Basic Trope: Every single member of the team is a badass.
- Straight: The crew is composed of elite soldiers, each one of them alone could take an army in a fight.
- Exaggerated: Everyone on the show is a badass. Even the nerdy economy consultant.
- Downplayed: The crew are all implied to be exceptionally good at their jobs, but nobody makes a big fuzz about it.
- Justified: The team was hand-picked to have only members that were the absolute best at what they were doing.
- Subverted: The elite team the hero is provided with turns out to have very easily exploitable weaknesses, and are immediately dispatched.
- Double Subverted: But they come back in the end and all have their badass moment.
- Parodied: They are all badasses... but they're also really old.
- Zig Zagged: The leader keeps one or two members of the crew for mundane tasks, or as a deliberate normal to avoid predictability. However, they turn out to be Badass Normals or get an upgrade later in the show.
- Averted: Not everyone on the team is a badass.
- Enforced: We need to sell more action figures! Make them ALL badass!
- Lampshaded: "And the clerk?" "World champion in martial origami."
- Invoked: "We need the best of the best of the best."
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "What, did you think I would pick the second-best for my crew?"
- Conversed: "This team would never work in real life. They are all way too competitive about being the biggest badass to ever work together."
Back to Badass Crew... if you think you're good enough.