open/close all folders
Gundam Development Project
The Gundam Development Project
- Class 3 Treasure, but have the potential to develop into Class 2 (especially the GP-02)
- Appearances: Three (five initially) Gundam-type units produced by Anaheim Electronics for the Earth Federation. All of them are prominently painted white and blue, but look considerably different from one another, due to each of them being designed for different types of combat operations, as well as being used for the development of future generation mobile suit types
- All units: Super Prototype, Lightning Bruiser, Three of them serving as central plot devices in their respective story, At least two of them being stolen for different reasons
- GP-00: Flawed Prototype
- GP-01: Jack-of-All-Stats and Master of None, Upgraded into the Space-use Full Vernien type
- GP-02A: Nuke 'em, Crippling Overspecialization
- GP-03: Meta Mecha, BFG and BFS
- GP-04: Never completed due to being redundant with the creation of the GP-01FB, Serving as the basis for the Gerbera Tetra used by Zeon Remnants
- Domain: Real Robots, Space, War, Technology
- Known Pilots: Anavel Gato (Gundam GP-02)
- Developed by the growing and increasingly influential Anaheim Electronics following the One-Year War, the Gundam Development Project was a result of the acquisition of now-defunct Zeon Mobile Suit manufacturers. Specifically, all research on the latest Mobile Suit development at the time was applied to all units built under the project. This resulted in all units having different appearances from one another, some drastic.
- The first unit, and the prototype for all the subsequent Gundams, is the relatively unknown GP-00 "Blossom". What is known about it is that it was a testbed unit, it had transformable capabilities, and most uniquely, had a Minovsky Particle Interference Wave Searcher, which was essentially an Enemy-Detecting Radar that tracked Minovsky Patricles. It was destroyed in approximately UC 0082 while on a test run near Von Braun city.
- All subsequent units are based on the data of this Flawed Prototype, while also ironing out all the flaws of the previous suit. The results were the GP-01 "Zephyranthes", GP-02 "Physalis", and GP-03 "Dendrobium".
- Of these three, the GP-02 stands out the most, since it was designed with carrying nuclear weapons rather than for direct combat like the other two. Despite this being a clear violation of the Antarctic Treaty which banned all nuclear weapons in warfare, the Federation justified it's creation by stating that it was a deterrent rather than a weapon. Zeon still uses this as propaganda exemplifying the Federation's hypocrisy, despite attempting to use nukes themselves during the war and the treaty was void since it only applied to the then defunct Zeon government.
- The GP-01 "Zephyranthes" is the most ordinary-looking of the bunch. This unit was developed for operating in both Earth and Space environments, and is armed with a Beam rifle and two beam sabers, much like the original RX-78-2 Gundam. Like it's predecessor, it also features a Core Block system, but unlike the older Gundam, the "Zephyranthes" has an interchangeable core-block system, allowing for both specialized ground and space combat. When fitted with the Space-type Core Fighter and additional parts, the unit became the GP-01FB "Zephyranthes Full Vernien", designed for Space combat, and features two massive thrusters in it's backpack for more speed and agility in space.
- Aside from this, the GP-01 also features additional equipment for aquatic combat, as well as Chobham armor similar to the one used on Gundam Alex.
- The GP-03 "Dendrobium" is actually two different components. The Gundam itself is called the "Stamen", which by itself isn't unlike the GP-01FB, a Space combat MS armed with similar weaponry. What makes this unit unique is that this is used to pilot the much larger "Orchis" component, a huge Mobile Armor designed for engaging multiple enemies without the need for immediate resupply.
- A fourth unit was also created for Space combat, called the GP-04 "Gerbera". However, due to the GP-01FB also being designed for Space combat, this Gundam was never completed. Instead, it was sold to Zeon remnants, and they completed it as the Gerbera Tetra.
- When all five units were ascended into the Pantheon, Anavel Gato was overjoyed that he could finally be reunited with his old machine. However, upon checking the Mobile Suit's loadout, he noticed one thing in particular: the nuclear bazooka had no warhead loaded into it. Nonetheless, he steals it once again, in the hopes that he can find another deity willing to create a replica nuclear weapon for him to use.
- The ascension of these machines also earn the interest of other deities, most especially Bask Ohm, who remembers the GP-03 from it's use during Operation Stardust. He hopes to reacquire this and Gundam Unit 1, and repaint them in Titans colors. He also plans on deleting any copies of the Project's data once more,with the exception of keeping one copy for himself.
- Even before it was stolen again, the GP-02's development and existence was, and still is, opposed by several deities who are against the use of nuclear weapons. With it being taken by the very man who used it to launch one of these attacks before, it causes a huge amount of concern in the Pantheon, especially considering that there actually are deities willing to supply Gato with nuclear warheads.
