Basic Trope: The practice of wearing an apron over a scantily clad or nude body.
- Straight: Hiro wakes up and finds Ayane wearing only an apron while making breakfast as a way to tease him.
- Exaggerated: Regularly, Ayane likes to roam around while wearing only an apron to watch the reactions of the confused bystanders. She even kicks some evil-doers arse from time to time while in the outfit just for the amusement of it.
- Downplayed: Ayane wears her underwear/pajamas under the apron, so she's not quite exposed.
- Justified: Ayane found herself locked out of her house while in the nude for some reason, and the apron is the only piece of clothing she could find to avoid going around completely exposed.
- Ayane likes to cook while wearing her Powered Armor and a funny apron because you don't know when it's going to be an emergency, and it gives her an excuse to use the flamethrower.
- Ayane is fully-clothed when she cooks, but wears nothing but an apron when doing anything else.
- Ayane wears clothing that covers up her entire body except for the areas her apron would normally cover.
- Subverted: Hiro wakes up and starts thinking for himself that Ayane might be doing something silly like cooking while wearing only an apron, so it's kinda surprising for him when he finds out she's actually wearing her pajamas.
- Double Subverted: ...Relieved, Hiro sits down and prepares to enjoy a normal breakfast with no wacky antics, when Ayane shows up with their food... Wearing only an apron!Ayane: "What? The kitchen's heat can be unbearable sometimes"
- Ayane is bestowed with a power that allows her to be the greatest chef in the entire world, capable of cooking dishes that reduce the toughest men to tears with the sheer awesomeness of their heavenly taste. However, there's a problem: To activate said powers she must strip herself naked and wear a revealing apron while cooking. Wearing any other piece of clothing cancels her power. Needless to say, she's not amused.
- Alternatively: Ayane has no idea why she even bothered cooking... By the time Hiro was done being Distracted by the Sexy, the pancakes had already gotten cold.
- Ayane, a fat, ugly old woman, thinks this will drive the guys in the kitchen crazy.
- Zig Zagged: Whatever Ayane decides to wear while making breakfast varies from day to day. Sometimes she's wearing an apron and pajamas, other times it's underwear and apron, sometimes only the apron, on occasions it's a gorilla suit, a period dress or a ninja outfit! And sometimes she doesn't bother with any piece of clothing at all.
- Averted: Despite being the resident Ms. Fanservice and her fondness for fanservice oriented outfits, (or no outfit at all) Ayane isn't ever shown using this trope.
- Enforced: "The ratings are decaying?! Inconceivable! Add another dose of Fanservice to the mix! That's what our audience wants, right?"
- Lampshaded:Ayane: Don't you like it, Hiro? If you wish, I can ditch the apron too.
Hiro: No, no, no, no, no! There's no need for it Ayane, so please keep the apron.
Ayane: It's getting kinda hot around here... I'll ditch it anyway!
(cue the camera shot at floor level as Ayane takes off the apron)
- Invoked: Ayane decides to do this as a treat for Hiro.
- Exploited: Ayane is a sexy, but rather unsuccessful cook that also happens to be running a restaurant, which is about to close due the lack of clients. But then she gets the idea of cooking while wearing only an apron as a publicity stunt. The trick works, as the clients are more than willing to pay for and even eat the disgusting dishes just to watch Ayane doing her job.
- "Ok, I'll cook breakfast for you. But first hand me over a pair of pants and a shirt, please! I can't concentrate with my butt exposed."
- "Hell no! I know a guy, who knows a guy, whose wife did that, and she spilt hot grease down her front. By the time she got back from her skin grafts, the flapjacks were ice cold."
- Discussed:Akira: Dude, life is not fair! That friggin' Hiro has a super sexy girl that makes him breakfast while only wearing an apron, and he doesn't even pay attention to her! What's his problem!?
Shiro: Do you think he might be gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but...
Akira: No, it doesn't come close to explain it. Maybe... Maybe an alien's replaced our friend with an evil duplicate!
Shiro: That would certainly explain some of the weird things we've suffered together.
- Ayane's free-spiritedness and the awkward situations it causes makes her a social pariah, making her life very unhappy.
- Ayane's habit of only wearing an apron while cooking eventually causes her to suffer massive third-degree burns when a grease fire accident occurs, causing her to only wear concealing clothes from that point onwards.
- Ayane moves to a nudist colony, and her old friends miss her cooking skills. They beg her to come back and make sure to never criticize her over it again.
- Ayane only cooks naked when she's certain she won't risk burning herself.
- Played For Laughs: Ayane, Bianca, Rei, and Charlotte have an Iron Chef-style Cooking Duel... All while completely naked save for their aprons. Eventually it devolves into a Cat Fight in a huge vat of Jello that was in the middle of the kitchen for some reason... Meanwhile, Hiro's already rolled his eyes at the antics of his Unwanted Harem and gone off to McDonald's.
- Played For Drama: Ayane is captured by the Big Bad and forced to perform humiliating and hazarous tasks for him, all this while only being allowed to wear a measly mantle not too different from an apron.
Back to Naked Apron