Causes of Sadness | Regret and Shame | Tears | Tragedy and Despair | Types of Sadness
open/close all folders
Kenshiro, God of Delayed Deaths and Manly Tears (Ken, Savior of Century's End, Man With Seven Scars, Fist of the North Star, 64th Successor of Hokuto Shinken, Unknown/Godsent Avenger, Mixed Martial Arts Maxwell)
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Seven Stars of The Big Dipper
- Theme Music: Ai wo Torimodose/YOU WA SHOCK, Sentou!, Edge of the Fist (shared reluctantly with Sakazuki and Madara Uchiha)
- Alignment: Lawful Good (with more shades of Chaotic Good than he'd like to admit...)
- Portfolio: Love For All That Is Good, Hunting And Punishing The Wicked, Mercilessly Destroying Complete Monsters, Invincibility, Righteous Passion, Sentimental Masculinity, Honor Before Reason, Combat Accupuncture, Protector of Women and Children, The Ultimate Martial Arts of Hokuto Shinken, Masculine Kindness, The Embodiment of Manliness, Righteous Fury
- Domains: Justice, War, Martial Arts, Kindness, Vengeance
- Followers: Saiga Riki-Oh
- Heralds: Yuria (his fiancée), Bat, Rin and Mamiya (his traveling companions)
- Allies: Bruce Lee, Ragna the Bloodedge, Rei the Star of Justice, Chuck Norris, Son Goku, Sanger Zonvolt, Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim, Jack Bauer, Kazuma Kiryu, Bryan Mills, Beatrix Kiddo, Gene, Team Dai-Gurren
- Enemies: Most of the House of Cruelty and Sadism (especially Yuuki Terumi), Junko Enoshima and Monokuma, M. Bison, Cell, Frieza, Cooler, every Complete Monster in the Pantheon.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork/Head Butting Heroes with: Guts
- Opposes: Scott Steiner, Jin Kisaragi
- Respected by: John Cena
- Worthy Opponent: Hit
- Ruthless avenger of innocents terrorized by the wicked. Murder children and let him know about it? You Are Already Dead.
- And since his targets were those assholes that deserve every ounce of gibs he unleashes, it is always a satisfaction to see Ken in action.
- Kenshiro is without a doubt the bane of many a Complete Monster in the Pantheon (as well as the House of Hatred, except for the likes of Eren Yeager and Emilia Justine). He is unaffected by the usual Breaking Speech, always ready to counter with a righteous Shut Up, Hannibal!, and if he could spare some time snarking, he'd deliver a scathing "The Reason You Suck" Speech before delivering the most righteous ass-kicking and Ludicrous Gibs to these scums. And even if they come back, with his Godhood, they can be assured that Kenshiro will always be there to be noted of their atrocities and would always come back and kick their ass. And he never gets tired of it. Thus let this be a warning for the wicked. When you think only of your own fortune, making innocents suffer in the way, and especially if it's for nothing but lulz... Kenshiro will find you.note
- If they do have a semblance of honor or tragic story, then lucky them, Kenshiro may shed some Manly Tears on their "demise". But if they don't... there's just no mercy.
- Of late, his most constant target would be Yuuki Terumi, to the point that Kenshiro has adapted the stance of "no matter what he's doing, he must be planning something nefarious. Therefore, strike on sight". However, there were rumors that Kenshiro "held back" and usually let Terumi not completely destroyed, for he's always ready to strike him whenever he returns... and the fact that he recognizes Ragna the Bloodedge as the one deserving to deal him the ultimate finishing blow. While at first misled with how it was Hakumen who delivered the killing blow with Time Killer, Kenshiro's hunch was proven true when Ragna once again rose up and delivered the final blow. And his daily activity of putting him on watch continues... He doesn't give a damn about Terumi's identity as "Susanoo" either. Let's rephrase it again. Even in the face of "Super Deities", Hokuto Shinken is invincible.
- At one point attempted to take on Lucifer for the Chaos Lord's stance on Survival of the Fittest, the ideology hitting too close to home in regards to the world Kenshiro originally came from. Lucifer simply smiled, telling him "If you don't want a world like that, you need only continue the actions you have done thus far. A world where the innocent do not have to fear being trampled by the ruthless... I have no doubt you can make your dream a reality. You're certainly strong enough". To the astonishment of everyone present, Kenshiro turned and left, deep in thought.
- He, along with Sanger Zonvolt, are known to be the two Gods of the Pantheon that absolutely do not tolerate evil and are capable of dishing out massive punishment for evil without going to Knight Templar tendencies or running the risk of He Who Fights Monsters. Many would call them the "Evil-Slaying Duo", and though they don't confirm it, there is a silent respect between them. There's one rule that both adhere to, though: They're not doing it for concepts like "justice", but merely because "Life is a privilege to all. True Villains don't deserve any of it".
- Is in deep training to discover the Pressure Point that he could hit in order to dispel the love and feeding of despair and negative emotions. Against hope-crushing scum like Terumi, M. Bison, Monokuma and his mastermind, who one way or another get off on despair, Kenshiro wants to make sure that they don't get ecstatic in the despair of death. He expects something he hears on a daily basis against those mohawked thugs he kills for being extremely evil:
"I don't want to die! Someone help me!"
