Altered Appearances | Body Absence | Body Images | Body Parts | Characterized Appearances | Eye Abilities | Eye Appearances | Facial Attributes | Facial Hair | Hair Styles | Limbs and Joints | Mouths | Physical Appearance | Physical Attractiveness | Scars | Wings and Feathers | Personal Appearance: Other
open/close all folders
King Sombra, God of Magical Eye Streamers (King of the Crystal Empire, King of All Monsters, Emperor Sombra, King Somber, Sombrero (don't call him that)
- Intermediate God, Greater God in his Shadow form
- Symbol: A black crystal
- Theme Song: A Better Way to Be Bad (Unofficially, shared with Chrysalis, Tirek, and his Herald)
- Alignment: Neutral Evil, formerly Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Magic Pours Forth, Originally Lacked a Personality Due to Not Being Fully Formed, Standard Evil Colours, Can Become an Unstoppable Cloud of Shadow, Trapped Under Ice for Thousands of Years, Cursed the Crystal Empire to Disappear When He Was Defeated, Likes Black Licorice Fruitcake, Shadowy Dark Magic, Can Create Magic-Blocking Crystals That Spread, Has Multiple Backup Plans, Doesn't Screw Around, Still Makes Mistakes from Overconfidence, Feared by the Crystal Ponies, Not a Team Player, Not that He Needs to Be, Can Show You Inescapable Visons of Your Fear, Resembles a Shadowy Unicorn, But is So Much More, Almost Won Three Times, Crystallized and Shattered in His First Death, Disintegrated to Dust His Second
- Domains: Darkness, Shadows, Evil, Eyes, Magic, Pride
- Allies: None; his arrogance makes it hard to work with anyone.
- Employing: The Heartless
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, Melkor, the Grand United Alliance of Evil
- Rivals: Chernabog (for replacing him), Sauron (for calling him a ripoff), Nagash, Gul'dan, Shinnok, Maleficent, Arael (mostly one-sided on his part), Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow
- Equestrian Deities: Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Princess Celestia and Luna, the rest of the Mane Six, Discord, Nightmare Moon, Megan Williams
- Other Enemies: The Puella Magi, the Sisterhood, the House of Magic, Zatanna Zatara, Schierke, Gandalf, All good Keyblade wielders, the LOL Rangers, the EVA Pilots (especially Asuka Langley), the House of Family
- Opposes: The House of Happiness
- Opposed by: Anyone who doesn't believe his evil is justified
- Pitied by: Anyone who sympathizes with his past, like Sora
- Feared by: Victims of Mind Rape
- Thousands of years ago, King Sombra, a Unicorn with a heart black as night, was the tyrannical ruler of the Crystal Empire. Throughout his reign, he kept the Crystal Ponies in slavery and in utter fear of him, so much that before the restoration of the Crystal Heart, they couldn't even remember a time before his rule. Fortunately, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna came to their aid, and they defeated Sombra, turning him into Living Shadow, and trapping him under the ice of the Frozen North. Sombra, however, cursed the Empire to disappear with his defeat, and his reign, along with the Empire, were lost to time. When the Crystal Empire returned thousands of years later, so did he. With the Crystal Heart out of commission, and the shields surrounding the Empire weakened, he very nearly regained control. Luckily, the Mane Six and their allies fought against his return, and with the help of the Crystal Ponies, restored the Crystal Heart, and destroyed Sombra. That wouldn't be the last anyone saw of him, however, as a few years later, Grogar (or rather, Discord) resurrected him from the darkness to gather him, along with Chrysalis, Tirek, and his Herald, in a plot to take over Equestria by forming a Legion of Doom. Sombra, however, refused to cooperate and instead attempted to take over Equestria singlehandedly, and very nearly did, managing to not only to take over the Crystal Empire again, albeit temporarily, lay siege to Ponyville and Canterlot, but also destroy the Tree of Harmony and the Elements of Harmony with it, were it not for Twilight remembering that the Magic of Friendship was inside them and that the Elements were merely conduits. He was soundly defeated, and this time, for good.
- King Sombra ascended thanks to Melkor noting his usage of Magical Eye Streamers, gaining them whenever he performs magic and actually using them in his attacks instead of being merely for show. Alongside that, he also noted how he had the highest near-success rate of any of Equestria's villains, thanks to his powerful abilities and ruthless attitude. He was aware that there was a low chance of him actually working with him, as he had proven to have no loyalty to anyone but himself, but figured he would still be a pain for the good guys to deal with.
- As he predicted, Sombra wasn't the least bit grateful, merely giving a snide remark that it took him long enough to return after being ousted by that "overgrown mountain bat".
- After meeting with Melkor, the first thing Sombra did was immediately seek out Twilight Sparkle to get revenge. And he found her... with the rest of her friends. He cursed himself for being hasty before getting vaporized. After reforming in the House of Life and Vitality, he decided to swallow his pride and sought out Chrysalis and Tirek to form an alliance. He may hate working together, but he's smart enough to realize that he won't be able to defeat Twilight by himself (at least, permanently) without help. They wasted no time in laughing at him at how right Grogar was about how far he'd be able to get before failing, and he mocked them about how not only was their so-called teamwork shaky and disfunctional, but how it ultimately didn't even matter in the end, as it not only made Equestria as a whole more united than ever, but it resulted in the good guys deciding they're not worth it and doling out a fitting punishment. They conceded that Sombra had a point, and they joined together. That said, he is keeping his guard up around Tirek, as he had heard about how he wanted to absorb his magic before he was excised. Pantheon beware, the Legion of Doom has returned.
- He and Sauron dislike each other immensely, as back when he was out of the Pantheon, Sauron dismissed him as a ripoff of himself. When Sombra heard of this, he then challenged him to a fight, which he lost handily, though Sombra claims he wasn't fighting seriously. Gandalf also noted the similarities and his (sort of) alliance with Melkor and declared him an enemy.
