Accessories | Capes and Coats | Clothing Style | Clothing Theme | Combat Clothing | Disguises | Eyewear | Fanservice Attires | Handwear and Footwear | Hats | Headwear | Legwear | Underclothes
open/close all folders
Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Canary
Dinah Laurel Lance, Goddess of Fishnets (Black Canary, The Blonde Bombshell, Sonic Siren, Pretty Bird, Siu Jerk Jai)
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: The Birds of Prey symbol
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Action Girl, Badass Biker, Badass Family for her Mother and Team Arrow, Dye Hard, Fights Like a Normal, Hell-Bent for Leather, Legacy Hero, Leotard of Power, One of the first deities with screaming powers, Mama Bear, Ms. Fanservice, She's Got Legs.
- Domains: Sound, Heroes, Good.
- Heralds: Birds of Prey members Huntress and Lady Blackhawk, her adopted daughter Sin, Sally Jupiter
- Followers: Sweet Pea, Amber
- Allies: The DC Universe: Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Zatanna Zatara, Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman, Kara Zor-El/Supergirl, Bruce Wayne/Batman, Barry Allen/The Flash, Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Rachel Roth/Raven, Arthur Curry/Aquaman, John Henry Irons/Steel, Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch/Firestorm, Shiera Hall/Hawkgirl, Billy Batson/, Kara Zor-L of Earth Two/Power Girl, Dick Grayson/Nightwing, Tim Drake/Red Robin, Victor Stone/Cyborg, Nimue Inwudu/Madame Xanadu
- Rivals: Lady Shiva, Mandy, Alison Blaire/Dazzler
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Catwoman, Panty & Stocking
- Odd Friendship: Sam and Dean Winchester
- Feared by: Barney Stinson
- A follower of Black Bolt, she tried to gain co-ownership of the title, but her Canary Cry fell far short of of his destructive power. Undeterred, she underwent intense training, becoming one of the best martial artists in her world. Eventually the Pantheon found a spot in the House of Costumes, noting her distinctive fishnets as a note for ascension. She holds no grudge with her superior, wishing him the best once she left his temple.
- Gives credit to her ascension to Gail Simone. The writer propped her up from a C-Lister to one of the most well-known female superheroes as well as an accomplished martial artist. There are also a few writers she's... less enthusiastic with, namely Andrew Kreisberg and Judd Winick.
- It goes without saying that her arrival to the Pantheon was met with acclaim throughout the House of Heroes. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman personally helped design her temple.
- Few other deities were more happy with her ascension than Barbara Gordon. The two helped bring each other up from the brink by forming the Birds of Prey. Both heroes became more popular as a result. The two are planning to ascend the third member Huntress into the Pantheon. Neither would comment on the constant sexual subtext between the two.
- To say her relationship with Green Arrow is complicated would be an understatement. Once just a budding romance, she was formally inducted into the Arrow family where she has been an instrumental part of the group. So why do so many of her followers are against the pairing? Many point out that she is far less competent compared to him when paired together to the point of accusing her of being a Faux Action Girl. The couple have since broken up with each other, but are more than happy to back each other up in a Battle Couple, citing their problems as a consequence of bad writing than any ill will between the two.
- Now that she's together with the Arrow, a friendly rivalry of sorts has formed between the two and the duo of Hawkeye and Black Widow. The first three genuinely want to take bragging rights whenever they outstage the other. Natasha merely goes along with the feud.
- Fellow fishnet wearer Zatanna welcomed her with open arms. The two were famously involved in a case involving a blood cult. The two also have mouth-based superpowers. Many villains snickered, pointing out that the two can also be incapacitated in the same way with some rope and gags. Of course, the two goddesses know this and are capable of finding ways around that problem.
- When she found out that Lady Shiva was in the Pantheon as well, she stormed straight to her temple and threatened to scream out her eardrums if she ever tries to take away her adopted daughter Sin. The dragon lady was amused that Dinah thought she could beat her, but has agreed to her terms for the time being.
- Has been seen with Rise as of late, most likely to exchange notes in their singing careers. The Goddess of Combat Support has been an invaluable ally to Dinah, scanning out weaknesses while buffing her stats. That doesn't save Rise from criticism for being childish at times, not taking any sort of criticism for her voice very well.
- She is now much more appreciative of the Canary when she was nearly the victim of an assassination attempt by I-No. Black Canary put a stop to the attack and fought the assassin off after a brief scuffle. Expect Dinah to be among the top of Ino's shitlist in the future.
- Was appalled to discover the existence of a Superman that took over the entire planet. Even worst was the fate of that universe's Oliver.
- Want to find the best way to piss her off? Mention her appearance in All-Star Batman. The infidel that does is guaranteed to have cracked eardrum, a black eye and crushed privates.
- Occasionally works together with Catwoman, especially since the other members of the Birds of Prey are absent. Don't expect the two to get along that well regardless.
- Given the nature of her title, a confrontation with Panty and Stocking was inevitable (though it is mostly due to Panty asking if Oliver is off the table with her arrival. Dinah allows her to proceed... for now). As reckless as the two can be, she sees their counterparts Scanty and Kneesocks to be far worse. Expect some tension from the trio, followed by some effective teamwork when the chips are down.
- A few villains made an attempt to discredit her title, citimho her hideous 80 costume◊ as the reason not to ascend her. The Court of the Gods were not convinced, pointing out that she has long since burned that outfit as well as any previous memory of it. Any future mention of it will earn you a thourough thrashing.
- Is absolutely horrified that an alternate form of Superman exists who became a tyrant. What's worse was the grim fate of that universe's Green Arrow. Although she adds to the list of enemies Regime Superman has to deal with, he's taken a special interest in her. Few deities know the true reason for this is because he fears her, namely for being one of the closest someone came to defeating him.
- Works with the rest of the Houses of Music and Heroes as well as the Scoobies to prevent the Music Meister from ever setting foot, lest the entire Pantheon be subjected to musicals for all of eternity. For her part, she has been selected as their counter-weapon in case such an event occurs. She's been staring daggers at Barney to make sure his Avatar doesn't bring him. He's scared of her for sure, but has promised not to do so. Or would he?
- Played by various actresses, it's inevitable that she would have a wide range of odd relationships with various other deities. It gets especially odd among her DC gods and mortals.:
- There was one time when she was ambushed by the Winchester Brothers. After a brief tussle, the two found out she wasn't the demon Ruby, just someone who looked familiar. The trio eventually managed to get over the misunderstanding.
- Azula groaned at her ascension, as that means one more goddess that shares the same voice as her. The feeling was matched by Mandy and Daphne Blake. Dinah ranks Daphne as the most likable and Azula as the most hated. Black Canary and Mandy merely agreed not to cross paths again and leave it at that.
- Was once confused by Malcolm Reynalds as his old friend Inara. Subdued sexual tension aside, the two managed to stay on good terms with each other.
- She's also on friendly terms with Gamora, Deadliest Woman in her world's Galaxy. The two mainly chat and spar among one another.
- Was surprised to discover that she also sounded a lot like Bayonetta's rival Jeanne. The two haven't met just yet, though.
- Freddy Krueger was very upset when he saw her because he remembered that he killed someone who looked like her before and was determined to fix this mistake. However, he was in for a surprise when Dinah unleashed her Canary Cry on him. This made Freddy even more determined to destroy Dinah for fighting back at him.
- "That's the thing about me. When I open my mouth... it tends to drown out everyone in the vicinity."