Basic Trope: Someone is silenced because they know too much. It may be by blackmail, a punishment or murder.
- Straight: Alice kills Bob because he knows she murdered Charlie.
- Exaggerated: Alice destroys her planet because they know that she breaks tables
- Downplayed: Alice threatens to kill Bob if he tells about her murders.
- Justified: Alice doesn't want to be imprisoned.
- Inverted: Alice kills Bob because he doesn't know about her murders.
- Subverted: Alice gives Bob money to keep his mouth shut and manipulate him.
- Double Subverted: She kills Bob after he has Outlived His Usefulness.
- Zig Zagged: Alice kills Bob because he knows she murdered Charlie. However, that was Bob's twin Buck. She finds out Bob is still alive and murders him as well, but that was resurrected Buck. Bob is still alive, but he eventually dies too.
- Bob doesn't know too much.
- Alternatively, he does, but gets away with it.
- Enforced: "Bob may end our story too quickly, we should kill him."
- Lampshaded: "You know too much and you won't get away with it." *Slasher Smile and shot*
Back to He Knows Too Much.