- Disgaea: "Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth!"
- Tales Series
- In RuneScape, Yk'Lagor the THUNDEROUS.
- TV-Head Shout Guy (a.k.a. "The Director") from Mondo Medicals. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT A CANCER IS?" Made even WORSE by the fact that his spoken "language" sounds like the result of asking a really bad voice synthesizer to say "thjedhg!!2@#@." At maximum volume.
- Kratos from the God of War series. Though he is a man of few words, when he actually speaks he does so in such a powerful, loud voice that all of Greece can probably hear him threatening the gods with bloody death. Then again, given the size of the opponents he fights (the Colossus of Rhodes, the Hydra, he's communicated on several occasions with Titans), maybe he's just trying to make sure they don't have to strain to hear him. Regardless, Kratos can out-shout even Leonidas any day. Must be something about those Spartans... Add to that his overly dramatic dialogue and inflection and it can sound almost cheesy."AAARRRREEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!"
"ATHENA?! YOU CONSPIRE AGAINST ME?!"
"THE GODS LIED TO ME!!!"
- Team Fortress 2:
- "CRY SOME MORE!!!" "HEY BOYS IT'S A SPAH!" "THIS IS MY WORLD, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN MY WORLD!" "THAT'S THE WAY Y'DO IT!" "GO ON, RAGE QUIT, MAKE US BOTH HAPPY!" "I AM FULLY CHARGED!" "JAA-RATE!" The only class that doesn't yell is Spy since he's supposed to be stealthy. Pyro yells, but you can't understand a word anyway.(Pyro lifts flame thrower over his head) "MMMMPH! MMMMMMMMMMMMPH!"
"I AM BOOLITPROOOOOOOOOF"
- Heck, even the Spy yells occasionally. Upon hit with Jarate: "What is this...MON DIEU!" and "I HAVE BEEN SHOWN WHO IS THE BOSS!". Upon Dominating a Medic: Laughter really is the best medicine! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
- About half of the Sniper's lines are whispered, which makes sense since he wouldn't want to alert potential targets while scoped in. When he dominates his enemies, though, he goes into full-on Large Ham mode.
- "CRY SOME MORE!!!" "HEY BOYS IT'S A SPAH!" "THIS IS MY WORLD, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN MY WORLD!" "THAT'S THE WAY Y'DO IT!" "GO ON, RAGE QUIT, MAKE US BOTH HAPPY!" "I AM FULLY CHARGED!" "JAA-RATE!" The only class that doesn't yell is Spy since he's supposed to be stealthy. Pyro yells, but you can't understand a word anyway.
- In F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Colonel Richard Vanek does not talk quietly. Even when he's talking in a "normal" tone, he's practically yelling at the top of his lungs. This is typically punctuated by lots of swearing.
- Some of the more animalistic demons in Shin Megami Tensei games speak in all caps when they speak.Beast Demons: FEEL THE CALL OF NATURE.
- In Persona 3, Some of the Personas upon being fused have a case of this, with their dialogue being written entirely in capital letters.
- Persona 5: Party member Ryuji Sakamoto has a hard time keeping his voice down whenever talking about your Phantom Thief group, despite other party members like Ann and Morgana constantly telling at him to keep his voice down. Eventually Student Council President Makoto is able to deduce your Secret Identities because even people sitting around a corner can hear him.
- BlazBlue is a World of Ham, so this is going to be present, but four characters stand out.
- Hakumen tends to be overly dramatic quite often. One has to wonder if he picked it up from Tsubaki...
- Bang Shishigami gives the appearance that he doesn't have a volume setting lower than 11, as the quotes below will demonstrate (oddly enough, it works for him).Bang: Instant Ninpo! Critical Super Crash! Hurricane Bang Kick! To rid this world of evil, I will become... the HAMMER OF JUSTICE!
- Makoto Nanaya can be quite loud when she's enthusiastic, but it's when she quiets down that you need to consider your relationship with her.