- It should be noted that all five machines shown here are replicas built using data and blueprints from Anaheim Electronics. This is because the remaining three completed Gundams, and the Gerbera Tetra based on them, were destroyed during Operation Stardust and/or confiscated by the Titans not long after the latter's founding.
- Much like the series they originated from, these machines are meant to bridge the technological development between the RX-78-2 Gundam and MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam, down to their colors being similar to both units.
Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. Eight Elements
Guren S.E.I.T.E.N. Eight Elements
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Face Palm Of Doom, Mini-Mecha, Overly Long Name, Wave Motion Gun
- Domain: Machine, War, Combat
- Pilot: Kallen Kozuki
- Height: 4.51 Meters
- Weight: 7.51 Metric Tonnes
- Power Source: Yggdrasil Drive, Energy Filler
- Kallen Kozuki's own personal mech that she used for her final battle against Suzaku Kururugi and his Lancelot Albion. It was severely damaged after their battle but was restored to its former power thanks to the House of Technology.
- Plenty of people in the Pantheon are flabbergasted at the unnecessarily long name.
- Despite it being a mini-mech, the Guren can match and even outpace larger mechs like Gundams.
- Kallen has used her Guren in training with Domon Kasshu in his God Gundam. The two are hoping to perform a Double Shining Finger.
- While the Guren only really has two main weapons, the claw and knife, it makes up for it by how powerful its Radiation Wave Surger is.
- Despite its coloring, the Guren has zero connection to Tony Stark and is not a Hulk-Buster. That said, he wouldn't mind having a version of the Guren as a suit.
Metal Gear REX
Metal Gear REX (Nuclear Equipped Walking Battle Tank)
- A large, bipedal robot with a radome on one side and a railgun on the other side of the main body
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Theme Music: Man Vs. Machine 2
- Portfolio: Walking Tank, Railgun to Fire Nukes, Gatling Good, Macross Missile Massacre, Laser Cannon, Animal Mecha
- Domains: Mechas, Nukes
- Pilots: Liquid Snake, Solid Snake
- A mecha originally designed by scientist Aleksandr Leonovitch Granin, Metal Gear REX was only built much later by ArmTech, with one of chief engineers being Hal "Otacon" Emmerich. Before it was finished, it was captured by FOXHOUND for their purpose. However, it was destroyed by Solid Snake before it could be used. Though not completely.
- Metal Gear REX was designed as a self-mobile weapons platform meant to far outclass every other military vehicle on the market. While it's most impressive weapon is the nuclear-warhead launching railgun for stealth strikes, it possess other weapons for survivability in the field like gatling guns, missiles and a laser. It even has "Street Fighter" program what allows the pilot to use the hull of the REX as a weapon, allowing it to go to close-ranged combat with military vehicles and mechas.
- Metal Gear REX is kept in high security to make sure that it doesn't fall into wrong hands again. In fact, some gods feel like they should remove the railgun it has to make it so that if someone does steal it, they don't have it on their hands right away.
- Might have an organic counterpart called Gear REX.
MS-06 Zaku II
A MS-06 Zaku II
- Appearance: A roughly 55-foot tall Mobile Suit with asymmetrical shoulder plating, power piping and a pink mono-eye, details can vary depending on the variant you are looking at
- Alignment: True Neutral (though its users run the gamut on alignments)
- Portfolio: Cyber Cyclops, Real Robots, Mass-Produced Machines, Mecha-Mooks
- Domains: Army, Colony Drops, Gas Attacks, Machines, Military, War
- Known Pilot(s): Char Aznable, who uses an Ace Custom version, but every Zeon pilot has piloted it at some point
- Produced by the now defunct Zeonic Company, many of the suits that have come from this design were piloted by mostly inexperienced pilots, save one, who painted his red to stand out. This record is factually incorrect, given that many Ace Pilots have used custom paint-jobs on their Zakus, but Char's unit is still the most infamous of the lot.
- The GUAE Mecha Cohort uses this unit as a mass-production unit, though its gross obsolescence prevents it from being used by all its troops. It is most prevalent in Gihren Zabi's Zeon faction, made up of old-school pilots who are unwilling to part with their original units. They make do with heavily modified versions so they can stand up to the more powerful and up-to-date units used by the GUAG Robot War Division. Suffice to say, the only remaining Zaku left unaltered is the one here in the Vault.
- Appears to exist in a state of quantum uncertainty; it is whatever specific model (F, J, R, sometimes even a MSM-01) and equipped with whatever specific gear the viewer thinks it ought to be. Here's a bunch of specific variants:
- The MS-06F is the standard Zaku, this was the terror of its time, equipped with a machine gun, bazooka, heat hawk and cracker grenades, though it can be customized to be more versatile. This is the form in which the Zaku appears most to viewers.