- Quite full of himself and has the power to back up his boasts. He regularly gets into arguments with Nagash over which of them treats their slaves worse and who's more of a dick, while Gul'dan and Shinnok challenge him on his claims of power. Maleficent also rivals him, due to their similar motifs and defeats.
- He quickly made an enemy of the Puella Magi, because his Shadow form reminds them of the Witches they had to face in their world. Sombra merely laughed at them, saying they wished they were from his world, as compared to theirs, there was a significantly lower chance of death for anyone not him, and their "childish outfits and silly powers" would fit right in. That earned him the enmity of the Sisterhood. He is also an enemy with the House of Magic, due to his crystals and powers being able to completely block their magic.
- Aside from what was told by Celestia, very little is known about Sombra's past, and many deities have wondered how he became the way he is now. Sombra refused to give any details, saying they were unworthy of hearing the tale of his rise to villainy, but a quick search through the House of Knowledge answered their questions. Back when he was a colt, he was originally found outside the Crystal Empire repeating the word "Sombra" over and over. The ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Amore, took him into the kingdom and brought him to an orphanage. Unfortunately, during his time at the orphanage, nopony treated him with any kindness, with the sole exception of Radiant Hope, who was similarly ostracized, and he grew up miserable and unhappy. One day, he and Radiant Hope visited the Crystal Heart and saw visions of their futures. Sombra's vision showed him ruling the Crystal Empire as a figure of darkness. Amore then appeared before them. Sensing Sombra's fears, she told him he had the power to change his vision. Hoping to forget the horrible vision, Sombra eagerly looked forward to going to a Crystal Faire, which Hope described as "the most magical celebration in all of Equestria". However, on the day of the Faire, Sombra was bedridden with excruciating pain. The same thing happened each year, with one particular year nearly crumbling his body were it not for Hope's healing magic, earning her cutie mark in the process. Soon after, Hope received a letter from the Royal Sisters. Seeing this as a sign that his fate was sealed, Sombra ran off into the frozen wastes, where he discovered a red crystal that called itself his mother. There, Sombra discovered his true nature: he was not a Unicorn like Celestia described, but an Umbrum, a creature of living shadow, created in the form of a Pony to infiltrate the Crystal Empire and free the Umbrum Army trapped under the Crystal Empire. His nature revealed, Sombra awakened his dormant powers and embraced his dark destiny. After stealing the Crystal Heart, Amore appeared and revealed she knew about him being an Umbrum all along. Enraged that Amore knowing he was suffering, yet did absolutely nothing to stop it, Sombra struck down Amore, turning her into a crystal statue and shattering her (she survived as broken pieces) and enslaved the Crystal Empire, declaring himself the new king. Unbeknownst to Sombra, Radiant Hope saw all of this. Not knowing what else to do, she called on the Royal Sisters to stop Sombra and save her home, beginning the events that led to his banishment. When questioned if this was true, Sombra merely replied that it didn't matter.
Sombra: I have long since moved past any background I may have had. Whether you believe I am a Unicorn with a heart black as night, or an Umbrum created for destruction, my goal remains the same: to conquer all I see and crush Twilight Sparkle and her friends! But I must admit, I feel that is closest to the truth.
- Sora is his enemy due to him being a being of darkness much like the Heartless, but he also feels sorry for him due to how he was consumed by his own darkness, and how he believed he had no choice in his descent to villainy. After hearing this, Sombra actually stopped boasting before getting enraged and attacking him at full force, shooting blast after blast at Sora before his allies showed up, forcing him to retreat. He has since sworn revenge against him and his friends and employs Heartless enhanced with his magic to attack them every time they cross paths.
- Of course, for all those that sympathize with him, there are just as many deities, if not more, that believe that, while he did suffer, and he was quite literally made to be evil, it doesn't justify his actions and villainy. Many also pointed out that his destiny seen in the Crystal Heart was never fated to happen either, as Radiant Hope saw herself becoming the next Princess of the Crystal Empire, but defied her destiny, as after the tragedy that befell the Crystal Empire, she could not put her heart into it, and chose her own path, while in contrast, Sombra resigned himself to his destiny, never once attempting to fight it, although they do admit that by that point, Sombra believed that was all he'd ever be. Sombra merely snarls at them, retorting that if fate could really be changed, then only creatures that have the capability for good could change it, not an evil creature of darkness.
- Many deities also wondered whether it would be possible to sway Sombra from his path of darkness. Sombra laughed, saying that he was evil to the end, as destiny designed. Undeterred, a check into the House of Time and Temporality revealed not just one, but two alternate universes where Sombra was good. In the first, his friend Radiant Hope brought him back from destruction, and he succeeded in freeing the Umbrum, but with the help of the Mane Six, managed to fully reform him, betraying the Umbrum, and given a second chance at life by being reborn as an actual Unicorn. In the second, Sombra is the ruler of the Crystal Empire, but actually is a Unicorn, and a kind and just ruler. Sombra usually regards those versions of him with scorn.
Sombra: The first me defied his destiny of evil for friendship, and the second me isn't even the same person!
- While Sombra is extremely confident, there are a few things that can cause his confidence to crack. One is when things suddenly go awry, like in his final defeat, where he had managed to destroy the Elements of Harmony, believing the Mane Six to be powerless without them, only to be blindsided by them accessing their power without the Elements, losing his cool and desperately attacking in an ultimately futile attempt. Another way is by calling him "Sombrero". This one genuinely pisses him off, as it was an insulting nickname the Crystal Ponies gave him during his childhood. Naturally, the LOL Rangers wasted no time in taking notes, calling him that at every opportunity they get, while also wearing sombreros to rub it in. The Trollkaiger also trolled him similarly, but he tolerates them due to them being evil.
- Along with his arsenal of Dark Magic and Anti-Magic crystals, he can also force you to see your greatest fears. What makes this so noteworthy is that it's completely inescapable without outside assistance, as Twilight found out when she and Spike first went to retrieve the Crystal Heart. Naturally, all deities that have experienced Mind Rape hate and fear him, especially the EVA Pilots, with Asuka taking the most umbrage towards him due to her experiences from Arael. Speaking of the Angel, Sombra considers him a rival in which of them can mess with people's heads worse. Arael usually ignores him.
