Basic Trope: Screwing cheap parts onto a car to make it seem faster than it is.
- Straight: Bob's car, which is a compact car, has 22 inch rims, a large spoiler, and stickers all over the place.
- Exaggerated: Bob's Thememobile, which is a really small car that barely fits him, has 48 inch rims, a spoiler larger than the car, a fart can exhaust, and stickers covering every part of the car, including the headlights.
- Downplayed: Bob's car, which is an Absurdly-Long Limousine, only has a cheap rear spoiler.
- Justified: Bob's car looks like everyone elses, so he mods it to stand out among the crowd.
- Inverted: Bob's car looks standard on the outside, but inside it's a beast that goes from 0-60 in 1 second.
- Subverted: Bob's car looks like a rice burner on the outside, but when you press accelerate, it shoots into 100mph in 2 seconds.
- Double Subverted: That was just the nitrous, and after it as ran out, it runs like an average car.
- Bob's car is just like all the other cars.
- Bob doesn't have a car.
- Defied: Bob refuses to pimp his run-of-the-mill ride because he'd just be wasting money like that. If he wants to get into racing, he'll buy a higher-end car that's suitable for it.
- Deconstructed: While driving, Bob's car breaks down due to the bodykit covering the engine intakes, forcing him to take a bus home.
- Discussed: "My roommate's stupid-ass Hot Wheels-looking Civic caught on fire in the parking lot at his job the other day after his speakers short-circuited. Maybe getting your idiot friend to wire up your stereo system that costs more than your car is worth wasn't such a great idea."
- Conversed: "I can't keep a straight face whenever I look at my little brother's car. It is the DUMBEST thing." "Lemme guess, he stanced it?" "Well, yes, but because this is my brother we're talking about, he didn't stop there. Slammed, stanced, fart can exhaust, spoiler, stickers all over the place, his Insta, Snap, and TikTok on prominent display, aftermarket speakers so he can serenade the whole damn neighborhood with Scarlxrd at one in the morning when he's out with his dipshit friends - the whole nine yards." "Damn, and I thought I was bad painting mine with black primer and putting in Walmart speakers when I was his age. Now I don't feel quite as self-conscious about my own late teens."
Back to Rice Burner.