Basic Trope: The lyrics of the song don't make any sense.
- Straight: The lyrics of "Running" by The Tropers is full of non-sequitur sentences.
- Just about every song by The Tropers is composed of an incoherent and utterly surrealist string of inscrutable lyrics.
- The lyrics in the song consist of no real words at all.
- The song in question is symbolic in meaning.
- The band want to focus on evoking a feeling and atmosphere instead of conveying a direct meaning.
- The band want their lyrics to sound cool and memorable.
- The band were drunk/high on drugs when they wrote the song in an impromptu jam session where their thoughts weren't exactly coherent, and wish to recapture the experience.
- Inverted: The lyrics are straightforward and easy to interpret.
- Subverted: The lyrics doesn't make sense until it reaches to the second verse where it talks about running a race.
- Double Subverted: Then the rest of the lyrics drifts away from the meaning and talks about increasingly deranged things.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The song is an instrumental.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded:The world is not blue,
Everyone is doubt,
I see airplanes under ocean,
Do you know what we talk about?
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Word Salad Lyrics