- Someone finally asked Kenshiro why he didn't just have Toki teach him how to use Humanist Face-Breaking Fist. Kenshiro responded that... he didn't know. Never crossed his mind, to be honest. Seemed kind of obvious now that he thought about it.
- Kenshiro's enmity toward those who actively seek to crush hope is also why he has enlisted in "The Pantheonic Rebellion" protecting Madoka from YHVH's latest atrocity. In preparation for the coming war, he has begun training his already-prodigious raw strength still further to make up for the fact that, as they are not human, the angels are for the most part immune to Hokuto Shinken's pressure point techniques. The angels foolish enough to try to capitalize on this usually find their heads punched clean off, or Kenshiro's fist shoved through their ribcages and out their backs.
- He, Bryan Mills, and Kazuma Kiryu are the most ruthless defenders of children in the pantheon, and will handily team up to destroy any child abusers.
- There were rumors that Kenshiro was some sort of godly being even before Ascension, as one of the head deities of the Ivgorod, to the point that one of their Monks, Kharazim, modeled some of his skills after some of Ken's signature ones, particularly Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken and Hokuto Zankai Ken. Kenshiro didn't mind those, as he's more impressed about Kharazim and his friends' staunch belief in the protection of mankind. To him, if other so-called "divine beings" threaten them, then they deserve to be kicked in the butt... and probably be already dead.
- This is actually in line with his perspective to the law; while it's good in and of itself, if there is a law that causes harm to the innocent, he will not hesitate to destroy it.
- Similarly, rumor exists that he is the one who defeated Angra with arms blessed by God, or perhaps even the "God" in question who blessed the arms. Kenshiro has yet to comment on this. That said, he does acknowledge Gene as a strong fighter.
- Is aware that he is John Cena's favorite deity from any drawn/animated universe. Given John's Smug Super tendencies and at times questionable sense of righteousness, he's not so quick to form an alliance, but otherwise doesn't see any problems there. Scott Steiner, on the other hand, is a far bigger problem to him. He considers Big Poppa Pump an embarrassment to the Big Dipper.
- While he's perfectly fine with Ragna the Bloodedge, he simply cannot stand his brother Jin Kisaragi for being such an unrepentant Jerkass and quite regularly abusing Noel Vermillion, seeing him as little more than those mohawked thugs that he slaughters for breakfast. He does have a better opinion on his future self Hakumen though.
- Is rather uneasy with Guts in spite of the two having a common enemy so vile that he needs to be put down, perhaps because of him being a dark reflection of him for so long. With that said, he recognizes Guts as the one deserving to deal him the ultimate finishing blow on Griffith should they ever cross paths with him, and it certainly helps that Guts slowly became more optimistic over time.
- Was at one point encountered by the legendary assassin Hit, who ascended with the title as the Assailant of Pressure Points. The two ended up trading attacks but both had to get increasingly more serious in order for the other to feel the blows. Before they could spar, a small horde of Meta-Coolers invaded the House; Ken and Hit proceeded to demonstrate their killing techniques to one another by using all of them as target dummies.
- While the real Metal Cooler slipped through the crack of battle to reach his true target, upon which Vegeta told them both to stay out of it, Ken and Hit walked out with respect for one another. Hit announced that if anyone were to hire him to kill Kenshiro he would not allow them to interfere in any way or impose a time limit, and in return Kenshiro declared he would have Manly Tears prepared for Hit on that day.
- He also has a spot in the House of Life and Death dealing with how he destroys all that harm the innocents.
- Moments of their alliance are rare, but if/when Kenshiro and Jotaro Kujo team up, be prepared to get punched like you've never been punched before.
Gasper Vladi, God of Sensitivity (Gaspy, Good-for-nothing Vampire, Vampire-in-a-Box, Danball Vampire God, GARsper)
- Intermediate God (Greater God after drinking some of Issei's blood)
- Symbol: A Crimson bishop chess piece
- Alignment: Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral when angered
- Portfolio: Time Stop Powers, Looking Feminine, Wholesome Crossdresser, Cute Little Fangs, Badass Adorable, Picked On For Being Half-Vampire, Friendly Vampire, Too Sexy For His Own Good, Tender Tears, Nice Guys Who You Shouldn't Anger, Future Badass
- Domain: Time, Crossdressing, Shyness, Emotion
- Mentor: Nozdormu
- Followers: Little Miss Shy, Kaoruko Moeta, Josie Rizal, Jadesprite, Meilin Lee
- Allies: The Ascended Occult Research Club Members, Seras Victoria, Arcueid Brunestud, The Other Alucard, Rachel Alucard, Abel Nightroad,Luka, Astolfo, Shimakaze, Bridget, Hasta, Hime Shirayuki, the Joestar family's ascended members, Archer, Dialga, Nana, Vampirella
- Enemies: Yuuki Terumi, Mard Geer Tartaros, Dracula, Rassilon, Ornstein, Quan Chi, Zobek, Gul'dan, Shinnok, Raynare
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Vali Lucifer
- Good Counterpart to: Dio Brando
- Scared of: Alucard (Hellsing), Alexander Anderson
- Looked down by his vampire kind for being half-human, hated and feared by other humans for being a vampire. All this combined with his Sacred Gear, Forbidden Balor View, which has the ability to stop time, has made Gasper fearful of the world and hating his ability. His predicament became worse after he was resurrected with a mutated bishop chess that made his time stop ability even more powerful and sometimes uncontrollable. However, thanks to Issei and the other ORC Members, Gasper is working to overcome his fear. It seems to work so far: he's the third-strongest ORC member behind Issei and Kiba thanks to his powers.
