Basic Trope: A fantasy world where guns don't exist.
- Straight: The world of Tropeia is in the renaissance era but no guns exist.
- Exaggerated: Tropia is in the far future with faster than light travel and space ships but any kind of ranged weapons never existed.
- Inverted: Everyone in Tropeia has a gun even though they are technologically in the stone age.
- Subverted: Then someone on Tropeia invented a gun and decides put it to a good use.
- Double Subverted: It turns out magic is much more useful than guns and the inventor scraps the idea of having a gun for good.
- Zig Zagged: There are no handguns, but there are pistols, but there are no rifles, but there are cannons...
- Averted: Guns appear as they would in real life, in spite of the magic.
- Parodied: In order to get around the banning of guns, a wizard invents various fancy names for the guns he made, such as "Silver Magic Wand of Enriched Flying Bronze Objects", "Conjoined Steel Chain Staves of Everlasting Bronze Rains" and "Enchanted Box of Fire Dragon Eggs".
- Enforced: The author thinks medieval weapons are cooler than guns, and they also offend the Moral Guardians less without them.
- Lampshaded: "It would be nice if someone would make a projectile weapon of some sort." "Nah, It Will Never Catch On".
- Invoked: A magic spell prevents gunpowder from working.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Someone invents guns and starts using them.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to [Fantasy Gun Control]