Basic Trope: In a fighting game, although each sequel adds more fighters, the number of Mighty Glacier characters will stay the same.
- Straight: Trope Fighter I has a roster consisting of Alex, Beth, Charlie, Dana, Eva, and Zane. When Trope Fighter II is released, it adds Fenrir, Gretel, Harry, Isla and Jakob. Alex is still the sole slow-but-powerful type in the roster.
- Exaggerated: Trope Fighter 11 has Over Nine Thousand characters... but Alex is the only one even remotely resembling a Mighty Glacier.
- Downplayed: Although Kris was a Mighty Glacier in the first game, the sequel pushes him towards more balanced territory.
- Justified: The Trope Fighter series in set in a place that rewards speed somehow, like a Lethal Lava Land where dodging magma is essential.
- Inverted: Every new Trope Fighter game adds more mighty glaciers.
- Subverted: The trailer for the new Trope Fighter game shows all the characters racing, with Alex the slowest by far... but then it turns out one of the others had a speed Status Buff, and once it wears off they're a Mighty Glacier like Alex.
- Double Subverted: That character was a shape-shifter who used a transforming move on Alex, and was wearing a disguise to not look like Alex.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Trope Fighter 2 adds another mighty glacier. Alternatively, 2 adds no new characters.
- Enforced: The creator of the series dislikes playing as mighty glaciers, and so s/he rejects any ideas for new mighty glacier characters.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "I really liked playing as Alex, and I hoped the sequel would add another character like him... but nope."
Back to Character Roster Global Warming... although if you're playing as Alex, it may take you a while to get there.