- The entire Occult Club were happy when Gasper ascended to the pantheon. Gasper was just as happy to be reunited with his family, especially Issei.
- Got scared when he thought most of the pantheon didn't want him in, especially the males. Turns out, it was more disappointment since they fell for the trap.
- Turns out, n the future, Issei's children are afraid of him. Also, his personality has changed. Gasper has also mastered his time powers.
- Like many of Issei's family, friends, and lovers, it's a really bad idea to really harm Issei. Gasper once snapped when he heard of Issei being "killed" and his time powers went haywire.
- As a vampire deity, he has many different relationships with the other bloodsuckers. He is very close to Seras Victoria as the two are both shy, cute vampires who can be very dangerous when they reach the breaking point. However, Gasper is really afraid of Seras' Master, Alucard. Seems the Hellsing hound is very interested in seeing Vladi's "true form" and letting loose. He thinks it'd be fun.
- Has often been considered the Good Counterpart to Dio Brando. Not just because the two are blond vampires with time-stopping powers, but because they do attract the attention of some of the males. They even joked that he might be the fifth Dio child. His blond hair came from Dio, but his gentleness is all Jonathan Joestar.
- When Gasper really gets frightened or upset, he would hide in a small cardboard box. Even Solid Snake, who's well known in hiding in boxes, was surprised he could fit his entire body in that.
- Also, when he was scared to go outside, he wore a brown paper bag which he liked. Many agreed he looked like a pervert.
- After seeing his future, the bronze dragon Nozdormu showed interest in the young vampire-devil's time control powers and even offered himself to teach him how to control them. Gasper is really glad that a time master wants to help him and does whatever he can to follow the Dragon's advice.
- They even bonded on how the two are very reclusive to other people, even with their close ones. Gasper is usually found spending more time in the House of Prophecy than his own temple.
- Became very close friend with Pretty Cure's Hime Shirayuki since she too was a shy person who was able to come out of her shell. Humorously enough, Hime didn't know Gasper was a boy. So when she dragged a protesting Gasper into a dressing room, she was in for a big surprise.
- Notice that he sounds a bit like Shimakaze. Despite what others might think, he isn't willing to dress up like Shimakaze. That'd be too embarrassing.
I leave all that I own to my pet cat Guppy to look over till I revive. (Pretty cool profile!)Isaac Moriah, God of Multi-Purpose Tears (Cain, Maggie, Eve, Judas, Samson, ???, Blue Baby, Azazel, Lazarus, Eden, The Lost, Lilith, Keeper, The Forgotten, Apollyon, Bethany, Jacob, Esau)
- Lesser God with potential to be a Greater God
- Symbol: His crying face
- Theme Songs: The Binding Of Isaac's Main Theme, Genesis Retake Light, Descent, Sacrificial, Diptera Sonata, Innocence Glitched, My Innermost Apocalypse, Infanticide, Misericorde
- Alignment: Neutral Good, despite him constantly insisting that he's Chaotic Evil
- Weapon of Choice: His tears. He's also fond of the brimstone and fetuses in jars
- Portfolio: Woobieism, Being Adorable AND Badass, Curling up in the fetal position, Ironic Names, Biblical Motifs, Dead All Along, Driven to Suicide, Dying Dream
- Domains: Tears, Traumatic Childhoods, Guilt, Suicide
- Allies: Napstablook, Frisk, Sans, Ryuko Matoi, Shovel Knight, Link, Kirby, Astro Boy, The Baudelaire Orphans
- Those willing to babysit him: Meat Boy, Pico, Nene, and Darnell, Fancy Pants Man, Reimu Hakurei, Toriel
- Special Relations: Bum-Bo/His Father (Friend as Bum-bo, and his dad as...his dad)
- Enemies: Ultra Greed, Dr. Fetus, Azmodan, The Seven Deadly Sins of "Fullmetal Alchemist", Spooky, Mem Aleph, Yuuki Terumi, Junko Enoshima, Galeem and Dharkon, The Dark Matter Horde, The Shadow Queen
- Friendly Enemy: Sage
- Attracted the attention of: Lucifer, The SCP Foundation, The House Of Luck And Fortune, Chaos Knight
- Scared of: Salad Fingers, Void Termina
- Isaac and his parents lived on a small house, on the top of a hill...Isaac's Father was a carpenter, and his mother was a stay at home mother, watching Christian television for the majority of the day. Life was simple, but it soon started to go wrong; oh so catastrophic. His mother became more and more obsessed with her programs, often lashing out at her own son and father if they do anything she thinks is sacrilegious. Isaac's Father, while turning to beer and stealing money from his wife to fund his addiction, still at the very least tried his best to be there for Isaac. Eventually, he couldn't stand his wife, and had to leave, giving Isaac one last message of encouragement about his imagination. Unfortunately, this backfired horribly. Looking back to the games they used to play, Isaac, after being demeaned and abused by his mother, decided to take his life by hiding in a toy chest and letting himself suffocate. In his Dying Dream, he dreamt that he was in a world he used to play with his father, using his own tears to fight off monsters and upgrading them to make them more powerful.
