Basic Trope: An ambassador who also kicks ass.
- Straight: Bob is the ambassador of Tropestan. Even though his job is to maintain peace, he can still fight should negotiations fail.
- Exaggerated: Ambassador Bob is a One-Man Army.
- Downplayed: Ambassador Bob can stand toe-to-toe with anyone who insults him, even dishing out as much as he takes.
- Inverted: Blood Knight Bob is suddenly forced into peace talks.
- Subverted: Ambassador Bob claims that he can fight if peace talks fail, but it turns out to be just empty boasting.
- Double Subverted: But when trouble does occur, he decides to actually fight and turns out to be pretty good at it.
- Parodied: Ambassador Bob is The Ahnold, ridiculous heavy accent included.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Ambassador Bobs negotiations go smoothly, so theres no need for fighting.
- Enforced: Part of the story is that Violence Is the Only Option, and the author needs a character who can handle that.
- Lampshaded: For a man of peace, Bob can sure kick ass!
- Invoked: Tropestanian law requires its ambassadors to have military experience.
- Exploited: President Alice needs someone to negotiate with General Evulz, and she chooses Bob because he can kick ass if negotiations fail, which is the likeliest outcome.
- Defied: Ambassador Bob is an Actual Pacifist and refuses to let things get violent.
- Discussed: Ambassador Bob used to be a marine? Lets not piss him off, then.
- Conversed: Lets see how long it takes for Bob to drop his ambassador hat and pick up his ass-kicking sword.
- Implied: When Bob negotiates, everyone immediately stops fighting and listens to him. They seem scared of him, but it's not clear why.
Back to Ambadassador