Averted, unsurprisingly, as this franchise has Loads and Loads of Characters.
- Anthony "Tony" Stark (aka Iron Man) and "Ant-tony" the ant from Ant-Man.
- Ava Starr (aka Ghost) from Ant-Man and the Wasp and Ava from season 5 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Reporter Ben Urich from Daredevil and lawyer Ben Donovan from Daredevil and Luke Cage.
- Claire Temple and Claire Wise from Item 47.
- Colleen Wing from Iron Fist (2017) and Colleen O'Brien from Agent Carter.
- David Lieberman and David Schultz from The Punisher.
- Edith Oberon, an old flame of Howard Stark's from Agent Carter, Clint Barton's mother Edith first mentioned in Avengers: Endgame, and E.D.I.T.H., Tony Stark's final AI from Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Three Elizabeths, two of whom use the nickname "Betty": Elizabeth "Betty" Ross is Bruce Banner's love interest in The Incredible Hulk, Elizabeth "Liz" Allan is Peter Parker's crush in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Elizabeth "Betty" Brant is another Midtown High student who appears in both Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Coincidentally, the latter two Elizabeths are close friends in Homecoming.
- Erik Selvig from Thor, Eric Savin from Iron Man 3, Eric Koening from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, and Erik "Killmonger" Stevens from Black Panther (2018).
- Hope Van Dyne from Ant Man, Hope Schlottman from Jessica Jones (2015) and Hope Mackenzie from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Howard Stark, Tony's father, and Howard the Duck from Guardians of the Galaxy.
- James seems to be a popular boy's name in the MCU:
- Captain America: The First Avenger: The Howling commandos, a seven man elite Army squad that included three characters named James (James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, James "Jim" Morita, James Montgomery "Monty" Falsworth), and a guy called Jacques, which is the French form of James. However, only one is ever referred to as James, and he usually goes by his nickname anyway. The others don't ever have their names mentioned, except in the credits.
- Bucky also shares a name with Iron Man's best friend James "Rhodey" Rhodes. It's a little amusing that neither of them is called "Jim", which is the usual nickname (and which Rhodes does answer to in the comics).
- There's also Kingpin's henchman James Wesley, who usually goes by his last name.
- Jane Foster from Thor and Jane Scott from Agent Carter.
- Karen Page from Daredevil and Karen the AI from Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Karl Mordo, one of the prominent sorcerers in Doctor Strange (2016) and Karl Malus, the scientist revealed to be responsible for giving Jessica Jones her powers in the second season of Jessica Jones and Carl Creel a.k.a. Absorbing Man, as well as an incidental Carl who was the male hostage in the season 1 finale of The Punisher. Also applies to Luke Cage as well, since his real name is Carl Lucas.
- In The Punisher (2017), Leo the construction worker/robber shares a first name with Micro's daughter Leo Lieberman, and they both share a nickname with Leopold "Leo" Fitz from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though Fitz rarely goes by his first name.
- Maria Stark, Tony's mother; Nick Fury's right-hand woman Maria Hill; Frank Castle's deceased wife Maria; and Maria Rambeau, an ace pilot and Carol Danvers's best friend. And at one point in her life, Daisy Johnson from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. answered to Mary (Though she had changed her name before the start of the series, and changed it again upon learning her birth name).
- Jessica Jones has two Oscars: Detective Oscar Clemons in season 1 and Jessica's neighbor Oscar Arocho in season 2. Daredevil season one also has a henchman of Fisk's named Oscar.
- Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man), Peter Quill (aka Star-Lord from the Guardians of the Galaxy), and Pietro Maximoff (aka Quicksilver) from Avengers: Age of Ultron, with "Pietro" being the Italian form of "Peter".
- The MCU later breaks the literal One Steve Limit with Steven Rogers (aka Captain America) and Doctor Stephen Strange. However, there's still a distinction as Cap goes by "Steve" and Strange goes by "Stephen".
- William Rawlins and William "Billy" Russo, who make up the Big-Bad Ensemble of the first season of The Punisher. Both of them also share a first name with William "Bill" Fisk from Daredevil, Will Simpson from Jessica Jones, and Will Daniels from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Jane Foster from Thor and Bill Foster from Ant-Man and the Wasp who both happen to be doctors.