- Sometime after his death, he ended up appearing in the Pantheon, popping out of a Toy Chest in the house of Childhood and Adolescence, startling some of the kids rummaging through the toy box. While incredibly startled and scared at first, curling up in a fetal position in the corner as he had no idea where he was, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire took notice of the scared kid, and tried to talk with him. After hearing about how bad his own home life was and what he did, that were saddened to hear that not only did Isaac had such a miserable childhood, but it somehow managed to be worse than what they all went through combined. Trading stories about their past, Isaac was eventually able to open up to them, and after the trio protested to the Pantheon to give Isaac a spot in the Pantheon on Isaac's behalf, got a spot to stay in the Pantheon.
- His temple, home to his basement which caused so much pain to him, was a spot where people go to cheer him on in hopes of him finally escaping his past and abusive mother. That said, the deeper Isaac went, the more lore people discovered which showed just how messed up Isaac's life was. Some members of the house of Knowledge tried their best to keep everything up to date, but thanks to the bizarre nature of the basement and a not so helpful creator when it comes to answering questions, progress was slow. A giant curve ball was thrown when after the Basement was seemingly destroyed as Isaac fought off against The Beast, surrounding the area with lava, forcing others to make a hasty escape. After the battle was won, Isaac was nowhere to be found at first...than, they heard a voice.
Isaac's Dad: "Are you sure this is how you want this story to end, Isaac? You're the one writing it, it doesn't have to end this way."
- Eventually finding the source of the comment, they found that it was Isaac's father who was basically telling Isaac a bedtime story that he wrote. A few more hopeful deities thought this meant that everything was inside Isaac's head, only for Edmund to later clarify and say that while Isaac indeed died, he has no idea what happens after you die, so anything after that is free game, including him possibly getting another chance. With this giving more questions than answers, the rest of the Pantheon decided to just let Isaac live his afterlife with his Father, even helping him get a official spot here. Meanwhile, the representatives of the house of Knowledge threw their hands up alongside the closest computers they had. Isaac's story has become something of a Berserk Button towards those that are trying to make sense of everything. The less said to their reaction to the idea of a sequel where Isaac becomes someone called Steven, the better. Several members had to not only go to the hospital after that due to cranial injuries, but several computers had to be replaced.
- With Isaac's Dad and Isaac basically having the same temple, that being Isaac's old home before he took his own life, Isaac's own temple serves as a link to the Basement and all the monstrosities that it hosts, and Bum-bo's temple is Isaac's genuine home, with no hidden underground. Isaac tends to stay within the latter temple, but he does venture towards his own temple to go on adventures in his basement, seeing it as him playing a game with his dad. It's also worth noting that Isaac's powers have been observed outside of the basement, possibly as a gift to help him with his new life in the Pantheon.
- After beating the Beast, he has come to terms about his parents, recognizing them as themselves with their own problems and strengths. While Isaac's Dad did do something to cause the family to break apart, he wanted Isaac to be as safe and happy as he can, even playing their own games together and left because he thought he was doing more harm than good. Isaac's mother meanwhile, while hellbent on her religious beliefs, did love her son and didn't wish for him to die, and was remorseful seeing Isaac's dead skeleton in the toy chest. While Isaac is still nervous when the topic of his mom pops up, he still does wish for someway for them to be happy together again, even if he knows it's a fool errand.
- Thanks to how Isaac functions with crying as his main way to attack, people tend to treat him carefully to hope that he doesn't end up crying. Isaac ended up being tricked into trusting Monokuma to help him out of a pile of rubble he was stuck under (that Junko crafted herself to lure unsuspecting victims in). To thank him, Monokuma led Isaac to Junko's temple, where he got ambushed and stuck him inside a room where he got saw just how miserable his life was, driving him to literally firing off tears. Unfortunately, the Monokuma robots weren't immune to these tears, and Isaac escaped leaving a trail of broken Monokuma bots in his wake. Junko was just happy getting the chance to make him that miserable, although the bill she had to foot for repairing her temple wasn't pretty...
- In a similar vein, Terumi tried to get Isaac to loathe him, constantly mocking him for his terrible childhood and laughing at him for being scared of the idea that Isaac's mother wants to kill him. Despite all of his efforts, he only succeeding in making Isaac cry more and more, too depressed with the reality to be angry at him. Due to not being able to get Isaac's anger to power himself up while Isaac was able to cry at a rapid fire rate to attack Terumi, he was forced into a retreat.
- Isaac may sometimes appear differently, wearing different wigs or hats, or even being dead on some days. It's best to tread with caution when these different personalities come into play, especially since they are often based on biblical figures of old. Some of the more common appearances are that of the demonic 'Azazel', who can spew a short range laser of blood, doing massive damage, and a stone statue that can absorb items to make himself more powerful called 'Apolyon'. He has even been seen acting as two people simultaniously as 'Jacob' and 'Esau', although their coordination can be rather... lacking. After an incident with Esau accidentally walking over some spikes and killing him and Jacob, Isaac has rarely been seen trying this again.