- The MS-06S is the commander variant of the Zaku, with an antenna on the head for enhanced communication capabilities, as well as an improved power plant for more thrust and acceleration. Otherwise, it is so identical to the 'F' variant that it is only distinguishable by the custom colour schemes given by its pilot, particularly the livery of Red Comet Char Aznable. Additionally, Zeon Space Fleet Vice Admiral Dozle Zabi (non-ascended, serves as adjutant to Char), uses a green-painted version with ornate gold trimming and Garma Zabi infrequently used a vulcan-gun equipped version denoted as the MS-06FS. Nearly every ace Zeon pilot (Johnny Ridden, Shin Matsunaga, Gabby Hazard, Uma Lightning, the Black Tri-Stars) has used this unit at some point.
- The MS-06J is the ground-use variant of the Zaku, compared to the 'F' variant meant for space use. The vernier thrusters on the 'F' variant are absent on the 'J' variant, and it has a more powerful reactor to endure the full gravity conditions on Earth as well as improved insulation. It was later retired in favour of the MS-07B Gouf and later the MS-09B Dom.
- The aforementioned MSM-01 or the MS-06M Zaku Marine Type is the precursor to Zeon's line of aquatic mobile suits (i.e. the Gogg, Acguy and Z'Gok). Specialized hydro-jet engines are mounted on its surface as well as being equipped with a SUBROC machine gun and rocket pods.
- Probably the most advanced suit of this line is the entire High Mobility Line. A line designed to create a superior mobile suit to the original Zaku, which was becoming hopelessly outdated compared to Federation suits, it failed to become a mass-production unit. The final suit of this line was MS-06R-2, a Lightning Bruiser designed for space use, but ultimately lost to the Rick Dom for mass production due to its high price count. The four units that were produced were given to ace pilots such as 'Crimson Lightning' Johnny Ridden. Older models had followed this pattern, with its predecessor, with the MS-06R-1 being given to the Black Tri-Stars and White Wolf of Solomon Shin Matsunaga. Eventually, its lack of beam weaponry led to it being discontinued in favour of the more general-purpose MS-14 Gelgoog, which failed anyway due to Incompletely Trained pilots.
- Others include the MS-06E Zaku Reconnaisance Type, MS-06K Zaku Cannon, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai, MS-06F2 Zaku II F2 Type and the MS-06R-AB Zaku Amazing.
- MS-06T Zaku Trainer Type units are currently being loaned out to SHOCKER by Gihren as part of a business deal for training their SHOCKER Combatmen. As of late, basic training courses have completed and when the time is right, Gihren will begin transferring combat-ready units to the organization to aid them in their war against the Toku Base.
- Since it is so prevalent and such an important unit in the history of the Real Robot Genre, the Decepticons are considering acquiring some of these units and implanting them with sparks for use as footsoldiers. Soundwave recommended this direction to Megatron as a way to compensate for their lack of named members in the Pantheon. He notes that they look similar to their resident scientific officer, Shockwave.
- Tatsuya Yuuki has begun kicking around the idea of creating a Gundam exhibition in the Interdimensional Time Displacement Museum of the Multiverse. He has begun filing the paperwork to fish the Zaku out of the Vault for use in the exhibition.
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
The MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (Z Gundam, Zeta)
- Appearance: A white humanoid Humongous Transforming Mecha with a red, blue, and yellow body.
- Alignment: True Neutral, Chaotic Good when Piloted by Kamille Bidan, Neutral Good when Piloted by Amuro Ray
- Portfolio: Ace Custom, Transforming Mecha, Mid-Season Upgrade, Lightning Bruiser
- Domains: Real Robots, Space, War, Transformation
- Known Pilots: Kamille Bidan, Amuro Ray
- Similar Units: RX-78-2 Gundam, XXXG-01W Wing Gundam
- The Zeta Gundam is one of the notable Gundam mobile suit that was used by Kamille Bidan during the middle of AEUG's war against the oppressive Titans faction. Zeta's notable features is the ability to transform into a plane called the "Waverider Mode" which allows the Zeta to move at greater speed.
- Prior to the creation of its finalized design, Anaheim Electronics had created 3 prototype versions of the Zeta Gundam each with different heads, while it can transform like its finalized counterpart, there's too much metal fatigue on the frame until these problems were corrected by Kamille Bidan by incorporating the movable frame concept found in the Gundam MK-II and the Gundarium alloy to the finalized design of the Zeta Gundam.
- This variable mobile suit concept has inspired many transformable Gundam mobile suits in the Gundam Metaverse, the notable example is the XXXG-01W Wing Gundam which features a similar, yet simpler, transformable concept in the said mobile suit.
The RX-78-2 Gundam (Gundam, White Mobile Suit, RX-78-02)
- Appearance: A white humanoid Humongous Mecha with a red, blue, and yellow body with the signature "Gundam Face": glowing eyes, face mask with two vents and a red chin, vents on either side of the face, and a V-fin.