- Tilda Johnson took the last name of the family that raised her. There's no indication that this family is in any way connected to Cal and Daisy Johnson, though the way Mariah invoked Hurricane Katrina related imagery in her bail hearing raises the possibility of a connection to Tyrone Johnson and his family. Rosalind Price mentioned that the ATCU had an agent named Johnson.
- Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, his daughter Elizabeth "Betty" Ross, both of whom debuted in The Incredible Hulk, and Everett K. Ross. Interestingly, Thaddeus and Everett both appear in Captain America: Civil War.
- Hank Thompson (real name Agent Cameron Klein) in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Jack Thompson in Agent Carter, Kevin Thompson (aka Kilgrave) in Jessica Jones and Eugene "Flash" Thompson in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- James Wesley from Daredevil who goes by Last-Name Basis note and Alex Wesley from Luke Cage who goes by First-Name Basis.note
- There are two minor characters both named "Kaminsky": Agent Kaminsky of HYDRA and a "Kaminsky, Henry" who was signing up for military service in Captain America: The First Avenger. There's no indication that they're related to each other at all, but if they are, some saddening possibilities emerge.
- Three characters named Davis, two of whom, coincidentally, are Spider-Man-adjacent: Aaron Davis is a down-on-his-luck criminal in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Brad Davis is a classmate of Peter Parker's in Spider-Man: Far From Home. Neither one seems to have anything to do with Agent Davis, a supporting character on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Jessica Jones, headliner of the series of the same name, and Michelle "MJ" Jones, Peter Parker's love interest in the Spider-Man films.
- In a Season One episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson runs into an old friend named Camilla Reyes. In Season Four, he deals with the Ghost Rider, Robbie Reyes.
- Two separate minor-but-notable S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have both been given the name "Cameron Klein". One was in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as a Project TAHITI test subject, who was later renamed Hank Thompson; the other was in Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron as a Helicarrier technician.
- Grant Ward from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Ward Meachum from Iron Fist.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 has a one-off character Agent Mack who works undercover as a trucker. Season 2 introduces a new member of Team Coulson named Alphonso Mackenzie, who also goes by Agent Mack, despite being referred to as Al in the comics.
- Season one of Daredevil has a random bar patron named Clint Peterson, who not only shares his first name with both the pawn shop owner from season two and (more notably) Clint Barton, but his last name with Mike Peterson and his son Ace from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Actor Benedict Wong has a very unique name and yet shares it with both his Doctor Strange co-star Benedict Cumberbatch and his own character, Wong.
- The franchise has three leading men who share the same first name: Chris Evans (Steve Rogers), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), and Chris Pratt (Peter Quill). Plus, there's Christopher Eccleston (Malekith). This led to some joking that Chris Pine was cast in Wonder Woman to keep Marvel from getting the full set. Marvel did end up getting him as the voice of Ultimate Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse but that's a Sony Marvel production rather than a Disney production like the MCU.
- There is also Elizabeth Henstridge (Jemma Simmons) and Elizabeth Olsen (Wanda Maximoff).
- Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and Jessica Stroup as Joy Meachum in Iron Fist
- Seven Michaels: Michael Rooker (Yondu), Michael B. Jordan (Killmonger), Michael Peña (Luis), Michael Douglas (Hank Pym), Michael Keaton (Adrian Toomes), Michael Chernus (Phineas Mason), and Michael Mando (Mac Gargan). Keaton, Chernus, and Mando all appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming, while Peña and Douglas both appear in the Ant-Man films. In addition Michael Keaton's real name is Michael Douglas.
- Two Pauls: Bettany (J.A.R.V.I.S./The Vision) and Rudd (Scott Lang).
- Three Toms: Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Tom Holland (Peter Parker), and Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Ebony Maw).
- Two Martins: Martin Starr (Mr. Harrington) and Martin Freeman (Everett Ross).
- Two Daniels: Daniel Brühl (Helmut Zemo) and Daniel Kaluuya (W'Kabi)