- He also developed a rivalry with the Scarecrow, who similarly can trap people in visions of their fear with his Fear Toxin. Sombra argues his fear vision is far more effective, considering he can cast it from far away and simply imbue the effects onto something, while Scarecrow has to generally be close to his target. He's also immune to the effects of his own magic, while Dr. Crane needs a mask, though he has (occasionally) built up a tolerance to it and simply wears the mask as a complementary augmentation to the visions. Sometimes they can be seen going at it, trying to traumatize every deity they come across. The House of Commerce is currently keeping score and bets are being made on who will win.
- Along with all his fearsome powers, another thing he is renowned for is his absolute grasp on backup plans. In his first defeat, he made sure that it was a Pyrrhic Victory, and caused the Crystal Empire to disappear. His second defeat was essentially a solidified victory as he had hidden the Crystal Heart in so many layers of security that were it not for Twilight, Spike, Shining Armor and Cadance, it would've never been found. And his final defeat saw the Tree of Harmony and the Elements of Harmony destroyed, even if the Tree regrew even stronger as the Treehouse of Harmony. And unlike the other villains of Equestria that preferred grandiose and complex plans, he prefers his plans to be simple and efficient. This was best demonstrated in an Alternate Timeline where after his return, when he waged war against Equestria, his plan was basically to overwhelm his enemies with sheer numbers, while also stepping in to cause further difficulties, or during his second return, when Discord inadvertently revealed he cared for Fluttershy the most, he immediately aimed for her, knowing he would take the hit. In fact, one could say that Sombra's only weakness is his overconfidence, such as when he took over Canterlot and was met with little resistance, and assumed it was because Celestia and Luna feared him, and believing that he could easily defeat Discord, and once thinking he had dealt with him, stopped attacking the Mane Six, believing them to be no threat. Some villains have tried to help him get past his ego so he can be the fully effective villain they know he is, but as typical of Sombra, he dismissed them.
- While many gods thought that all of Equestria's villains would have a shaky, yet understanding alliance, they were surprised that Nightmare Moon declared Sombra an enemy. When questioned why, she responded that it was in her best interests to oppose him.
Nightmare Moon: I only wish to oust my 'oh-so beloved' sister who banished me, and take my rightful place as ruler, so that everyone that hates the night shall revere me. While this self-proclaimed king wants to not only rule Equestria but also keep everypony in a state of perpetual fear and misery, while he takes and destroys anything he pleases! He's a threat to all ponykind!
- Unsurprisingly, as an enemy of Equestria, he is also an enemy of Megan Williams, from their world's first iteration. Sombra didn't really take her seriously, claiming that he was far above any threat that "mere little girl" ever faced from her world. Just to prove his point, he separated her from the other gods and attempted to use his fear vision to brainwash her. It would've worked, except he wasn't counting on her actually having a way of defending herself. A few strong blasts from the Rainbow of Light dispelled his magic, and one arrival of the Mane Six and rainbow friendship laser later, he reappeared in the House of Life and Vitality, cursing that he had been beaten by some "worthless human brat".
- Usually when he's gathering forces, he mind controls anyone he thinks would be a good slave, either through his fear vision or through brainwashing helmets that he can create out of nowhere. That includes young children and even babies, so he was immediately put on the shit list of the House of Family, as well as Childhood and Adolescence.
- When he's not out with the Legion of Doom plotting revenge against Twilight, or on his own causing general terror, he can sometimes be found in the villain section House of Food, eating... black licorice fruitcake. Many food connoisseurs agree with Pinky Pie's sentiments on it being "the worst cake ever seen". Sombra is the only one who seems to enjoy it (except Terumi, but then again, it's Terumi).
- Sombra, having ruled the Crystal Empire for thousands of years alone, staunchly refuses the idea of a Villain Team-Up, believing he doesn't have to work with anyone, and if he does, it's only if they are subservient to him. If he figures someone is trying to control him, he'll tell them exactly where to stick it, because, in his words, "I don't do 'ours', only MINE!" Many villains that have come to him for potential alliances have either only been temporary or rejected at best, or mind controlled, got a firsthand experience with his fear vision, or blasted at worst. His belief in his own superiority has made the possibility of any permanent allies essentially nonexistent.
- "You should all surrender! Nothing can conquer your own fears!"
The Yellow Devil, Deity of Eye-Related Weaknesses (Rock Monster, Yellow Demon)
- Intermediate Deity
- Symbol: Its eye in the middle of a yellow ball
- Theme Song: Wily Stage Boss (The Wily Wars, Powered Up) It's Power Fighters theme
- Alignment: Neutral Evil
- Portfolio: Cyclops Blob Monster, Very Different Design From Most Mega Man Bosses, Can Only Be Harmed By Attacking Its Eye, Red Eyes, Take Warning, Detachment Combat, Apparently Only Says Bumo, Legendarily Hard Bosses
- Domains: Bosses, Body-Shifters, Technology, Guardians, Difficulty, Weaknesses, Cyclopi
- Superior: Dr Albert W. Wily
- Interests: Bob the Fish
- Interested in: Thaal Sinestro, Fuhrer King Brandy
- Allies: Robot Masters loyal to Dr Wily, the Blob, BEN
- On good terms with: Baal (Diablo), The Cacodemons, Ridley
- Enemies: Mega Man and his friends, Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog), Sonic and his friends, anyone who Wily orders it to fight really, Hall of Cheats and Glitches (especially Missingno and Vinny), Ms Fortune, the New Kid (South Park), Numemon and Sukamon, Odysseus, George, Link, Regigigas and the other Regis, The Doom Slayer
- Avoids: The Green Lanterns of Earth, Max Eisenhardt/Magneto
- To guard his labs when Mega Man inevitably breaks in to confront him, Dr Wily uses a number of robots. Perhaps the most unique robot, if you can even call it that, is the Yellow Devil. A Blob Monster who assaults its foes by shifting its mass, the behemoth is notorious for being a tough boss and has many variations. However the Yellow Devil has a consistent Achilles' Heel: its eye. This is especially apparent with electric or fire attacks, which it is weak to. The success of the design has seen variants of the Yellow Devil made well into the future, but the Yellow Devil was the OG.
