Here lies the Grand United Alliance of Law, ruled by YHVH, The Absolute Lawmaker. It is important to note that unlike the Grand United Alliance of Good, this faction is not filled with genuine good guys, a constant reminder that Law and Good are not necessarily synonymous (although YHVH himself would disagree). The Forces of Law stand for order, structure and peace, at any price: as such, the motivations of its members range from pious individuals who see YHVH's ideals as the path to happiness for all, to brutal dictators simply wishing to crush all vestiges of freedom underfoot. Opposing the Grand United Alliance of Law is The Grand United Alliance of Chaos, led by Lucifer, The Creator of Chaos, though YHVH's actions have stepped on the toes of the other Alliances as well.
The GUAL's base of operations are the multiple realms of Heaven.
The first layer is known as Purgatorium. Though it is a beautiful, heavenly domain at first sight, it has been described as a cold and unsettling place, and the demons and angels that wander its pathways are as deadly as any resident of the Labyrinth of Amala. There is a large, shiny gate at the end, labeled "Paradiso", which radiates such dazzling, cold light only members of the Ministry and the Order can manage to endure it across to the chambers of the Council.
Hidden from view is YHVH's true domain, YHVH's Universe, where his vastness is hidden by the mass produced angels and illusions that tread its expansive and empty halls. YHVH and his most trusted servants reside here, with the Divine Powers having stolen the keys that allow anyone else in the pantheon to enter it.
- GUAL High Council: The masterminds of the GUAL.
- GUAL Ministry Of The Word: A group of the GUAL's most charismatic and intelligent members, acting as a combination of Ministry of Propaganda and Inquisition.
- GUAL Magistrate Judges: The faction in charge of managing YHVH's overzealous enforcement of his Lawful will and to balance the Lawful Evil of the GUAL members.
- GUAL Council Of Liberty: A sub-division of the Magistrate Judges with additional members who follow the lead of Seraph Lamington and Havelock Vetinari.
- GUAL Templar Order: The GUAL's elite strike force, sent to purge those the Ministry declares a threat.