Basic Trope: A character doesn't want others to know about their good-hearted acts.
- Straight: Bob saves Hiro's life, but tells him not to tell anyone about it.
- Exaggerated: Bob has gave food and shelter to the poverty-stricken people, but warns Hiro that if he tells others about his deed, he will kill him.
- Downplayed: Bob has defended Hiro against Emperor Evulz, but tells him not to tell others about it.
- Inverted: Hiro tells Bob not to tell anyone that he's done a morally reprehensible act because it had to be done.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob doesn't care if people notice his nicer side.
- Enforced: "I want to make sure that Bob doesn't lose his edgy personality. Let's have him warn Hiro not to tell anyone about his good deeds."
- Lampshaded: "I know you're gonna give me the 'don't tell others what I did' speech because you value your reputation as a bad guy. I'm not a busy body, you know."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "You can go and tell every about my good side, Hiro. Maybe it won't hurt my reputation a bit."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Hidden Heart of Gold. Just don't tell anyone I gave you the link, though.