- Yuuki Terumi. If you thought Hazama was impressive once he got going, Terumi is in a perpetual state of screaming at the top of his lungs at all times, giggling like a madman and shouting about how awesome he is and how much his opponent sucks. He takes this trope and not only milks it for all its worth, but throws it away once it's dry and grabs another one to keep going.Yuuki: I'll show you... THE TRUE EDGE OF GOD!
- Captain Cid in Final Fantasy X has just two kinds of speaking: Shouting and yelling.
- Also Fujin from Final Fantasy VIII. She speaks explicitly in ALL CAPS. And few words. For example, rather than ask "Where is Ellone?" she says "ELLONE. WHERE?" It was actually meant to translate the fact that in the original Japanese version, her speech is entirely in Sino-Japanese ideographs (i.e. no phonetic hiragana/katakana at all, which is very unusual for ordinary Japanese speech and writing). From the same game, NORG also speaks in all caps, though unlike Fujin, he does so in complete sentences, and even his name is always written in all caps.
- Doctor N. Gin in the Radical Entertainment Crash Bandicoot games. That is all."Still... no... SLIPPERS?!?!"
"THANK YOU AGAIN!!! Hotter than the first!!"
"NOT MY THROAT!! I need that for swallowing!! GUARDS!!"
- Blue Dragon gives us Marumaro, whose combination of no volume control, screeching virtually all of the time, and a oddly disturbing crush on Zola makes him The Scrappy to many fans. And even if he's not, they usually agree on his voice.
- Fallout 3: Let's just say that the Lone Wanderer shouldn't even try to sneak when Fawkes is around. He has more control over his voice when out of combat, though.
- The Fallout: New Vegas DLC Old World Blues brings us DOCTOR KLEIN, HEAD OF THE BIG MOUNTAIN THINK TANK. BUT IT'S NOT HIS FAULT; SOMEONE MESSED WITH HIS VOLUME KNOB. Dr. Borous is this even moreso since Bold INFLATION seems to be his natural way of talking.
- Sergeant Dornan from Fallout 2.
- As stated in the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas manual, Lance Wilson, a.k.a. Ryder, is loud, wild, and unpredictable.Ryder: WATCH THE ROAD, MOTHERFUCKER! THE ROAD!
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
- THIS is LOUDRED'S Verbal TIC. He ALTERNATES between SCREAMING ALL THE TIME and JUST emphasizing random WORDS. OH, and the FLAT OUT SCREAMING tends to HAPPEN when he WAKES YOU UP EVERY MORNING.
- Palkia LIKES TO TALK IN ALL CAPS IN A COMPLETELY SERIOUS, ANGRY, ENRAGED, IMPATIENT TONE. ALL THE TIME. HE TALKS MORE LOUDLY MORE OFTEN THAN LOUDRED!!! DIALGA DOES TOO, BUT HE HAS LESS DIALOGUE THAN PALKIA!!! IN CASE YOU HADN'T FIGURED IT OUT, PALKIA AND DIALGA HAVE LOUD, BOOMING VOICES. AND DIALGA HAS RANDOM ROARS IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS DIALOGUE.
- In the Japanese version of the game, however, they simply speak in an archaic dialect to give off an ancient and powerful vibe instead of abusing exclamation marks.
- To be fair, the English version's all-caps dialogue is kind of justified if you consider the fact that Dialga and Palkia are colossal in size and it makes sense that they would talk loudly as a result.
- Magnemite also has no indoor voice, which may be justified because they're rather machine-like.
- Likewise, all of the inorganic Pokémon like Klink, Golett, and Cryogonal speak in this fashion in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.
- World of Warcraft
- Inverted with boss dialogues which are shown as "X yells Y," yet the actual audio files are (generally) spoken at a normal level.
- Played straight just as often, however, with many bosses and NPCs relentlessly roaring their dialogue at the top of their lungs."AAARRRTHAAASSS!"
