Basic Trope: Time travel to the same place multiple times creates copies of a character.
- Straight: Bob goes back to a once in a life-time concert, which a younger version of himself already saw/a past self also traveled back to watch.
- Exaggerated: The entire concert is filled with versions of Bob that went back so they could watch.
- Downplayed: Bob arrives at his own grave, so there's a dead copy of himself present.
- Bob is only making temporal copies of himself because he remembers it happening.
- Bob is trying to save the world, but nobody believes that its in danger. Nobody except himself!
- Inverted: Only One Me Allowed Right Now.
- Subverted: The other Bob is actually someone pretending to be him.
- Double Subverted: The "impersonator" is actually another Bob lying to his other self to prevent any time paradoxes.
- Parodied: The different Bobs are more concerned trying to retrace their steps in how many versions of themselves there are than how this would impact the timeline
- Averted: Nobody revisits a time period they already were in
- Enforced: The writers want to confuse the audience.
Back to Temporal Duplication.