Castle Super Beast podcast hosted by Woolie
of the now-defunct Two Best Friends Play
. The two discuss various things about their weeks with particular emphasis on gaming and gaming-related news.
The podcast is streamed live on Twitch and archived on Libsyn.
The cowards known as Woolie and Pat have brought up and exemplified these following tropes...
- A Rare Sentence: The majority of the episode-naming sentences are this when said, such as "gay memory water".
- Canada, Eh?: Woolie and Pat are based in Canada and occasionally remind listeners that they're not in the United States especially when talking about local fighting game meetups Woolie attends, getting into the intricacies of regional video game pricing, and other small national differences such as bagged milk.
- Decoy Protagonist: Conversed in the JoJo talks about Part 5, where Woolie and Pat concur that Bruno is the real protagonist, as well as a big-dick G. Woolie has carried this sentiment over to his playthroughs, referring to Bruno as "Main character and protagonist Bruno".
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: All the titles are from things they say in the actual podcasts, leading to much curiosity when it's something utterly baffling... which it frequently is.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Woolie generally tries to avert Seinfeldian Conversation bogging down the podcast, but when it came time to spoilercast the finale of Game of Thrones, he shouted down the people asking him to move on and basically said "Sit down and listen".
- Running Gag:
- Fighting Game Netcode, and Stating the Simple Solution to it. Woolie tried to limit this as much as possible, but has seemingly given up on bottling this particular genie as of Episode 084, where they actually digress into this conversation and he doesn't say a word of apology to the listeners (not that he ever needed to, however).
- Woolie telling people making fan remakes of classic games (such as AM2R) to just shut the fuck up until it's done then just shadowdrop it, as inevitably these remakes are announced and summarily DMCA struck by the copyright holders to the franchise.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: Goes without saying.
- Soul-Sucking Retail Job: They often talk about their negative experiences working retail. Pat has had several rants about difficult customers, wage theft, unfair treatment of laborers, and the general lack of respect people have for employees.
- Spiritual Successor: The format is identical to the Super Best Friendcast: Discuss what the two have done with their week, then move on to news about pop culture, various Seinfeldian Conversations and then reading letters from fans.
- Wham Line: During episode 108, while Pat is listing off everything that he did the past week, he casually drops that he proposed to Paige.