- At times, Isaac's own trauma builds up and 'taints' him, which can spread to these other personas and warp their abilities, often influenced by their own fates and misfortunes. For instance, 'Azazel' appears sickly, with a longer but thinner laser and constantly coughing up blood, and 'Apolyon's' face is cracked and showing a red and black abyss within, with red flies following around him and attacking enemies. And 'Jacob' is often shown to be pursued by the vengeful spirit of 'Esau', who often resists any attempts to subdue or defeat him, injures those who end up in his way, and ripping 'Jacob's' soul out of his body in one strike should he successfuly strike him. Isaac REALLY tries to avoid this persona during these times.
- Due to the nature of his journey and relationship with RNG, Isaac's repeated journeys into the basement can just as often lead to success as failure. Sometimes he can fire his tears in every which way EXCEPT the direction of the enemy, and other times he is capable of breathing out literal knives that can pierce through the strongest defenses. As such, he often ends up as a target of interest in the house of Luck and Fortune, with them interested in seeing just how the dice will fall for him next round. The Chaos Knight in particular looks forward for any of these successful runs in hopes of challenging him and finding a Worthy Opponent.
- The SCP Foundation and Lucifer both had their eyes on Isaac. For the SCP Foundation, they're considering inducting Isaac, and some of the items he possesses, into their ranks of being a SCP himself, while Lucifer took notice of how such a small kid is able to defeat very dangerous versions of Satan, and saw him as a possible prodigy to raise. However, with the ascension of Isaac's dad, these plans were more or less put to rest. They still are watching over him and checking his progress, if just out of curiosity.
- At one point, Vinny tried to get Isaac into his island. What end up happening was Isaac warping the reality to cause the island to reset until a certain point. Where Vinesauce was able to recover from the worst of it and Isaac eventually did have to get into the island, some gods started fearing that Isaac really has Reality Warper powers, or the accident was due of outside sources.
- After misremembering the path to his basement one day, he and Frisk accidentally ended up falling into each other's version of the underground. Flowey was utterly confused about Isaac's presence, expecting Frisk, or at least someone with clothes. Toriel was also there, taking notice of Isaac's terrified body, and was able to even give him a new pair of clothes. However, the closet friend Isaac made was with Napstablook, another soul that is able to attack with tears. Isaac was doubly amused by his "dapper blook" top hat. Upon reaching Sans and him figuring out where Frisk went, Gaster blasters and bones quickly filled the basement while Sans rescued them. Despite the mix-up, Sans, Toriel and Frisk still offer to go down there to help Isaac out, with Frisk even giving Isaac a "Friendly Ball", to help pacify monsters.
- One of Isaac's more surprising trips out was to the house of Music. Nobody expected Isaac to be there at all, with their confusion only being amplified when they saw him walk up to the microphone with the announcer of the night calling him a rapper. Their questions were soon answered when they heard the beat dropped and Isaac started rapping (basically, imagine the voice in the video being a high-pitched kid's voice). He soon had the crowd cheering and rooting for him.
- Alongside the many monstrosities that he has to face in the basement, there was the seven deadly sins, personified in monster form that Isaac had to fight and beat. Given how he doesn't have the highest opinion of the sins, he really doesn't like Azmodan due to his title being all about the 7 deadly sins. However, Isaac must admit; they are still preferable in comparison to the 7 deadly sins group that HAS ascended into the pantheon.
- Spooky took a interest in Isaac and decided to trick him into visiting her mansion, locking the door to the way out as soon as he stepped inside. Unfortunately for her, she didn't realize that by this time, Isaac befriended Napstablook, and he helped him clear a way out using his acid tears. While Spooky was understandably peeved, Napstablook's response inadvertently softened the blow enough for her to just give him a stern warning.
Napstablook: Oh no.................I ruined it, didn't I?...He didn't look like he was having too much fun....................I just wanted everyone to be happy. Oh no..........*He slowly vanishes away from her*
- Despite the fact that Isaac's journey seemed to be over, he was surprisingly summoned to not only a fighting tourney, but also a puzzle battle of all things. He made friends with the other people who were attending them, namely Shovel Knight for the former and Astro Boy for the latter. The Gods were also impressed with just how adapt of a fighter Isaac is during his training session with Quote, to the point that they view his Lesser God status as justified.
- Due to just how vulnerable Isaac is, some deities are willing to pop on in and help babysit him to keep him safe. Some of these babysitters include Pico, Nene, and Darnell, who are fellow Newgrounds deities and are more than capable of keeping up with the weird and disgusting nature that Isaac's basement adventures usually provide. Meat Boy is another deity willing to watch over Isaac, more than happy to get his hands dirty in the Basement to keep him safe. He does a VERY good job at that, even if it meant Isaac ended up gaining the ire of Dr. Fetus due to his friendship with Meat Boy, even getting attacked by his machines a couple times. He was just lucky they weren't tear proof and was able to break them. Fancy Pants Man on the other hand decided to just take Isaac to his own temple to watch over him. Isaac is happy to have more people here watching over him and make him feel more safe and secure.
- Out of all the bad moms in the Pantheon, Mem Aleph is the one that Isaac is the most scared of. Due to just how holy and above it all she views herself as, Isaac sees Mem as a even worse version of his own mother. Considering just how scared of her he is, that's saying something. Mem really doesn't have any malicious intentions for Isaac; not that Isaac is aware of them, preferring to stay as far away from her as possible.