- Alignment: True Neutral, Neutral Good when piloted by Amuro Ray
- Portfolio: The First Mobile Suit of its Kind, Made of 3 Parts, Has Senseless Agility for a Mecha, Thrusters, Core Fighters, Redesigned for the Sake of Selling Model Kits
- Domains: Real Robots, Destruction, Peace, Space, War
- Known Pilot(s): William Kemp (intended), Amuro Ray
- Related Units: The ∀ Gundam and MS-06 Zaku II
- First and foremost, this particular mobile Suit inspired many other mobile suits and mecha, to the point where almost any mecha with "Gundam" in its name will don its face with some variation and sometimes its color scheme.
- One of three prototype units constructed to counter the Zaku as part of the Earth Federation's Project V, it was first activated by the son of the project coordinator, Amuro Ray, who fell into the cockpit and repelled Zeon invaders who were aiming to destroy the project site. Henceforth, the Gundam would fight along its sister units, the Guncannon and Guntank for the duration of the One Year War.
- This model is only a replica. The original was destroyed at the Battle of A Baoa Qu against the MSN-02 Zeong. Engineers from the House of Technology have built two replicas under the guidance of renowned mech designer Hajime Katoki. One for exhibiting inside the Vault and one as a reserve unit for Amuro in the GUAG Gundam Corps. This is often relegated to non-heavy combat duties since his current unit, the Hi-ν Gundam, is more than capable of handling damage and Amuro's Newtype abilities.
- Most people assume high-profile villains want to use it, but no. This unit is old and a joke compared to the more modern Gundams. The only thing holding it up is the nostalgia and popularity it has. Heck, even its importance to the war began waning when a mass-production GM based on it was released. It was supposed to be a primarily white suit, but Bandai demanded it have a more toyetic aesthetic with more colours to help sell merchandise.
- If it were to be the real one, better look out for Amuro. It's easy to forget that in this unit, Amuro was still the second highest scoring Ace Pilot in the One Year War.
- Alignment: Neutral Evil
- Portfolio: Humongous Mecha, Our Dragons Are Different
- Domain: Power, Technology, Dragon
- Lord Zedd's own personal Megazord, it was left deserted after both Zedd and Rita Repulsa were hit by Zordon's energy wave and turned good. It was then recovered by remnants of the Machine Empire until it was destroyed by the Red Wild Force Ranger. Now, after Melkor was able to rebuild it, it's waiting the for day it can unleash its might.
- Even though Serpentera is considered one of the most powerful Megazords to exist, it wastes A LOT OF ENERGY. And most of the time, right when it's about to defeat the Rangers, it has to retreat after nearly depleting its energy. Many scientists of the GUAE are currently trying to find a suitable and stable power source for the dragon Megazord.
- Both Tommy and Jason have noticed that the rebuilt Serpentera is much bigger than they remember.
- Note that Serpentera's Sentai counterpart is named Daizinryu. Instead of being just a regular Megazord, it's actually a Physical God that wants to preserve peace in the Cosmos. Of course, since the concepts of good and evil are meaningless, he would destroy either side if it would bring peace to the world.
- Appearance: A stocky Mini-Mecha with oversized arms and hooks for weapons.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Being built in a sealed cave from Bohrok parts that were once Av-Matoran, Good Old Fisticuffs, Meaningful Name, Xtreme Kool Letterz
- Domain: Mecha, Technology, Combat, Travel
- The Boxor was not originally a part of the Treasures and, indeed, pales in comparison to a great many of the other Mecha found here. In spite of that, it played a critical role in defeating the Bohrok invasion by being easy to produce - being built from the parts of their deconstructed enemies - and giving groups of Matoran a fighting chance against the Bohrok when the six Toa weren't around to defend them - and, with Whenua believing in the importance of history as he does, that made it important enough for him to suggest to Nuparu that he rebuild one for display. Nuparu was happy to oblige.
- The Boxor actually can't be piloted by most of the Pantheon's deities - the cockpit is far too small. This does mean, however, that human children (and various short races like dwarves, goblins, hobbits, etc.) make for excellent pilots of the vehicle. Neither Nuparu nor Whenua has been receptive to suggestions that the GUAE might want to copy the design to create a brigade of Mini-Mecha-piloting Child Soldiers.
- Deities who have asked Nuparu why the Boxor's Meaningful Name is so on-the-nose (it punches) typically receive a variation on the following:
Nuparu: I'm an engineer, not a poet.
- Several deities from the House of Commerce have made mention of an alternate, taller version of the Boxor◊ - and even sworn that they have seen Nuparu piloting one. Nuparu himself has no memory of this creation whatsoever, though he's up for recreating the design.