- Straight: Bob is in a relationship with Alic'ithica, a Humanoid Abomination with an otherworldly presence.
- Exaggerated: Bob has his own Unwanted Harem of Humanoid Abominations, which he has no idea how to get rid of, and wants nothing to do with them.
- Downplayed: Alic'ithica regularly hugs Bob and fangirls over him, because her species loves human culture, especially the scents they emit.
- Bob is a powerful wizard, and his innate magic draws all sorts of otherwordly creatures to him. Alic'ithica is also quite a gentle individual, and appreciates just being near him to feed off the magic he lets off.
- Bob is a Nightmare Fetishist.
- Inverted: Alic'ithica thinks Humans Are Ugly and is terrified of Bob, even though Bob is interested in her.
- Subverted: Alic'ithica is said to be dating Bob... except it's all in her head, and she is a Yandere for Bob, and runs away every time she's mentioned.
- Double Subverted: ...Except that when Bob can speak to her, she drops the yandere act and he agrees to date her.
- Alic'ithica is Bob's fangirl, and her squeeing over him is the only thing stopping the town they're in being destroyed.
- The work where Alic'ithica and Bob appear is actually a sequel to another movie: the previous one ended with them falling in love after defeating another Eldritch Abomination, and the second one is a Romantic Comedy that starts with them getting married and booking a honeymoon tour on a cruise ship called the Love Craft. And as soon as our protagonists board the ship and it sails, Hilarity Ensues.
- Zig Zagged: While Alic'ithica is dating Bob, Char'lith'uga dates nobody, despite what Diana promises him.
- Averted: Abominations don't date anybody.
- Enforced: Alic'ithica is an Ensemble Dark Horse, due to having certain moe traits which make her Creepy Cute to much of the fanbase. So the writers have her date Bob.
- Lampshaded: "How exactly do they go about it? ... That's probably not something I want to ask, is it?"
- Invoked: Bob starts going out with Alic'ithica to infiltrate her species.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz kidnaps Bob to lure Alic'ithica close to his Doomsday Device, hoping that her eldritch energies awaken the Artifact of Doom powering it.
- Defied:Bob: Hell, no! I'm not going out with Alic'ithica, she's not even human.
- Discussed:Bob: My new girlfriend's a goddess!
Emily: Ah, c'mon!
Bob: No, really.
- Conversed: "Imagine dating a monster like Bob did in that episode."
- Deconstructed: Alic'ithica's and Bob's relationship is fraught with peril, due to both Culture Clash and prejudice from others.
- Reconstructed: Alic'ithica's and Bob's relationship is respected because it is considered a mutual olive branch offering between the two species.
- Played For Laughs: In a Lovecraftian neo-noir episode, Alic'ithica shows up to a 40s-themed party in all her terrifying otherworldly glory... wearing a long red dress, complete with "Careless Whisper" playing in the background. Bob, of course, reacts with a Private Eye Monologue about her "inverse curves" and "appendages for days".
Question, Did You Just Romance Cthulhu? Seems you did.