- In one of his adventures to the basement, a couple of gods noticed how everything was Isaac; as in, literally everything was just Isaac. The walls, the items, the rocks, everything. When asked and inquired about this incident, all that Isaac's father could explain about it was that "It was a very odd Isaac in the Isaac which shaped Isaac's Isaac of the Isaac, and that Isaac was now more Isaac than Isaac was before."
- Another bizarre incident occurred outside of Isaac's temple, when Isaac and his father were walking by the house of Commerce, only for the both of them to hear a voice from above, talking about how someone was not only angry at Isaac's game and developer, but was going to become back their money. To this day, nobody knew who said that, but the house of Commerce thought it was funny enough to adopt the term "become back my money" into slang, basically meaning "asking for a refund" and "cow on a trash farm" for stocks that are falling.
- Given his experiences with bizarre and creepy entities, Salad Fingers was able to scare Isaac just by his mere presence. Of course, to Salad fingers, he really didn't care much about hurting Isaac, and just asked where he could find some rusty spoons. Isaac ended up having to hide in a toy chest to keep him away from himself till he found some rusty spoons on his own accord and left the room.
Goodbye cruel world,
Setsuko Ohara, Goddess of Shining Tears (Sexsuko)
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: The Glory Star logo
- Theme Music: The Wings That Wipe Away Tears
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: The Sphere Power Empowered With Her Sorrow, thus she's Constantly Being Wrecked Emotionally, Walking Dimension Twister, Constant Traumatic Events, Shyness, Moe characters who suffer beautifully, Zettai Ryouiki, Sparkling Stream of Tears
- Domains: War, Army, Suffering, Emotion, Trauma
- Heralds: Rand Travis, Mel Beater, Toby Watson and Denzel Hammer (fellow ZEUTH members)
- Allies: Excellen Browning, Lamia Loveless, Yukari Yakumo, Yuri Tsukikage, Oichi, Shinji Ikari, Candice White, Kamille Bidan, Stella Vermillion, Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu, Shinn Asuka, Jacuzzi Splot, Yukari Yakumo, Ran Yakumo, and Chen, Yuri Tsukikage of HeartCatch Pretty Cures, Kira Yamato, Tailtiu
- Pitied by: Eizen
- Opposes: Eliza and Neil Reagan
- Setsuko used to be the one with Broken Emotions, making her somewhat the antithesis of Chiyo Miyama. However, throughout her journey, she kept pushing on, be it a certain Asakim Dowin, to journeys towards the Time Prison, they may break her, but she resolved not to get too down on it. This is in spite being in possession of the Sphere of the Sorrowful Maiden, which is empowered with the more she broke down. Her resolve eventually caused her to elevate to a higher level... though not as much, because her new portfolio is in fact this problematic thing that she's blessed with. However, she was chosen because no matter how broken she is, even if she lost every of her senses, she will continue to move forward. In other words... suck it, "Suck."
- ...And then she must move out to make way for another deity. Luckily, the Court found out that her tears can upgrade her mecha and gave her the trope of Sparkling Stream of Tears for that in addition to them shining a lot. Setsuko is relieved she doesn't have to hold a problematic title no longer.
- When she first entered, her powers is said to be deadly and a bit too dangerous if left in check. Yukari has agreed to keep her power in check time to time (if she ever wakes up...). However, when she actually woke up, she saw Setsuko in control of her strength so she fell asleep again.
- At that time Masaki Andoh got lost here, Setsuko freaked out since he reminded her of the one constantly breaking her. Fortunately, over time she noticed that Masaki might actually be the reincarnation of Asakim purged from all of his original evil, now she slowly has started to converse better with him.
- Her first ascension is said to have occurred sometime around Super Robot Wars Z, which also somehow played a part in elevating the status of most of the cast of Gundam SEED Destiny (except for Djibril, who missed the chance by being ignorant that there is one.) Apparently she's very close to some like Kamille Bidan and Shinn Asuka.
- She also hung out a lot with Yuri as the Precure often gave her advices on how to overcome her Trauma Conga Line.
- Occasionally hangs out with Shinji Ikari, although The Status Quo usually gets Haruhi to hit the Reset Button before anything can ever come of it. Fortunately, they do finally meet when the Time Prison was broken.
- The unlocking of the Third Stage of her sphere which allows allies to evade better and also allowing people to get stronger whenever they're near her is the solid proof of her mastery of the Sphere, even with all the sucks that come with her.
- Something nice has finally happened to her: Her ex-follower Candice White finally ascended. They happen to get along very well now. Of course, that's why she ascended further.
- With her new throne, she pretty much became the 'antithesis' of Stella Vermillion. However, their relationship is much more cordial, with Stella encouraging Setsuko to get a better hang of her 'blessings', something that she's been doing.
The Plain Doll
The Plain Doll, She Who Unexpectedly Cried Through Impossible Means
- Quasideity (although harbors the powers equivalent to a Lesser Being)
- Symbol: Her hair ornament.
