Basic Trope: A woman's wedding dress becomes stained with blood, showing something awful happened at a wedding.
- Straight: When Alice is getting married, the groom Bob is shot, splattering Alice's dress in his blood.
- Exaggerated: Alice is absolutely deluged by blood. Her dress looks like a red dress.
- Downplayed: Bob is injured, resulting in just a little blood being spilled on her wedding dress.
- Justified: This could easily happen in real life.
- Inverted: Alice is a vampire, and decorated her dress with blood. She is horrified when the blood is removed from her wedding dress.
- Subverted: It turns out the man who shot Bob missed and shot a wine bottle. Alice is covered in wine.
- Gender Inverted: Bob's bride is murdered, and his white tuxedo is splattered with her blood.
- Double Subverted: ...And then he shoots Bob again and covers Alice in blood.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig-Zagged: ???
- Averted: No wedding dress is covered in blood.
- Enforced: The producers want a striking and horrifying scene, and the red-on-white contrast and love-death irony work well for it.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice's wedding dress is specially designed to be stainproof.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Blood-Splattered Wedding Dress