Basic Trope: Two characters kiss because at least one of them is under the influence of a mind-altering substance such as drugs, alcohol, or magic.
- Straight: Ship Tease Alice and Bob kiss when high.
- Exaggerated: Ho Yay Bob and Charles kiss when high.
- Downplayed: Alice and Bob hold hands when high.
- Justified: Love Is in the Air
- Inverted: Alice has a crush on Bob, and is usually would be happy for a chance to kiss him. However, she finds it very distasteful when he gets high, and doesn't want to kiss him then.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob Almost Kiss when high.
- Double Subverted: After one Almost Kiss, they get a real kiss.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: There's no kissing at all.
- Enforced: An Aesop about staying Above the Influence.
- Lampshaded: "I think you've had enough."
- Invoked: But Liquor Is Quicker
- Exploited: Carol convinces Alice to go just a bit over her usual alcohol limit, then leaves her in the room with Bob.
- Defied: Above the Influence
- Implied: ???
Back to Kissing Under the Influence