- Theme Song: The Hunter's Dream (shared with Gehrman)
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: A doll that moves and resembles an important figure, uncoditionally kind towards the Hunter and loves him no matter what out of parental instinct, becomes alive out of affection, was meant to replace Gehrman's mania towards Lady Maria
- Domain: Magic, Appearances, Emotions, Love, Animated Objects
- Master: The Hunter
- Additional Relationships: Lady Maria
- Mixed Reception from: Suigintou, Suiseiseki and Souseiseki, Laetitia, Medicine Melancholy, Alice Margatroid, Alfred Drevis, the Other Mother
- Conflicted Opinion from: Coraline Jones, Lea
- Caregiver to: Gehrman
- Commonality Connection to: The Maiden in Black, Rei Ayanami, Byleth, Astro Boy
- Enemies: None. She loves everyone and has no form of concept for hatred nor killing.
- Opposed by: Pierrot Joker, The Joker, The Batman Who Laughs, Junko Enoshima
- A doll has very few emotions one can make out since these things cannot smile, talk nor even cry at least once due to lack of living functions. That is mostly for the normal type of dolls at the very least, yet some dolls, paranormal or not, can imitate emotions, and in the case of this doll, the emotion it does is mostly love, an emotion usually reserved for feelings of trust and companionship. This Plain Doll has the uncanny ability to do such, even if unconditionally so, which makes things weird but perhaps one of the weirdest aspects is how the Doll is capable of shedding tears (of joy). With all that weirdness and theorycrafting aside, one fact can be deduced from this, is that such inanimate object has the capabilities of loving, smiling and crying, and how is this demonstrated? Ask the Hunter.
- The Hunter's first entrance to the Hunter's Dream was first seen with a doll that seemed lifeless. Of course that is what he saw upon the first normal gaze, but upon acquiring even a single Insight, lo and behold, the Doll is standing, waiting for the Hunter to approach her. Her introduction tells how she is made to love Humans in general but most importantly, her master whom built her, that being Gehrman, the owner of the Hunter's Dream. While her love stretches to most humans, their response back to her are mixed, shown as Gehrman's contempt for the Doll are shown.
Gehrman: "We don't have as many tools as we once did, but... You're welcome to use whatever you find. (Whispers) ...Even the doll, should it please you..."
- As for that part about the Doll crying, as the Hunter can attest, it requires finding the origin of the Hunter's Dream: the Abandoned Old Workshop and with it the original inspiration for both the Dream and the Doll itself, though not as lively as the one in the Dream, yet can be seen its finger tapping. By giving the Doll a hair ornament, the Doll is able to shed a single tear, becoming a Tear Stone. Those who have witnessed it are baffled at how it is able to do that, with many theorists and knowledge-seekers trying to find out what exactly made it cry upon giving it a simple hair ornament. There is a simple answer to that: joy.Note
- The Doll will always love her dear Hunter and clearly the Hunter loves her back since she can only move if there is someone to love her, a detail that Gehrman hoped would have helped in the long run though he grew sick of it. Even if he were to attack her, she will simply come back to continue serving him. He may even use her as he wishes, whatever that entails, though the Hunter's primary use for her it to transfer Blood Echoes into his body, making him stronger. As for what the love the Doll is meant to show to him, it is mostly parental.
"Of course..... I do love you".
- Despite The Hunter being in the Pantheon, one weird detail that some of the more knowledgeable deities can see is that the Doll can be seen with the baby Hunter Great One, pushing him in a baby stroller. The details here are murky but that requires about three one-third of an umbilical cord, of which has great connection to the Great Ones. Good or bad? Who knows. It is best to leave that to the theorycrafters to decide.
- The Plain Doll is a complete mystery to many. The only information that can be confirmed is that she was built by men, the mystery about her ability to move still persists. Questions regarding her nature were asked to her master, of which he refused to answer though some of his responses have shown that he is okay with other people handling the Doll whenever they please. Some have the belief that she might be an eldritch being like the Great Ones since she has the ability to manipulate Blood Echoes as that part of her remains unknown. Though if one takes the information mentioned above and her relationship with the Hunter, which includes said relationship of the Great Ones, then some may have the right to be confused if not suspicious about her love for humans if it includes the Great Ones as well.
- Another note to her creation is that her looks almost mimics that of another person. Afterall, dolls have been designed with inspiration in mind. Then came the realization that said inspiration was the Old Hunter Lady Maria, who resigned herself to defending the Fishing Hamlet in the same vein as Gehrman defending the Hunter's Dream. While Gehrman is still wandering what exactly happened to her as he has been stuck in that realm for God knows how long, the Doll still has no clue about the person she was built upon.
- It is true that the Hunter is often considered her only companion, however since she has been built by men and conditioned to love humanity, she considers others to be loved as well, although reciprocation is not a guarantee. Her silent demeanor is one of the flaws between her and a good conversation and a source of comparisons between a few deities, with the most obvious ones being the Maiden in Black and Rei Ayanami. But to explain each similarities of the two would take some intense observation but what can be gathered is that these two have the main aspects that the Doll has.
- In the Maiden in Black's case, they both serve their fellow protagonists and serve as their source for gaining more power via souls for the Maiden and blood echoes for the Doll. Their voice also creates confusion since both do sound eerily similar. The Maiden could technically be considered a Spiritual Successor of sorts as they do serve a similar purpose. The key difference is that the Maiden displays less emotion than her inanimate counterpart. As for the latter, it seems that her ability to power the Hunter were not effective since he does get the opportunity to become a Great One, rendering her powers limited to the Hunter and said purpose is instead placed into the Doll.
