Basic Trope: A family moves to a new house and they encounter some strange/mysterious events.
- Straight: Bob and the family move to a new house which turns out to be haunted.
- Exaggerated: The house itself is pure evil and will kill anyone who lives in it.
- Downplayed: The house is just old and scary looking but there's nothing abnormal about it.
- Justified: The family knew that the house is haunted but they decided to move in anyway.
- Inverted: Bob's family used to live in a haunted house and move to a new, regular house.
- Subverted: The family moves to house where strange things seem happen but they are mostly coincidences.
- Double Subverted: ...well those were, anyway.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob's family moves houses, nothing happens.
- Enforced: Bob's family is forced by contract to move to the house to inherit it.
- Lampshaded: "Honey, are you sure you want to move there ? I have a bad feeling about this."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob's family moves to the house in order to show people that it doesn't have problems.
- Discussed: "Bob's family is moving ? I'm pretty sure it's gonna be bad for them."
- Conversed: ???
Back to New House, New Problems