Basic Trope: X sleeps with Y by pretending to be Z.
- Straight: Alice beds Bob by impersonating his girlfriend Carol.
- Exaggerated: Alice impersonates Carol to bed who she thinks is Bob but it's actually Mystique, impersonating Bob to bed the real Carol
- Downplayed: Bob was very drunk, and sleeps with Alice because he thought she was Carol. Alice didn't perpetrate this idea, though.
- Alice got him very drunk first.
- Alice is a shapeshifter, and was able to mimic Carol very closely.
- Alice was possessing Carol, so Bob couldnt really tell it was her as for all intents and purposes it was Carol, up until she makes a slip of the tongue that Bob recognises.
- Inverted: Alice impersonates Bob's girlfriend Carol who he's in the middle of a fight with. He refuses to sleep with her because of this—though he might've been willing to sleep with Alice as Alice.
- Alice plans to impersonate Carol to bed Bob, but then changes her mind.
- Bob actually knew it was Alice the whole time, he just didn't want Carol to think he was cheating on her.
- It was actually Carol dressed as Alice to roleplay the scenario.
- Double Subverted: Feeling guilty about this Near-Rape Experience, Alice Drowning My Sorrows and ends up in bed with who she thinks is Damian, but is really Eric
- Parodied: Alice uses a Paper-Thin Disguise.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- No one has sex.
- People do have sex, but honestly.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "This is like that Shakespeare play!"
- Invoked: Damian seeks to break up Bob and Carol because he wants Carol for himself. While Carol is out of town Damian takes Alice—who looks passably like Carol—to a party he expects Bob to be at and tries to hook them up.
- Exploited: Bob uses the event to get his Psycho Ex-Girlfriend arrested.
- Defied: Bob is Properly Paranoid of his Psycho Ex-Girlfriend, and only has sex with the lights on.
- Discussed: "Alice, you look a lot like Carol anyways, and if you wore her perfume and he was drunk
"No. I'm not doing that."
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob is deeply traumatized by the experience.
Back to Bed Trick