- The mighty Yellow Devil was nostalgic to many deities in the Trope Pantheon, and this is because it used to be part of the group. Wily retired it at the time because he was trying to give it a One-Winged Angel form as the Chaos Devil, rather than combine Chaos in a Fusion Dance, but he gave up and just brought the Yellow Devil back with some programming patches. These included stopping the Yellow Devil from freezing if electric, fire or time-stop was used, and preventing it from being reprogrammed to good. Apparently George has a Yellow Devilnote who was reprogrammed to become a good guy. Nate as he's known is also able to take a humanoid shape, and can bond with robots. Wily has sworn one day to replicate this in the next model.
- With the nostalgia of the Yellow Devil came another emotion in the House of Gaming: fear, and for good reason-it's one of the hardest bosses in its franchise. And yet legend has it the Shadow Devil is even harder. Being the OG Devil, Wily felt it was more fitting to bring it back and as mentioned he has given the beast anti-glitch propaganda to prevent Good Bad Bugs from being exploited. In joy at this buff, the Yellow Devil went on a rampage in the Hall of Cheats and Glitches to avenge itself for all the times players exploited glitches to defeat it. However the monster soon found it had bit off more than it could chew as its single eye was not prepared for the visual glitches Missingno could inflict. Though not harmed, it was dazed long enough for Vinny to exploit deeper glitches and hacks to overcome the new programming, leaving to the Yellow Devil's defeat.
- The Yellow Devil may be unconventional in the looks part, but it has a few things in common with the Classical Cyclops; its big, mean, not a big thinker and a mighty giant. Odysseus was immediately on the alert when he heard the Yellow Devil had returned, as it reminds him of Polyphemus; a son of Poseidon who ate many of his men and tried to eat him. The Yellow Devil is at least aware of how Odysseus defeated the cyclops, which is why it will try to crush the Greek hero with its foot. Initially it wanted to squeeze him to death with its fist, but its weakness to the Hard Knuckle led to jokes that it could be beaten with a fisting and that enrages the monster.
- The Yellow Devil could be compared to the Golem: through the eye in the middle, it animates an unknown but hard-hitting and semi-liquid substance. When asked if this was intentional, Wily replied "it's not meant to represent anything in particular, but I guess golem is the closest thing to it". This got Wily's gears turning and made him think "what if I actually HAD a golem on my side?" On that note, the Yellow Devil was sent to capture Regigigas and force the beast to reveal the secrets of the Regi construction...or failing that, scan enough about the legendary golems so he can make an Ice, Rock and Steel Devil. Initially the Yellow Devil had the upper hand, but Regigigas endured enough to turn the tables on the Yellow Devil once Slow Start wore off.
- Has been seen interrupting fights outside of Wily's lab. The sheer amount of annoyance it's been bringing to these matches has made it one of the most hated deities among the Smashers. One Smasher that has caught its attention is Link, whose experience with dealing with similar bosses has made him one of the best solutions to deal with it. A Link look-alike, the infamous Creepypasta BEN, was intrigued by the trouble the Yellow Devil caused. He saw the dread that comes with facing a notorious boss like the Yellow Devil, and believes with his own fearful legacy they could profit working as a team. No-one knows why, and that's better. Wily tried to get an answer from his Devil on why they were hanging out, but only got BUMO BUMO!.
- The beast isn't trusted by Ms. Fortune. Asides from a general servitude to the forces of evil, its own ability to detach and weaponize pieces of itself makes it a rival of sorts to her own Detachment Combat. After harassing her in the Hall of Unorthodox Combat the Yellow Devil listed two other deities as higher on its enemy list than her: the New Kid, and the Numemon line. The reason? It feels humiliated when fighting those who use farts or poop as a weapon. It would rather take its chances in the Hall of Electricity than suffer any indignant defeat. Or Magneto for that matter; while in the games the "yellow" part's composition is unknown, the best evidence suggests its a ferromagnetic gel and thus suspectible to Magnetism Manipulation. Which again, is less humiliating in defeat that even fighting weaponized Toilet Humor for the Devil.
- Being a legendarily difficult boss, Baal is amused by the frustration the Yellow Devil gives to its enemies, though feels the Yellow Devil is too simple to ally with. Other Demons tend to be ambivalent to the Yellow Devil, and a tiny bit dissapointed that it has nothing to do with actual devils. The Cacodemons seem to gravitate towards it though, likely due to their simple nature combined with the eye being a major focus. The Doomslayer initially mistook the Yellow Devil for some new demon, and as the Yellow Devil is a big monster causing trouble he's not going to not fight it now.
- Some have argued that whatever the Yellow Devil is counts as a Blob Monster. The Blob seems to think so, but how the Yellow Devil discerned this is a mystery as even when only speaking "BUMO" it only says "W" or "Guruguru". Dr Wily theorizes this is more an alliance of convenience and an interest the two have in each other for their apparent similarities. The Yellow Devil is also interested in Fuhrer King Bradley, as his eye is his ace in the hole rather than its eye. The Yellow Devil itself interests Bob the Fish; being such a pathetic boss, he can't help but wonder if he could request Wily to loan the Yellow Devil out for him as protector. Wily has turned this invitation down, musing "I think the Yellow Devil's acting a bit too curious nowadays".
- Ridley is also amused by the beast, as the Devil series being re-used and remixed across the years and centuries reminds him to how he comes back over and over in different forms. As the Yellow Devil isn't much of a thinker, the dragon decided to suggest something that may be worth its while: Green Lanterns are historically weak to yellow. Key word being "historically"-Ridley was bored and wanted to see how the Devil would deal with them. After Kyle shoved a Green Lantern stake in his eye, the Yellow Devil ran away. It tends to keep away from them, but it was interested in the Sinestro Corps and thought it may be feared enough to get a ring. Sinestro would laugh if that was a thing he did, as he doesn't count "gamers' frustrations and dread" as even close to being worthy of the fear a member of his Corps needs.
