Arrow Catch: Someone catches an arrow with their bare hands.
- Straight: Someone fires an arrow at Bob, and he snatches it out of the air.
- Exaggerated: The arrow is bigger than Bob is.
- Downplayed: Its part of a stunt, and the arrow was docked to make it slower.
- Bob grabs the arrow and is unable to keep it out of his eye, but he does prevent it from piercing his brain.
- Justified: Bob is a Lightning Bruiser; who is both fast and strong enough to pull this off.
- Inverted: Bob shoots an arrow.
- Bob is caught by arrows.
- Subverted: Bob tries this and fails, the arrow slipping out of his hand.
- Double Subverted: Alice is behind him and catches it for him.
- Parodied: An army fires at Bob. Bob catches every single arrow
and then collapses under the weight. The army claims a moral victory.
- Bob catches a flaming arrow... and then bounces it around in his hands because it's too hot to hold.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No arrows are even attempted to be caught.
- Enforced: Its used to balance an MMORPG game, as the monk class had no real defence against arrows before they added this ability.
- Lampshaded: You know thats sharp, right?
- Invoked: Bob does it to intimidate his enemies.
- Exploited: Catch and Return
- Defied: Even if I did catch it, Id have to be fast enough to dodge out the way to do it in the first place
so why would I bother?
- Alice fires 3 arrows at once, knowing Bob will run out of arms before he runs out of projectiles.
- Discussed: Is it true you can pluck arrows out of the air like rice?
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob catches the arrow in his arm. It turns out hes fast enough to catch them, but not strong enough to prevent damage, and hes told not to try it again, even though the arrow would have gone in his head otherwise. Even with Super Speed, Dodging is Boring, but Practical.
- Reconstructed: Bob puts his hand in a gauntlet, and when hes backed into a corner, he proves his first attempt was not a fluke.
Back to Arrow Catch.