Basic Trope: Characters learn to be kinder for Christmas, but change back to mean because Status Quo Is God.
- Straight: The show has Alice, who is an All-Loving Hero and Bob who is mean and arrogant. In a Christmas Episode, Alice teaches Bob the True Meaning of Christmas, but he goes back to being mean and arrogant the next episode.
- Exaggerated: The villain makes a HeelFace Turn, but wants to Take Over the World again the next episode.
- Downplayed: Bob is less mean and less arrogant after the episode, but is still a bit impolite and still brags about how awesome he is.
- Justified: Bob has short-term memory loss and Christmas served as a mnemonic not to be mean.
- Inverted: Alice learns to be mean from Bob in one episode, but changes back in the next.
- Subverted: Bob starts a mean joke in the next episode but changes it into a compliment.
- Double Subverted: "But you're still not as cool as I am!"
- Parodied: The second Christmas ends, Bob changes from a Purity Sue Nice Guy to his former self.
- Zig Zagged: The episodes following the Christmas Episode have Bob zigzag between being Nice, Mean, and In-Between.
- Averted: Bob is still mean on Christmas, his niceness stays, or there is no Christmas Episode.
- Enforced: "We need An Aesop about the True Meaning of Christmas...but Status Quo Is God".
- Lampshaded: "I thought you learned your lesson about your manners and your ego last Christmas".
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob decides he'd better take Alice's lessons to heart.
- Discussed: "Why does Bob always forget about being nice after Christmas?"
- Conversed: "These characters' lessons on politeness never stick past Christmas."
Back to Do They Know It's Christmas Time?