Puss in Boots
"Fear me, if you dare!"
- Lesser God
- Symbol: His hat and boots
- Theme Song: These Boots Are Made For Walkin', Puss Suite and Fearless Hero.
- Anytime he uses his stare, this can be heard.
- Alignment: Neutral Good, used to be True Neutral
- Portfolio: Breakout Character, Cute Kitten, Known for Cute Cat-Eyes Trick, Zorro-Parody portrayed by one of the actors who played him, Badass Adorable, Sharp Claws for Glass Cutting, Dashing Hispanic, Known for His Boots, Uses a Rapier, Was In Debted to Shrek for Sparing Him
- Domains: Cat, Spanish, Eyes, Cuteness, Swordsmanship
- Heralds: Team Friendship: Kitty Softpaws (his ex-fiance) and Perrito (his therapy dog)
- Rivals: The Cutie Mark Crusaders, Kim Possible (for the Puppy-Dog Eyes aspect)
- Opposes: Merlin
- Respects/Fears: Any and all Death Gods, The Wolf
- Puss in Boots was just a wanted cat in his hometown San Ricardo for getting involved in a heist with his former friend, Humpty Dumpty. He eventually left his hometown and was hired by King Harold to take care of Shrek, only to join him in his journey and has since been a reliable companion for the ogre and Donkey.
- Puss in Boots is known for his strategy of opening his irises and acting innocent and cute to devastating effects◊. He used it to convince Shrek and Donkey to let him join in their journey and managed to stop the guards to lower their guard for a preemptive attack. The irony of the trope is the fact that he's a cat.
- His beguiling gaze isn't just his asset, he is also a fierce swordfighter, despite his small size, as he faced off several guards on his own. In addition, his small size makes him hard to target and uses his feline agility to his advantage.
- He got along with Zorro because of their similar way of fighting, marking their presence, and even having the same voice and mannerisms.
- Similarly, he managed to befriend El Mariachi because of their similar voice. At first, when El Mariachi opened his violin case, Puss thought that he was getting his violin but instead, there were guns. That's because Puss once hit Kitty Softpaws with a guitar and she never stop bringing it up.
- He and Morgana get along well because they were cats, their agility and had some association with Zorro.
- He once denounced the Evil Matador, Vega, for giving Spaniards a bad name.
- He had a showdown with others who tried to outdo him in his tricks. Naturally, he won every-time but he admits that they were close and he was a good sport about it. He even compared the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the Three Diablos, due to their young age.
- He sometimes empathizes with Garfield for their hatred of Mondays. In an alternate timeline, he retired from swordsmanship and let himself go much like the cat himself.
- He doesn't like Merlin for the one time that when he teleported him, Shrek, Donkey, and Arthur back to Far Far Away, he and Donkey switched bodies while holding hands. Being on Donkey's body feel disgusting to him and he couldn't do his eye tricks. Merlin eventually reverse the magic and Puss and Donkey returned back to their bodies... but not their tails. Since then, he wants no favor from the wizard.
- He was respected by Angelo who noted that he is a seductive sounding, flirting swordsman who are also orphans.
- Puss once made a parody of the Old Spice commercial as a guideline for cats to be as cool as him.
- In his spare time, he is often flirting with the felines in the Pantheon. Whether those are actual cats or catgirls, it's all the same to him. After all, he did tried to flirt with Fiona once when he first met her.
- Puss was an orphan who lived in an orphanage ran by a woman named Imelda in his hometown, San Ricardo. He loved the place and the woman as she gave him the boots he wears every day. He respects Jem for her kindness in providing for the orphanage she run with her musical career as their source of income.
- Is known to "laugh at the face of Death", along with frivolously wasting his previous eight lives, and did this so many times to the numerous Deaths in the House of Death and Postmortem that the gods there got annoyed and decided to teach him a lesson. So they hired a manifestion of death in the form of a wolf bounty hunter so that he understood the meaning of having a life. This act humbled Puss and he has learned to show more respect and value his life.
- Was at the House of Food drinking some milk when he heard a familiar whistle. Seconds later, he found The Wolf seated next to him with a grin on his face, explaining that he's now in the Pantheon, and he can't wait for the two to have a go at it.
- "Pray for mercy from...Puss in Boots!"
Leonardo "Leo" Watch, Divine Wielder of True Sight (Tortoise Knight)
- Rank: Demigod (his vision is that of a Greater God)
- Symbol: His All-Seeing Eyes of the Gods
- Theme Song: Tortoise Knight, though Hello, World! also works. Alternately, most well-known for Haikyuu!!
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Determinator, The Everyman, True Sight, I Know Your True Name, Cowardly Lion, Camera Fiend, Big Brother Instinct, Eyes Always Shut, Non-Action Guy, Living MacGuffin, Distressed Dude
- Domains: Divine Sight, Photography, Siblings
- Herald: Sonic (his pet Mach Monkey)
- Allies: Peter Parker/Spider Man, Dipper and Mabel Pines, Agents Scully and Mulder, Shawn Spencer, Scott Pilgrim, Kamina and Simon, Madoka Kaname, Star Butterfly, all good older siblings, really most good-aligned heroes, The SCP Foundation, The Men In Black
- Enemies: Bill Cipher, Dimentio, The Anti-Spiral, Mard Geer, really just evil individuals in general
- Feared By: Villains who are vulnerable via their True Name
- Odd Friendship: Uatu The Watcher, Shinji Ikari, Lanaya
- Opposes: The Global Occult Coalition
- Wary of: Hermaeus Mora
- The relative quiet of the Pantheon was interrupted with the sounds of several far-off explosions and out into the Main House arrived a slightly singed but unharmed young man. Initially unremarkable, he became the focal point of everyone's attention when he opened his eyes, revealing electric blue orbs and in his surprise, pointing out several secret or hidden items. After everyone calming down, he would introduce himself as Leonardo Watch and it would be revealed his eyes are actually the All-Seeing Eyes of the Gods, capable of being able to see the true nature of things. Given how his series is defined by him observing the otherwordly phenomenon of his world and the strength of his eyes, Leonardo Watch became the Divine Wielder of True Sight on the Pantheon.