- In Pokémon X and Y, Essentia's dialogue is written in all caps. It's hard tell if she's yelling or if it's just to point out that her helmet is digitizing her voice.
- In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, while she doesn't speak in all caps, Flannery's angry, open-mouthed expressions and her explosive speech bubbles seems to suggest that she's yelling at your face in order to seem impressive.
- In Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal, a poorly translated bootleg of Pokemon Crystal Version, every single piece of text is in ALL CAPS. This makes it look like everyone in the whole game has no indoor voice, and it makes every bit of strange, convoluted dialogue look like a hammy rant.
- Princess Daisy from Super Mario Bros. gradually got louder as games went on, getting particularly loud in games such as Mario Party 8 and Mario Kart DS.
- EVERY CHARACTER IN CHRONO CROSS HAS A PERSONAL VERBAL TIC. ZOAH'S IS TO SPEAK IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME LIKE THIS AND FANS TEND TO INTERPRET IT AS HIM YELLING CONSTANTLY.
- Steven from Dead Rising would like to remind you all that THIS IS HIS STOOOOORE!.
- In the Telltale Sam & Max: Freelance Police games, Bluster Blaster of the C.O.P.S. shouts all of his dialogue in a manner resembling Sinistar (except in Episode 203: Night of the Raving Dead, where an accident has considerably quieted him).
- In Mega Man Legends, Teisel Bonne has three tones of voice: normal, YELLING, and SCREAMING. The latter two are his most oft-used tones of voice.Teisel Bonne: I said CLOSE THE HATCH!
- Ishut, protagonist of Gloria Union, is like this; he's very enthusiastic and has the maturity level of a six-year-old. His allies (and even his voice actor!) find it extremely annoying. The Japanese fanbase has declared him a Fountain of Memes.
- Planescape: Torment has Coaxmetal, a geant golem (sadly not voiced) that speaks in all-caps. It pales however in comparison with The Transcendent One, voiced by Tony Jay at his very best. All of it lines are also in all-caps.The Transcendent One: "I CAN FORGE PLANES WITH MY POWER. I CAN UNMAKE YOU."
- In Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, we have the British soldier guy who is yelling to the character across a room on how to complete a puzzle involving moon segments and rotating platforms. He constantly yells things like "THAT'S IT!" and "ONE MORE TO GO!"
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Male, Brooding Dark Hero. His volume range goes from Loud to Really Really Loud. Hell, even his call to the group to be quiet is loud!
- Messenger Sparks from Armed and Dangerous. This is either a cause or an effect of his near-deafness, which leads to Hilarity Ensues when he's forced to conduct negotiations between the Evil Overlord and the noble bandits who have 'kidnapped' his son.
- Asura from Asura's Wrath, even more so than Kratos."I, remember now. You Bastards! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
- In Ghost Trick, one of the major characters is an occasionally-deceased Pomeranian named Missile. He often gets A LITTLE OVEREXCITED!!! and starts speaking in giant text.
- Four words: "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MEEEEELEEEEEE!!!!!!" And the original has "SUPEEEEEEEEEEEEEER SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!"
- Borderlands 2:
- MR. TORGUE never does ANYTHING by half-measures, and APPARENTLY that includes TALKING!
- Salvador. Just listen when he laughs at the carnage you cause or when starts Gunzerking.Salvador: TIME TO OVERCOMPENSAAAAAAAAAATE!
- Krieg, being a psycho, alternates between this and his inner voice quietly commenting on the insanity."I'M THE CONDUCTOR OF THE POOP TRAIN!!!"
- THE OFFICIAL BLOODCRUSHER II DEVELOPMENT TWITTER ACCOUNT IS ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME.
- The Reality-On-The-Norm series has Mr. Namyah, the Sadist Teacher of P.E. His sole mode of speech is cartoonishly screaming his lungs out in all caps, no matter what the situation.
