Basic Trope: A character from a warrior culture.
- Straight: Bob is a Blood Knight from a culture that prides itself on their prowess in combat.
- Exaggerated: Bob's culture believes in declaring war on everybody they meet.
- Downplayed: Bob is a Spirited Competitor from a culture that prides itself on winning in games and sports.
- Justified: Bob's ancestors came from a violent land where they Had to Be Sharp just to survive.
- Bob and his people boast of their combat prowess — until they get easily conquered by their enemies.
- Bob's people have a legendary reputation as deadly warriors, but once they're seen on-screen, it turns out they're actually Martial Pacifists.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Bob and his friends enthusiastically go into battle — against a pack of Chihuahuas while armed with cardboard swords and shields.
- Zig Zagged:
- Lampshaded:Alice: You're an awesome fighter, Bob! Are all your people like that?
Bob: Of course we are.
- Invoked: Bob doesn't like that he comes from a Perfect Pacifist People, so he leads a cultural revolution to turn his people into warriors.
- Exploited: Alice needs a team of fighters, so she hires Bob and his friends as mercenaries.
- Defied: Bob decides that he's had enough of his violent upbringing and becomes an Actual Pacifist.
- Conversed: "Warrior cultures are always the most interesting ones, aren't they?"
- Implied: Though we don't see much of Bob or his culture, he off-handedly mentions their prestigious Military Academy and his ancestors in Warrior Heaven.
- Deconstructed: Bob's culture idolizes their warriors so much that scientists and menial laborers are looked down on.
- Until the scientists and laborers prove themselves necessary and begin to earn the respect of the warriors.
- Bob's culture is proud of their martial prowess, but they understand that non-warriors play an important role. Their scientists and laborers are proud to contribute to the war effort in their own way, and the soldiers are duly grateful. Genius Bruiser and Badass Bookworm are seen as ideals to live up to and it makes Bob's people all the deadlier for it.
Back to Proud Warrior Race Guy.