Even though every official Love Live! (And by extension, Tokimeki Memorial and Twinbee) media are generally lighthearted (and while that is still very true for most stories here), due to the fact that Pokémon is part of this crossover universe, there are bound to be some terrifying things happening!
Spoilers won't be marked here, so read them at your own risk!
- A minor one (And from a Main Story no less!), in "A Trip to the Pet Shop!", with Hilda stating that there's risks involved with Pokémon Training, how many potential injuries or even fatalities due to Pokémon have happened before?
- The death of Yoko's biological parents in a train accident that left her as an orphan temporarily. 'Nuff said.
- Hell, depending on how you headcanon Elesis/Ellie's past before she was adopted by Tamaki and Chizuru, the pre-adoption period for her could have been this as well...
- In an example of Fridge Horror, if Eggman was successful in defeating Sonic and Hilbert with N and his Pokémon including Zekrom and Mega Zoroark in that fateful battle in N's Fortress/Eggman's Castle, Hilda, Shizuku, Shiori and Pastel would be N's and Eggman's slaves or worse!
- Not to mention that Pokémon Training and School Idols would most likely be outlawed in Eggmanland as well, with Eggman and N being the only ones allowed to use Pokémon.
- In addition, many places where intense industrial development happened, they could have turned into deserts ala Green Hill in Forces or even polluted wastelands.
- Also, Christians like Christina and the Original Character Charlotte would most likely suffer from persecution under the Eggman Empire, and would eventually be martyred for their faith, ala the Book of Revelation.
- As revealed in "Prophecy of Failure!?" Yoko and Ellie lose the final battle against Eggman, and while that is scary enough, Aleena reveals that the world she inhabits has basically gone to Hell due to Climate Change, complete with resource wars, massive poverty and even the collapse of civilization as we know it (Except for enclaves in Canada where high technology still persists against all odds.)! Also, it is revealed that India and Pakistan waged a nuclear war as part of wars for the remaining resources on Earth.
- This universe's version of Sally Acorn, Rotor Walrus, Bunnie Rabbot and Antoine D'Coolette were originally from an alternate version of the Pre-Super Genesis Wave universe of the Archie Sonic comics, but, in a very dark twist of fate, their former homeworld was destroyed by an invasion of Ultra Beasts unknowingly caused by the version of Dr. Robotnik and Snivley from their original universe after a teleporter accident caused the deadly creatures to come through, wreaking havoc all across the former Planet Mobius, killing not only Julian and his nephew, but possibly their version of the various Sonic characters as well as a majority of the population of Mobius. Sweet dreams!
- It's implied that the Phantom Ruby was involved in rewriting reality in certain ways, and even though the universe is still intact with the most obvious results being that Pokémon exist in Shizuku's world and certain characters having lived there all long, future stories may well fuel some extremely scary speculation on what might have been had things gone terrifyingly wrong!