Basic Trope: Something gets closer between disruptions of vision (like blinking or flickering lights).
- Straight: Vlad the Vampire Lord is standing fifteen feet from Bob and the lights are flickering. Every time the lights come back on, he's a few feet closer than before.
- Exaggerated: Vlad the Vampire Lord is standing fifteen feet from Bob and the lights flicker. When they come back on, Bob sees Vlad standing right in front of him, invading his personal space.
- Downplayed: ???
- Inverted: Vlad the Vampire Lord is standing fifteen feet from Bob and the light is flickering. Every time the light comes back on, Vlad is a few feet further away than before.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Zigzagged: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Averted: Vlad walks up to Bob the normal way.
- Enforced: The author wants to set up an atmospheric Jump Scare.
- Lampshaded:Bob: Keep those lights on! Every time we can't see, he moves another foot.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Bob keeps the lights on and always keeps one eye open to fix Vlad in place.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Light-Flicker Teleportation — keep the lights on!