- Joseph: Some shows you watch more for the fun of it, then you do for anything else.The Observer: Leave my city alone, Hollywood, please!
Geek Heaven is a weekly, animated podcast, hosted by a couple of guys with some unusual views. Joseph is a guy from California who likes taking a positive tack. The Observer is a gruff New Yorker and science fiction nut. Together,
They Fight Crime! they talk about movies, video games, TV, and geeky stuff.
Check out the series here. The sites a bit bare-bones for now. That should change as they do more.
This series features examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: The Observer tries not to do this, but he falls into it.
- Aerith and Bob: Joseph and The Observer
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Their Tokusatsu segments, and when they talk about the law.
- Berserk Button: The Observer hates Michael Bays Transformers movies.
- Big Applesauce: The Observer gushes about New York City quite often.
- Catchphrase:Joseph: See you on the airwaves.
- The Observer has "Back in a flash," and "Sarcasm, people!"
- Gosh Dangit To Heck: They try not to swear so much. Some Damns and Hells get through, though.
- Gratuitous Japanese: The Observer uses honorifics when talking about Japanese artists.
- Metaphorgotten:The Observer: Dont just judge a book by its Pilot.
- Sarcasm Mode: Usually explicitly stated.
- Schedule Slip: A fairly massive one around November 2010, but as of January 2011 they seem to be back. We hope.
- Special Guest: They occasionally feature guests, though Dukemon has been the only one to recur.
- Visual Pun: They like this kind of gag.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Invoked by The Observer.The Observer: You told me to watch Romeo X Juliet. I take this as evidence that you dont like me very much.
- Wicked Cultured: The Observer seems to be cultivating this image in his text reviews, which constantly reference other media.