Basic Trope: Cats are portrayed as lazy.
- Straight: Fluffy the cat sleeps much of the day and doesn't like to chase mice.
- Exaggerated: Fluffy the cat sleeps almost the entire day, only waking up to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, which his owner Bob has to bring to him because he will not move from his spot.
- Downplayed: Fluffy sleeps a lot, but when he's up he hunts and plays quite a bit.
- Justified: Fluffy is an old cat; he's tired and achy and lying around is easier on him than being active.
- Inverted: Fluffy almost never stops hunting, exploring, racing around, and doing other active things.
- Subverted: Fluffy sleeps for much of the day and doesn't hunt or play...but it turns out he's just come back from surgery and has to rest to recuperate.
- Double Subverted: However, Fluffy decides he likes lying around doing nothing.
- Parodied: When Fluffy's house burns down, Fluffy dies because he just sits there and dies.
- Zig Zagged:???
- Averted: Cats are no likelier or less likely than other animals to be portrayed as lazy.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Forget 'Fluffy', we should have called that cat 'Lazy'."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Tropey the dog, knowing Fluffy usually takes his sweet time getting to the pet food bowl, takes advantage of it to eat Fluffy's food before he can get there.
- Defied: Bob makes sure that Fluffy gets plenty of exercise.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Cats Are Lazy...[yawn]...