Basic Trope: A character puts a finger underneath their nose to stop themselves sneezing.
- Straight: Harry doesn't want to cause a Sneeze of Doom, so he puts his finger under his nose.
- Exaggerated: Harry holds his finger under his nose, and never has to sneeze again.
- Downplayed: Harry puts his finger under his nose to stop himself sniffing.
- Justified: Truth in Television - there is a pressure point under the nose that stops the sneeze reflex.
- Inverted: Harry sneezes whenever he puts his finger under his nose.
- Subverted: Harry's finger method appears to work- for about three seconds.
- Double Subverted: But it turns out he was doing it wrong. When Jane does it correctly, it works perfectly.
- Parodied: The finger-under-the-nose method is so powerful, it can cure any disease in existence and is the main method doctors use for treating patients.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Anti-Sneeze Finger