Basic Fucking Trope: Gratuitous use of fucking swear words (And not just in serious screenplays!)
- Straight: Fratbro Frank spouts the word "fuck" in just about every other statement he makes.
- Exaggerated: Due to anger or bizarre speech impediment, Frank is only capable of saying one word: "fuck"!
- Downplayed: Frank spouts the softened "fuck" in just about every other statement he makes.
- Subverted: Most of the time, when you think Frank is about to use the word "fuck", he says something else.
- Double Fucking Subverted:
- But, in the statement after that, he uses the word "fuck" twice.
- Alternatively, he cluster bombs his substitute swear.
Bob: "I wish I had a dollar for every time this Fratbro cusses "
- A counter floats in the lower-left corner incrementing with every "fuck". And it frequently spins so quickly as to be unreadable.
- Every other word out of Fratbro Frank's mouth is some variation of the word. Literally.
- Fratbro Frank says "Fuck" very very often unless he's enraged which makes him shout "Gosh Dang It to Heck!" instead.
- Literal f-bombs spew from his mouth.
Genie: "Your wish is my command!"
Fast forward after the movie, in the "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue, we see Bob in a huge mansion getting more money by the second.
- Frank is banned from every pet store, due teaching the birds how to curse.
- Zig Zagged: Just as Fratbro Frank is going to use the word "fuck", he says "frick". But on occasions he overly uses the word "fuck". Then it is discovered that he was taught that "frick" is the real F bomb and that "fuck" is just another less-extensive way of saying the real F bomb, "frick". However, it is shown that he thinks that the F bomb, in general, is not obscene language, but rather a special word reserved for things you truly care about and idolize, like the word "love".
- Averted: The cursing is kept down to a PG or PG-13 level.
- Enforced: The producers want the show to be Darker and Edgier and have a TV-MA rating.
- Invoked: Fratbro Frank makes sure to frequently use the word "fuck" to lay down his authority and appear more superior, like chef Ramsay in Hell's Kitchen.
- Exploited: Bob puts out a Swear Jar and makes Fratbro Frank put a dollar in every time he uses inappropriate language. There's soon enough money in the jar for the family vacation.
- Defied: A mad scientist removes the ability to swear from Frank's brain.
- Discussed: Fratbro Frank, when angry, jokes that he's going to start saying "fuck" every few seconds like his favorite action movie hero.
- Conversed: "Mom would have washed that Fratbro's mouth out with so much soap".
- The scene itself is never shown, but the narrator claims that Frank "said many bad words" after he dropped a bowling ball on his foot.
- Frank curses and is presented with a Swear Jar. He in turn produces a hundred dollar bill.
- Deconstructed: Fratbro Frank's overuse of the word "fuck" only demotes him as an ill-mannered low-class worthless person who encounter many problems due to his vulgar tongue.
- Reconstructed: The only way Frank gets what he wants and gets through life is by Cluster F Bombs, which intimidates the people he deals with.
- Played For Fucking Laughs: Someone turns Fratbro Frank's profanity overdosed outburst into a super catchy, if rather silly song.
- Played For Fucking Drama: Frank is normally eloquent, but when he hits the Despair Event Horizon, he's reduced to a sobbing mess that repeats the word "fuck" over and over.
Fucking go back to the Cluster F-Bomb main-fucking-page, fucker. FUCK!