Basic Trope: Immortality is neither worth complaining over nor get overly excited over. There are no valid issues at all for these people with immortality.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are virtually immortal. They don't complain or try to talk too much about their immortality. They live their lives like any mortal human being, regardless of age.
- Exaggerated: Not only are they completely immortal, Alice and Bob are completely unimpressed, finding their own immortality itself unsurprising and not unique in the slightest. They aren't even mentally excited. Talking about immortality is immediately obnoxious to them, either positively or negatively.
- Downplayed: While they have been confirmed of being immortal, they are somewhat bothered that any attempt of suicide, even when justified, is pointless. At the same time, they never have to worry about dying by time alone or disease.
- Justified: They are not simply humans who had just gotten immortality, they're beings who transcended petty human attitudes and the concepts of time and space, as well as the third and fourth dimensions. They learned that boredom, envy, vanity, and angst are just ridiculous, petty, and needless concepts and feelings all usual humans, as well as other, lower species have to unfortunately experience from, while Alice and Bob are incapable of all kinds of boredom, as well as excessive excitement, even jealousy, being able to live life without those obstacles indefinitely.
- Subverted: At first, they're beginning to have signs of being unhappy of being immortal.
- Double Subverted: ...But then revealed it's just them willingly pretending to angst about it and they are actually quite neutral about it.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob have been literally staring at paint drying for days, then having an eternal staring contest.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Immortality is never brought up.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "We're not going to needlessly angst or be all sentimental about literally being immortal. We're going to be realistic about it...in a different way."
- Invoked: The gods do not let immortals suffer, but do not allow them to have exceptional lives either.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The gods force all immortals to live awful lives.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Living Forever Is No Big Deal. No, seriously.