- He has a complicated view of his eyes. He got them during a visit to the city with his family as part of a desperate hope that a miracle would cure his crippled sister. Time stopped and a powerful entity offered these Eyes of the Gods to either of them, with the stipulation the other would be blind. Micheala, his wheelchair-bound sister, offered her eyes. Thus, she was blinded and Leo was left with his godly eyes, an incredible amount of guilt, and a determination to try and find someone to heal his sister.
- After getting over the shock of the Pantheon, he ended up growing used to it surprisingly quickly. However, what intrigued everyone was on the how and why. Three years prior to the start of his story, New York City became fused with that of the so-called Alterworld, resulting in the merging of human and alien lifeforms. Combine this with the pre-existing presence of werewolf and vampire-like entities drawn like moths to a bonfire to the massive chaos and the result was Hellsalem's Lot, a massive city of weird phenomenon and chaos. Despite it all, the people have grown accustomed to it all in the three years, showing a surprising resilience.
- His Temple is pretty modest, resembling his apartment room though he is grateful that he does not have to worry about damages since they're easily fixable.
- His miraculous eyes being able to see anything quickly made him the target for alot of malevolent or amoral parties, especially given how normal he is otherwise. However, he would quickly come to befriend Spider-Man, who helped save him. Given how Spidey is also a misfortunate young man given great powers that come with great responsibility and haunted by regrets alongside with viewing New York as home, they bonded quickly. Peter's also one of the few Leo openly trusts to examine his eyes.
- He would come to befriend others whose life was one of normalcy before being plunged into insane weirdness marked with an absurd sense of humor, such as the Pines Twins, who are able to empathize with him over living in a wonderful town of weird. Mabel thinks his eyes are amazing while Dipper also thinks his gift to see is nifty. They also respect the heck out of him for his devotion to his younger sister as well as both wondering what could've happened had the entity offered something like that to them, especially with the ramification of being blind. Leo also admires for them for saving their world during Weirdmaggeddon.
- Unsurprisingly, this led to Leo becoming enemies with Bill Cipher. Bill is genuinely surprised by Leo's eyes and being able to see things even Bill did not expect though finds him pretty boring beyond the interest in the eyes. Leo meanwhile compared to Femt from his series, seeing them both as a psychotic maniac who causes chaos for shits and giggles and who looks down on anyone who they call boring. Leo's experiences means Bill cannot trick or fool him at all and compares Bill's Weirdmaggeddon to what the King of Despair attempted to do.
- Having gotten close to the Grand United Alliance of Good, he was able to befriend more good people. Investigators with interests in the supernatural like Agents Mulder and Scully have been helping him and relying on his eyes. Shawn Spencer, in particular, is impressed by Leo and has been helping him in better using his eyes to analyze things. They also tend to have lunch together a lot.
- Looking to find something to replace his X-Station, he would go into the House of Gaming and he would end up befriending Scott Pilgrim of all people. Both of them are seemingly unimpressive people with remarkable capabilities, a shared interest in gaming, living in modest conditions, confronting feelings of cowardice and of course, living in pretty messed up worlds. Scott helps serve to protect Leo while asking questions about his eyes.
- Leonardo earned the respect of Kamina and Simon when they saw him save the world in the final episode of the first season of his show. Leonardo quoted his boss, Klaus, regarding on unbreakability of the human spirit as long as you try and move toward the light. The fact he screamed this out in the open in a display of hot-bloodedness moved them and became fast friends. Leo is meanwhile in awe of Simon and Kamina and hopes they could somehow help heal his sister. Kamina welcomes the challenge in defying fate, which extended to divine contracts and considers bringing Shiron into this.
- Through Simon, Leo has also befriended Shinji. Leo sees much of himself in Shinji in terms of lack of confidence and having repressed rage, though he also has plenty of concern over just what the kid went through. Shinji meanwhile is awed by how Leo can keep moving forward even if frozen in place. This combined with how relatable he found Leo began giving Shinji more courage.
- Additionally, he also met Madoka through Simon and both bonded over being Hope bringers while he came to see her as another little sister of sorts and promised to look out for her, including being able to see her true nature and her currently locked power.
- Given how valuable his eyes would be in law enforcement and investigation, it would be little surprise that various law agencies approached Leo to have him ally with them and to serve as correspondent to Libra should they ever ascend. Leo is pretty wary around the Men in Black and especially the SCP, but he still helps them out. He prefers the SCP over the Global Occult Coalition, who he finds would be the same sort of untrustworthy people who would attack Hellsalem's Lot without consideration for the non-humans there.
- This has led to Leo to getting a confrontation with a certain individual, Dr. Alto Clef. After Clef nearly broke Leo's camera (it was saved at the last minute by Sonic's quickness), he tried to antagonize the kid a little regarding his eyes. However, both were surprised as Leo's eyes were in fact, capable of looking past Clef's head trick and actually get a glimpse of him. However, the intensity began hurting Leo's eyes. Clef meanwhile was stymied someone was able to actually see his true form and has been wary of the kid whenever he aids the SCP.
- Besides Bill Cipher, Leo has butted heads (often literally, given how it's a reoccurring tactic of his) with various villains. This has included Dimentio (who he sees as a worse version of someone like Bill Cipher or Femto), the Anti-Spiral (they remind him of the King of Despair regarding their nihilism and usage of loved ones as hostages while the Anti-Spiral doesn't like him for his spirit and how their "multi-dimensional labyrinth" is rendered useless thanks to his eyes) and Mard Geer (who cannot believe a normal human got a godlike gift and that his eyes allow Leo to see his weakness and even more or less counter Memento Mori since Leo's eyes and how he was bestowed them in an act of divine intervention grants him protection of sorts.)
