A podcast run by a married couple who force each other to watch Gilmore Girls and Dragon Ball Z Kai in order to find some kind of common ground.
Gilmore Ball Z contains examples of...
- April Fools' Day: Code Gleeas in 2019, where they watched the first episodes of Code Geass and Glee.
- Did it again with Chad Michael Mecha, where they watched the first episodes of Gundam Wing and One Tree Hill. This was made mostly because Grant missed making Chad Michael Murray jokes
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: This happens to the What Aged Worse segment, which vanished after the first few episodes
- Couch Gag: Each episode ends with a next time where they make fun of characters and plot points.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first couple of episodes have a segment where Grant and Paige discuss what aged worse, which is nowhere to be found later on
- Excited Title! Two-Part Episode Name!: The episode titles parody this by taking the Dragon Ball episode names and changing them to reference the plots of the Gilmore Girls episodes
- Idiot Ball: Discussed often. Referred to by Grant as pooping in the jello for whatever reason
- Malicious Misnaming: Grant never gets Alex's name right, always referring to him by a different name to show how forgettable he is
- Grant uses this again when referring to Lukes girlfriend Nicole, before they both realize they forget the characters name
- Masochist's Meal: Grant and Paige consider decaf to be this
- Running Gag:
- During season 1, Grant will often make jokes on Chad Michael Murray's name, replacing Murray with other words beginning with m, such as Chad Michael Melee and Chad Michael Moping. These stopped after Chad Michael Murray left Gilmore Girls in season 2, though we will all Chad Michael Miss them.
- They often posit the theory that Stars Hollow is a dementia town, and were all sent there to minimize danger to the outside world.
- After Trix moves to Hartford in season 4 of Gilmore Girls, Grant would often end the next times with asking if Trix died. This ends when Trix actually dies.
- Self-Deprecation: Paige says that the podcast's name sounds like a fever dream.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Grant has an intense hatred of Max Medina and Digger Styles for being manipulative assholes. He also hates Francie for her plot being stupid and ruining Paris's plot in season 3 of Gilmore Girls.
- Special Guest: They will occasionally have guests join them
- Take That!: After finding out that Gilmore Girls fans used to call Rory and Jess "Literati", Grant says "That is the worst ship name I've ever heard, and i'm a RWBY fan!"