Basic Trope: When a weak character gets pissed off, they will slap a stronger character who did so, and it will hurt, no matter how strong they are.
- Straight: When Bob misses his little sister Alice's school play, she smacks him. It hurts quite a lot, despite Bob being very strong and usually resistant to pain.
- Exaggerated: ...While he's wearing seven layers of armor... And the hit sends him flying 30 feet backwards! He can still feel the pain a week after the incident.
- Downplayed: The slap hurts a little bit, but it's more like a minor annoyance.
- Alice is just that strong.
- Alice is wearing a heavy ring or something else on her hand that can obviously do more damage than a bare hand.
- Bob's strength and toughness come from a psychoactive power source. Since he has no reason to be battle-ready or alert around his sister, they never active to mitigate the pain of a well-placed kick in the shins.
- Inverted: Alice is only 9, so her slaps never hurt, even though Bob is a weakling.
- Subverted: Bob was just pretending, since he knew that if it didn't hurt, Alice would never forgive him for what he'd done.
- Double Subverted: At least that's what he says to protect his ego.
- Parodied: Bob is the World's Strongest Man, who regularly wrestles Kaijus as a pastime, but a slap from Alice — who is about a foot tall— temporally renders him into a sobbing nervous wreck... Every single time it happens.
- Zig Zagged: Whether or not Alice's slaps hurt depends.
- Averted: Alice's slap doesn't hurt.
- Enforced: "We need something to show how strong Alice is."
- Lampshaded: "How did that hurt you? You have on seven layers of armor!"
- Invoked: Alice spends years learning how to slap people so hard, it hurts no matter how strong they are.
- Exploited: Alice uses her skill to become a bouncer or a bodyguard.
- Defied: Alice refuses to slap people who could pummel her.
- Discussed:Alice: Wow. Didn't know I was that strong.
Bob: (withering in pain) Neither did I...!
- Conversed: "Have you ever noticed that little kid's slaps always hurt, even on super-strong guys?"
- Played For Drama: Alice slaps Bob during a fierce argument. Bob is so hurt and angry that he slaps Alice right back. Their relationship becomes bitter from this point on.
Back to Armor-Piercing Slap