- Hermaeus Mora has expressed interest in Leo'e eyes, but Leo is just reminded of the crazy doctor who kidnapped him and threatened his sister for his eyes. As such, he stays as far as he can from him, using his eyes to do so. Mora just finds it interesting and has tried to tempt Leo with knowledge that could help his sister. Leo has not listened, but Mora thinks it's fated that the young man will come to him.
- With the revelation that his eyes were bestowed on him because the God in question, Liga El Metahiut, chose him to see and record the events of humanity's interaction with the extradimensional. It turns out Leo is the latest in a long line of people offered the Eyes of the Gods to examine world-changing events, such as the rise and fall of Hitler or humanity arriving on the moon. to Metahiut, humanity's interaction with the extradimensional was the pinnacle of Earth history and Leo was the one chosen. As such, Uatu the Watcher feels a kinship regarding their shared roles and talks to him on occasion. Uatu does wish he could affect things, even in small things, the way Leo does.
- Despite being friends with pretty powerful people, it's still pretty stressful on how Leo has been the target of attacks. As such, he ended up hiring a bodyguard of sorts... Lanaya of all people. Her unbridled thirst for mysteries and truths meant she was giddy at the thought of Leo's All-Seeing Eyes of the Gods since it would make her quest for uncovering mysteries and secrets all the easier. As such, he was willing to accompany her on her searches while she acts as a bodyguard to him. They ended up striking up an Odd Friendship.
- Beyond his job as being an agent of Libra, his other job is that of a photographer so he often spends time taking pictures of the various people of the Pantheon. As such, he spends a lot of time in the House of Craft working on his photos and interacting with his fellow artists. Some of the folk there do admire his eyes, especially given how the eyes are literally divine craftsmanship.
- He also likes to visit the House of Food and explore the sights. Many at the House became fascinated at the sorts of otherworldly cuisine that Leonardo has witnessed... and some just lost their lunch when Leo described some of the restaurants.
- On occasion, he also prays to a so-called "God of Chow," which he claimed is what determines the food people will eat and he will punish people who play with their food (which includes using restaurants as hazing) with "Divine Famishment", where you are cursed to be unable to find proper meals.
- The end credits of his show's first season is very popular to say the least. So much that inspired a lot of members of the Pantheon decided to give it a try.
- Came to the defense of Star Butterfly after her plan to destroy magic led to all the dimensions of her show fusing and received plenty of flack and insults because of it. He pointed to how it was not all that different from Hellsalem's Lot and that humans, monsters and so on can and will work together to prosper and endure. Star was pretty grateful for this show of support.
- Currently trying to ascend other agents of Libra onto the Pantheon.
Kaa, Deity of Hypnotic Eyes
- Symbol: Their eyes
- Theme Music: Trust in Me (2016 version)
- Alignment: Neutral Evil (Disney versions); Lawful Neutral (Book version)
- Portfolio: Very Different Personality in Disney Works Compared to the Original Books (And being an Antagonist in that case)
- Domains: Snakes, Hypnosis, Personality
- Additional Relations: Mowgli (sometimes a friend, sometimes a potential dinner), Baloo & Bagheera
- Rival(?): Serperior
- Enemies: Apophis, Seviper, Lesale Deathbringer
- Opposes: Oberyn Martell
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Hypnotoad
- Feared by: King Louie
- Complicated Relationship: Walt Disney
- Kaa is a python and one of many animals that Mowgli encountered during his journey. One of Kaa's primary abilities is hypnosis, which is accomplished through body movement or through their eyes, the latter of which tends to be used more often. For some reason, not only is the change between Kaa's personality drastic depending on the circumstances, there's a chance that the gender will be altered as well.
- One day, in the House of Nature, Mary Lennox found a snake in her garden. Before she could report it, she was enthralled by Kaa's hypnotic gaze. Before it could make a meal out of her, some of the Bloom and Doom Seed Co. plants Crazy Dave provided her sensed its intent and pelted it with peas and whatnot, snapping Mary out of his spell. And if things couldn't get any worse for Kaa, Fluttershy arrived for a visit just in time to see the whole thing, and immediately confronted the python. Kaa tried to hypnotize her as well, but her own hypnotic eyes overpowered Kaa's and it was cowed into scampering as fast as possible, making for a rough first day in the Pantheon for Kaa.
- What happened some time afterwards ended up being extremely awkward for Kaa to say the least. Just as the snake was about to approach Mowgli, the kid called the snake out on trying to eat him in the past. Kaa ended up confused and had to be taken to the House of Time and Space to see what was up. Kaa was shown various different iterations of itself, specifically a normal self and a "Disneyfied" version (the latter being the one that tried to go after Lennox). Not only did Kaa get more perplexed at such a thing, both versions ended up being a part of Kaa in the Pantheon, meaning that under certain circumstances, one personality will be more prevalent than the other. This isn't even getting into the sudden gender change that happens irregularly, particularly with "Disneyfied" Kaa.
- Baloo and Bagheera later learned of Kaa's abrupt personality shifts from Mowgli. What the "Disneyfied" Baloo and Bagheera found odd about this hearing about how normal Kaa was friends with their normal counterparts, alongside certain sources claiming that a younger "Disneyfied" Kaa was friends with the "Disneyfied" Baloo and Bagheera before becoming a problem to them in the animals' adult years, even if the three have a very hard time recalling such a period happening.
- Part of the reason why Kaa's "Disneyfied" personality is antagonistic compared to its regular version is that Walt Disney not only wanting his version of The Jungle Book to be very different from the source, but apparently thought that people wouldn't accept a heroic snake. Kaa's original personality was rather offended to hear about it, but decided that it was better not to repeatedly pester Walt about it.
- Regardless of what Kaa's personality is at the moment, Apophis is one deity that Kaa has significant problems with. Kaa's normal personality sees it as a major threat overall and the "Disneyfied" versions (the male version especially) is nearly terrified at what Apophis is capable of. Apophis being capable of hypnosis even stronger than Kaa only made Kaa hate him even further.
