- Basic Trope: A large and theoretically insurmountable wall between two (or more) countries, cities, etc.
- Straight: Tropestan builds a 900-meter high wall between itself and Wikistan.
- Exaggerated: The wall extends all around the globe
- It's an Invisible Wall
- Downplayed: Tropestan has a strictly-controlled border with a chain-link fence between itself and Tropestan.
- Justified: Tropestan wants to keep Wikistan out and Tropestan in.
- There are zombies, trolls, etc. on the other side, and Tropestan wants to keep itself safe from them.
- The wall is a mutually-agreed-upon hydroelectric dam.
- Inverted: Tropestan and Wikistan's borders are completely open.
- Subverted: Tropestan partially or completely tears down the wall between itself and Wikistan.
- The borders seem to be open.
- Double Subverted: Because the wall is old and crumbling, and they want to rebuild it.
- There's a wall of Plexiglass between them.
- Parodied: Insurmountable Waist-High Fence
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Tropestan and Wikistan have no excessively-large wall or fence between their two borders, and in fact may not even have one at all.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "We need to build a wall to keep those barbaric Wikistanis out!"
- Invoked: Wikistan and Tropestan go to war, or are on the brink of war
- Tropestan is worried about illegal immigrants from Wikistan
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Tropestan doesn't have the funds, and Wikistan sure as hell won't pay for it, so Tropestan does not build a wall.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Playing With / The Great Wall