midwestern city.
They also have a let's play channel.
Their cast page can be found here.
Trope examples in Mrs. Frieda's
- Child Soldier: Nele is a genetically-engineered super soldier, as are his brother Newt, Bansee Queen, and Butch's entire army of street kids. There's a whole bunch of 'em!
- Destination Defenestration: Eld gets thrown out the window in the penultimate battle with Leviathan.
Trope Examples in Little Fears
- All-Loving Hero: Grim may be a delinquent, but everything he does he does for his friends and his neighborhood.
- Asian Airhead: Mette is Ambiguously Asian, and one of her negative qualities is "I get confused".
- Awesome McCoolname: Grim Grey. Subverted since it's his nickname; his real name is Hadrian.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Joel. Whenever strange things happen, aliens tend to be the first conclusion he comes to.
- Love Triangle: Joel is in love with Mette, Mette is in love with Grim, and Grim loves all his friends
- Mundane Made Awesome: Grim and Mette's paint fight in Death By Chocolate Part 1. One attack from Mette includes slow motion and dramatic music.
- Perky Goth: Grim has shades of this, between his name and his love of Skelanimals, but he's still a cheerful guy who's friendly with everyone in his neighborhood.