- On the case of Rei Ayanami, their common habits are far more obvious, whether it be the implications of them being clones, their perception of love in a not so subtle and often guillible way, but most importantly their looks being reminiscent to that of another person. Rei was afterall designed to replicate Yui Ikari and the Doll was built as a fix for Gehrman's mania towards Maria, both of which failed and gave more contempt to their creators for not being the similar/expected outcomes. The Doll has no comment and neither has Rei, although the two could be considered friends to some degree.
- Her love extends to most of humanity, even if said person would kill the Doll, though expect to be weirded out by the presence of white blood, she would be resurrected and still unconditionally love that person. It can be deduced from this that as a doll with limited intelligence, she has no idea what the concept of killing is, which makes certain houses such as the Houses of Hatred and Rancor and Slaughter outright pissed that their efforts on feeding on her rage is next to impossible. Even the chance of angering her seems slim as her response is only that of confusion, which puts into perspective that emotion-wise, the Doll is devoid of anger and killing. And if that was not enough, the subhouse of Killers and Assassins cannot even kill her thanks to her immortality, only adding more fuel to the fire for the happy-trigger deities.
- Meanwhile, her perception on love is confusing as one cannot differentiate if the Doll is supposed to love the person in a parental or in a romantic case. If it is the former, then it is hampered because of her clingy love towards the Hunter. If it is romantic, then it is also a lost cause since she cannot see the deeper aspects of love, such as romantic approaches and even the basics of sex. These two sights only show that the Doll's perception on love is in an innocent and childish manner, which makes her less human to outright creepy.
- The "unable to comprehend hate" part also extends to even Hope Crushers as they have the knack to break anyone's hopes and dreams and force their victims into despair. Yet for all their efforts, it seems like they have not bothered dealing with her. As a combination of attempts from three Jokers and the owner of Monokuma can attest, the attempts to put her in a state of despair has all turned to failure as she is too devoted to humanity in general. The last attempt made Junko surprisingly give up and call quits, realizing that attempting to trick the Plain Doll into hopelessness is as akin to smashing one's head in a wall.
- As she is a doll, her opinions from other dolls are few and far between since she comprehends other humans, other "living" dolls are a mixed bag. The other dolls such as the Rozen Maidens Suigintou, Suiseiseki and Souseiseki cannot fathom her personality. Her love for humans in particular angers Suigintou to the point of annoyance and desperation to kill her, which fails. On the other hand, Medicine Melancholy and Laetitia has limited success talking to her, as the latter's pranks have little to no effect on her, probably because she does not interact with her presents while the former's poison has no effect on her whatsoever because while it does kill her, keeping her dead is another thing, not to mention attempting to get rid of her Master, either the Hunter or Gehrman, requires heavy effort.
- Doll handlers have piqued interest on her if only because her form and creation is interesting to observe. A doll made by humans and unconditionally loves them back is a rare sight, a sight that Alfred Drevis has tried to replicate. His observation of her seems to fit his criteria of what his dolls hoped to be, retained innocence with their beauty still intact. Though as he looked further into the Doll's anatomy and creation, he got lost and gave up attempting to replicate the Doll with his own versions, eventually forced to kidnap (read:attempt) her. While that got nowhere, Alice Margatroid's magic also went nowhere as the Doll, despite being naive, is immune to her magic being subservient to whoever discovers her as well as the Hunter's Dream, meaning controlling her is pretty useless.
- The Doll's intense love for humanity also comes off as creepy while also being tame at the same time which makes her close to uncanny levels of scary. And while her comparisons were mixed with the other dolls inside Pantheon grounds, one in particular has been left out, the Other Mother. Seeing her childlike personality, she has taken interest in her seeing that she could fill the void for a child to take care of, but as the deity that represents Living Doll Collector, this bears bad news. Fortunately she cannot be kidnapped nor leave the Hunter's Dream, so in retaliation for this, she has decided to take her frustrations to the Hunter, of which many attempts have been made and counting. Coraline, one of the victims of the Other Mother before thwarting her off, has been avoiding the Doll but only because of her nature as a doll. In contrast to the other dolls that are either evil or not caring towards their other surroundings, she has mellowed down on the Plain Doll since she is the nicest among the bunch.
- There are other entities other than dolls that exhibit similar state of personalities, such as being fixated on what they were built upon and having almost no human-like emotions to speak of. AI also leans to this side, though some do have the ability to move past their programming and even learn new things. The Plain Doll is on the former but Lea is on the latter, able to eventually move on from what she was originally made to do. Her observations on the Plain Doll is mixed, her naivety to blend as a human being a detriment but at the same time, her ability to display love (even if it looks less human-like) has her wonder what exactly happened during the time of her creation.
- In the subject of prototypes or even replacements for certain people, some have refused to talk to her out of their past, something that both Byleth and even Astro Boy have contemplated upon. Byleth's history as an attempted replacement for Sothis was a key reason for his/her stunted emotions as well as a whole can of worms that being the royalty of the three houses, Astro Boy on the other hand was built to replace the dead son of Dr. Temna but robots are unable to replicate their original counterparts, and opted to abandon him out of frustration. As for the Doll's original counterpart, there is a reason why Maria is not mentioned much within the Dream.
- "Welcome home, good hunter. What is it you desire?"