- Basic Trope: A character deliberately jumps in front of a car in order to fake injuries and sue the driver.
- Straight: Alice jumps in front of Bob's car, and sues Bob for injuries.
- Alice walks into a unmoving car, throws herself to the ground, and does a series of ridiculously over the top spasms.
- Alice deliberately gets herself killed so her family can sue as well as collect life insurance.
- Downplayed: Alice was hit by the car but not hurt. When she later gets hurt in an unrelated incident, she claims that the injuries were from the crash.
- Justified: Amid the chaos, it's hard to tell exactly what happened; all that's known is that someone went across the hood of a car and is now lying on the ground, apparently injured.
- Inverted: Bob deliberately runs Alice over.
- Subverted: Bob convinces the courts that Alice caused the accident, but he was lying, it was his fault all along.
- Alice and Bob are stunt actors in a Summer Blockbuster; although not really injured, Alice jumps onto the hood of the car because her character is being run over in a chase scene.
- Double Subverted: Bob did lie to the courts to cover up his reckless driving, but he was right that Alice caused the crash.
- They are neither filming nor rehearsing. In fact, the movie was released months ago. It's now October; Alice wants some extra money.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Many witness tell different stories about how the crash happened, with some saying Alice did it, and other saying it was Bob's fault.
- Averted: Alice doesn't jump out in front of Bob's car, or get run over by him.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Oh, I don't work. I jump out in front of cars and then sue the drivers."
- Invoked: Alice lost her job, and is facing overdue bills, and the possibility of being evicted from her apartment. She needs money fast, and decides that the way to do that is through a con.
- Exploited: Attorney Charlie notes that Bob, being sued, needs a lawyer, and offers his services.
- Defied: Alice worries about going to Prison, and what happens if she gets run over for real one day? She decides that she'll just borrow money from her sister.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "I thought that car crash looked unrealistic. Turns out it was deliberate."
- Played for Drama: Alice lets herself get hit to stop a convoy carrying valuable goods, a dangerous prisoner, or an important figure, and set up an ambush.
Playing With / Flopsy