Rollergames is a 1990 pinball game designed by Steve Ritchie, with artwork by Pat McMahon and released by Williams Electronics. It is based on the short-lived roller derby 'sports entertainment' television show of the same name from 1989.
Its most notable features include the Deep Freeze Magna-Flip, which, when lit, magnetically freezes the ball next to the upper right flipper, for an easy shot to the Wall ramp, and the multiball launching loop, which, during normal gameplay, kick the balls out of (and back into) the lock at random times.
Rollergames features the following tropes:
- Adjustable Censorship: The Options menu allows the operator to disable some of the mild profanity in the game (e.g., "KICK BUTT!").
- Cap: The score rolls over at 99,999,990 points.
- Golden Snitch: Well-played Sudden Death rounds are usually the bulk of a player's score. They also seem to happen completely at random with no known trigger.
- Gotta Catch Them All!: Lighting all six teams allows the player to get an extra ball.
- Product Placement: Both the playfield and cabinet feature endorsements by Pepsi, Slice Orange Soda, Mug Root Beer, GamePro, Thermos, and ShareData.
- Score Multiplier: All scoring values (except for jackpots) are doubled or tripled during multiball, depending on the number of balls in play.
- Signature Style: This game features most of Steve Ritchie's trademarks, including fast and flowing gameplay, and the "Devastating" Combo shot (Left Jetway shot to upper right flipper, then shooting the Wall ramp).
- Spelling Bonus: Spell the following for these bonuses:
- J-E-T to increase the bonus multiplier.
- W-A-R to light the locks.
- A-B-C to relight the Atomic Whip (kickback).
- S-K-A-T-E relights the Magna-Flip and advances W-I-L-L-I-A-M-S.
- W-I-L-L-I-A-M-S to start the Scoring Cycle hurry-up bonus, which scores up to four million points, and is carried over from game-to-game. It is collected by shooting the Pit.
- Timed Mission: Sudden Death has a time limit, though it can be reset by shooting the ramp.
- Zonk: One of the Roller Motion awards is the Penalty Pit, which gives the player zero points.