- Venom is something that Kaa does not like, especially if it's being used by other snakes. Seviper is someone that Kaa has no respect for in any way whatsoever even if the Pokemon isn't that malicious and Kaa's hatred is far more pronounced towards Lesales Deathbringer's dangerous character. Even if Kaa is aware that Oberyn isn't a bad person, his use of poisons and the title of "The Red Viper" didn't go over well with Kaa.
- For the most part, the "Disneyfied" Kaa mainly uses hypnosis to incapacitate victims and turn them into a meal. Other deities specializing in this ability such as Jervis Tetch feel like the snake is squandering potential, but Kaa hasn't paid them much mind. The normal Kaa doesn't like these malicious hypnotizers though.
- There is some mild tension present between both Kaas and Serperior. It's clear that Serperior is at least trying to tolerate Kaa, but Kaa's sudden shifts in personality have annoyed the Pokemon quite a bit, especially since the "Disneyfied" Kaa is very much nothing like the normal Kaa that Serperior doesn't mind.
- While the "Disneyfied" Kaa and the normal Kaa tend to be the versions of Kaa that the Pantheon tends to see, a select few are aware of another version of Kaa that participated in a rebellion and ending up doing hard labor in the end. Kaa doesn't seem very interested in bringing up that particular version of itself when asked.
- At one point, Kaa got bored and tried to eat the Hypnotoad. As soon as Kaa was close enough to it, the Hypnotoad tried to hypnotize it and Kaa retaliated by trying to induce hypnosis on it. The hypnosis stare-off lasted for some time and ended with Kaa retreating with some eye-strain. The Hypnotoad doesn't care at all for what Kaa is doing and isn't interested in eating it, but Kaa has made more than a handful of additional attempts to turn the Hypnotoad into a meal, all ending in failure.
- Despite the cowardice and generally not being as potent as the normal version, the male "Disneyfied" Kaa is still someone that shouldn't be taken that lightly and the female version is more dangerous. (Marvel deities in particular hate discovering the voice of Black Widow coming from a threatening snake...). The male version is enough of a threat that Bagheera was neutralized while trying to stop Kaa from eating Mowgli. King Louie as an orang-utan is also afraid of Kaa, though no one is certain what will happen if Louie's Gigantopithecus form encounters Kaa in any capacity.
- Kaa using hypnosis to lure a young child and saying "trust in me" to him has led some deities to think that there's creepy undertones with what the snake plans to do with children, a thought that Kaa's original personality is very annoyed at.
- Many Disney deities find it unsettling that Kaa sounds just like Pooh. That said, Kaa has no interest in the stuffed bear (or Piglet, Eeyore, or Tigger) mainly because eating him won't feed him. Rabbit, Owl (if he's willing to risk it), or Christopher Robin, however…
- Stays away from Cruella de Vil, not wanting to be harvested into leather for any of her clothing.
Stanley Kubrick, Patron Deity of the Kubrick Stare
- Symbol: His mustache
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Domains: Cinema, Director, Art, Determination
- Portfolio: Eccentric but dedicated filmaker, Auteur License, perfectionist to the point of jerkassery, staring at the camera, Reclusive Artist, used well known classical music and pop melodies and put them in an ironic new context
- Allies: James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, the ascended cast of The Simpsons, Maximus Decimus Meridius, Pinocchio, George Lucas, Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, Jack Torrance
- Enemies: Any Lolicon in the Pantheon, Hal 9000, Alex DeLarge, CON ARTISTS, House of Investigative Work, Michael Bay
- Opposed by: Many actors in and out of the Pantheon, Stephen King
- Rival: Alfred Hitchcock
- Admired by: Lady Gaga
- Ascended for after his death for his extended use of the trope in his film to build up characters.
- Because Kubrick himself sometimes use the gesture in order to look more intimidating, the other deities were at first scared out of their mind when Kubrick shows an example of his temple.
- Famously avoiding attention from the media, Kubrick hates the House of Investigative Work with a passion because he thinks they are annoying and nosy. He got respect for "respectable" journalists but his feeling remain..
- Despises con artists with a passion due to an incident with a man named Alan Conway who impersonated Kubrick and his wife. Any of one of them who goes near his temple will be swiftly punished by being casted as one of his actors in a new project he is working on.
- Was incredibly disturbed when his film Lolita inspired a decently-sized Misaimed Fandom of Lolicon. He refuses to acknowledge their existence and block them from his temple.
- While generally avoiding people, he made an exception for fans and former collaborators.
- One of the most famous people who are fans of him are Lady Gaga, George Lucas and the Simpson family due to having Shout-Out to his works in their show.
- Made friends with Pinocchio, of all people due to one of his unfinished projects is a Recycled In Space version of his story and served as Pinocchio's High Priest.
- However, he avoids taking with his crazier creations. Among them are Alex DeLarge (who like Lolita, brought in the wrong kind of fans) and HAL 9000. HAL almost has a Villainous Breakdown when encounter his creator and vows to get rid of Kubrick. The one exception was Jack Torrance, who Kubrick was surprised that was civil in his presence rather than trying to put an axe in his skull.
- Was known to be a perfectionist and devoted to the art form of cinema to the point of melodramatic, Kubrick's invitation to collaborate with an actor in the Pantheon caused that actor to both feel honored and terrified at the same time. Unless they're a child.
- Once had a rap battle with Steven Spielberg, Alfred Hitchcock and Quentin Tarantino, filmmakers who he respects or who look up to him. And Michael Bay.
- Spielberg himself has a deeper connection with Kubrick, making A.I.: Artificial Intelligence as the other died before he could do so.
- Can be seen in looking for chess opponent on his off day. Of course, because of his Kubrick Stare, people generally uncomfortable at first when playing with him before learning that just how he looks when he's focusing.
- Has been blocking people who complain about Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann from his temple due to perceiving them as annoying and distract him from his next project.
- Has been avoiding Stephen King because of the latter's hatred of Kubrick's adaptation of The Shining.