A pop princess should have a princess dress.
Pimped Out Dresses in music, through videos, album covers, concerts, etc.
- The members of ABBA wore fancy 18th century clothes when performing at the wedding festivities of Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf in 1976.
- The Agonist, Alissa, in "Thank You, Pain".
- The Angelspit video for "Sleep Now".
- BoA wore a few in the video for "Hurricane Venus".
- Britney Spears:
- Céline Dion has worn some for her videos, and there is her real life Fairytale Wedding Dress with loads of beading on the bodice, lots of petticoats to make the bell skirt, and after the ceremony she added a white mink jacket with wide sleeves.
- The cover art of almost every one of Enya's albums depicts her wearing this sort of dress; notable examples are The Memory of Trees, Amarantine, And Winter Came, and The Celts. She also wears similarly gorgeous, sumptuous dresses in her music videos, such as "Caribbean Blue", "The Celts", "Only If", and "On My Way Home" (the latter also being an example of Pretty in Mink). Even her more simple dresses are still stunning and elegant, but with her ethereal beauty she could make almost anything look beautiful.
- The singers in Hello! Project are given quite a few.
- Playing Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, Liza Arzamasova wore a red and orange dress with hanging sleeves and lots of colored beading on the sleeves and bodice.
- A few dresses in the Martina McBride song "Blessed". The main dress is a white dress with a beaded bodice, and gauze skirt and train. While on a swing, she wears a green dress with a white gauze petticoat, and a necklace with a red butterfly. Near the end of the video, she wears a blue dress with ruching on the back of the skirt. Some of the girls in the video wore costume princess dresses.
- mothy loves dressing up his female characters like this.
- Roza Rymbaeva has worn one or two.
- Sarah Brightman wears several for her concerts.
- Taylor Swift:
- She mentions a wedding dress looking like pasta in the lyrics for "Speak Now".
- She wears a couple in the video for "Love Story". One is a white dress with gold floral designs down the front of the bodice and skirt. Another is a copper dress with lots of embroidery and lace. While singing that song on stage on her "Fearless Tour", she wore a red dress covered with embroidery, has lace lower sleeves, a gold stomacher, and a red and gold striped petticoat.
- Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation designs and wears these.
- Karen O of Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
- The signature styles of both Hizaki◊ and Jasmine You◊ of Versailles, the main difference between the two being that Hizaki tends to go for "cute" while Jasmine went for "elegant". (Please also note that they're both men.)
- Kaya is another example of a Visual Kei crossdresser who specializes in these; his dress in the video for "Transmigration" deserves special mention for its sheer impracticality (and that's not even touching his hair).