Don't be fooled by the colorful characters and theme. This anime has a lot of girls who committed suicide, mental problems, traumas, terrifying creatures...
- When Ai found out her best friend, Koito, committed suicide, she decided to turn into a shut-in. Having lost hope and feeling she has nothing left to live for, she decided to buy eggs (or specifically Wonder Eggs) from the mysterious entity. But imagine she didn't decide to buy those eggs? She may have done the same thing her best friend did.
- In fact, Episode 12 prominently features an Alternate Self of Ai who never met Koito in the first place, and did commit suicide. She really was that close to the edge.
- After Ai's first battle in the Dreamland, she wakes up and eats her breakfast. She looks completely fine, but a few moments later, her clothes turn red. This led to a hospital visit and her mother thinking she was hurt when she was outside the house. In other words, the pain from Dreamland becomes reality when you wake up. Now, imagine what happens if you die in the Dreamland?
- The people from Wonder Eggs (or Maidens) are actually people who committed suicide. After you break the eggs, their trauma (or Wonder Killers) try to kill them again, while it's up to you to save and protect them.
- The Wonder Killers have a creepy and terrifying appearance, that can surpass the Witches from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- Acca and Ura-Acca were once humans before transferring their minds into mannequin-like android bodies. But seeing them creeps people out, not to mention they're also Manipulative Bastards who use the main characters to stop their creation Frill from killing people.
- Acca and Ura-Acca's creation, Frill. She might look like a cute Genki Girl, but is an Artificial Human who murders a pregnant woman (Azusa) by tossing a hairdryer into a bathtub while Azusa is still in it, and later makes the pregnant woman's daughter (Himari) commit suicide. All because she was jealous that her creators gave more attention to Azusa and Himari.