- In the entirety of Warhammer 40,000 media—games, books, everything—the orks are characterized as loud, boisterous Blood Knights with No Indoor Voice. Warboss Grimskull of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is of course the same...with one exception. He's thrown down a Bottomless Pit with a bunch of daemons, only to return a few minutes later with the only quiet line from an ork in Warhammer history.Grimskull: I ain't so easy to kill.
- Namco High: GALAGA SPEAKS LIKE THIS. Taira also seems to mainly lack a volume control, and King communicates entirely by roaring.
- The Elder Scrolls:A CHALLENGER DRAWS NEAR !
- Fujimoto in Octodad seems to be like this most of the time, at least judging by the ALL UPPERCASE SUBTITLES.
- Mega Man Powered Up has Fire Man, who seems to have almost no subtle lines at all. It's hard to find a single line of dialogue for him that doesn't feature at least one exclamation mark in the script. He yells everything at the top of his robot lungs. He's also Hot-Blooded and more than a little bit of a weirdo in his constant devotion to justice.
- The Goddess of Explosions from both Hyper Princess Pitch and Card City Nights.THIS -IS- MY INDOOR VOICE!
- In Crystal Story, Phoebe always shouts. In the second game, her lines are all in caps. She combines her yelling with Blood Knight tendencies as she mostly yells about smashing someone.
- Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment: Billy, the bartender of the Bloody Towel.
- Dr. Nefarious, in the Ratchet & Clank series, especially when he's screaming for "LAWRENCE!!!".
- Undertale: "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, PREFER SCREAMING EVERYTHING IN CONTRAST TO MY LAID-BACK BROTHER SANS!!"
- The Vorcha of Mass Effect all tend to yell at the top of their voice.
- Oskar in Medieval Cop 4: The Invidia Games is all-caps, all the time - until Felicia defeats him during the Games.
- In Final Fantasy XIV, Gosetsu talks like this, being a loud and boisterous man. This is lampshaded by Alisaie who comments "Good gods, his voice could fell a gigas."
- Tiny Bird Garden has TATER, a bird who cannot help but shout absolutely everything she says. Not even her bio is safe.TATER IS A GOOD BIRD WHO LOVES HER FRIENDS AND IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT EVERYTHING SHE DOES!!!!!!!!
- An NPC in Pokémon Gold and Silver is yelling when he speaks to you and gives you a TM that teaches Roar to a Pokemon. He never stops yelling.
- Boisterous Bruiser Minsc from the Baldur's Gate series. This is part of why he is considered a Large Ham even within a World of Ham.Evil, meet my sword! Sword, meet EVIIIIIIL!
- Councilor Vay Hek of Warframe is a hilarious, shouty lunatic and arguably the game's loudest person. It's entirely possible he's not actually broadcasting anything—he may just be shouting loud enough to be heard from anywhere on Earth. In all of his lines, Hek gets exactly one reflective moment, followed immediately by an order for additional violence.
- Lord Shaxx from Destiny shouts nearly every word out of his mouth and pretty much defaults to wildly Chewing the Scenery. You can hear his ambient dialogue from several feet away, even if you try to muffle it by going into your inventory."WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T CONCENTRATE WHEN I'M YELLING?!?! RELAX!!!"
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge: The Flying Dutchman's boss battle has him shouting out all these lines with gusto:"BET YOUR LILY WHITE LIVERS, I 'AM' THE FLYING DUTCHMAN!!"
"I AM GOING TO STEAL YOUR SOUL!!"
"BWAAAAA HA HA HA HA!!"
- Taira no Chouki from Len'en 4: Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle is a lonely vengeful spirit who was betrayed by their own master Fumikado and loses their cool every time their name is mentioned.Chouki: "...Which reminds ME, Fumikado used to be hUMAN.... FUUUUUMIIIIKAAAADOOOOOooooo!!"
No Indoor Voice / Video Games