- During "Friends on the Other Side", Dr. Facilier's face starts flashing in an almost psychedelic fashion beneath a colorful skull (which, incidentally makes him look like one of the aliens from They Live!).Facilier: I HOPE YOU'RE SATISFIED!
- What else can you expect from the booming eerie voice of Keith David, the man who also voices Spawn himself?
- "But if you ain't... don't blame me! You can blame my friends on the other side!"
- The colorful skull-masked figure is actually a classic representation of Baron Samedi, whom Dr. Facilier is a human expy of. Baron Samedi was quite a showman and genuinely benevolent and fun-loving in legend, but he could be an amazingly creepy loa and was a font of black magic in voudou. Hard not to look at the Glowing Eyes skull-mask at the end of the song and not think that, for a moment, it isn't the human Dr. Facilier but Baron Samedi himself staring out at you.
- The Loa that Facilier sends to catch Tiana and Naveen were really, really creepy. They move silently and swiftly and you can't prepare with anything. At least one of them appears to disturbingly resemble The Slender Man... which only adds to the Fridge Horror of one of the below examples.
- Prince Naveen cringing in pain as Facilier draws his blood into the talisman. At least needle sticks are sharp, slightly making it less painful, but the talisman's teeth were dull.
- The very creepy sculpture beside Facilier's door.
- The sections of damask wallpaper that Facilier's shadow touches morph into a blatant skull-and-crossbones pattern.
- Tiana and Naveen's first night at the bayou.
- First they encounter a heron who repeatedly stabs its beak at them. They manage to escape the heron, only to find themselves surrounded by alligators!Naveen: Why are those logs moving?
Tiana: Those aren't logs!
- The frogs then find themselves on an alligator's tail and the whole horde of gators thrash in the water trying to get the frogs.
- Tiana nearly abandoning Naveen to become gator chow out of spite for dragging her into this mess.Naveen: Psst! Lower the vine!
Tiana: Find your own tree!
Gators: There he is!
Naveen: Help me! Help me get out of the swamp! And once I marry Charlotte, I shall get you your restaurant!
- As Tiana pulls Naveen into the hollow tree, the gators taunt them.Gator 1: You can hop, but ya can't hide!
Gator 2: We've got all night!
- First they encounter a heron who repeatedly stabs its beak at them. They manage to escape the heron, only to find themselves surrounded by alligators!
- Whenever the FOTOS' signature chant starts up (bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom), you know something creepy/terrifying is about to happen.
- The council of the FOTOS Facilier meets with to ask for aid in tracking down Naveen. Their expressions of fury and devilish glee are memorable. Keith David's delivery for the scene is pretty disturbing as well. It's almost like he's talking to the audience. The fact that he's so nervous in this scene furthers it with him knowing if they don't accept his pleas for help he is utterly screwed.Facilier: Friends, I know I'm in hock to y'all pretty deep already. But seems our little froggy prince lost his way, and I need your generous assistance gettin' him back. [The Voodoo Masks snarl; Facilier laughs] Ha-Ha! I hear ya! Now, what's in it for y'all? Well... [Facilier reaches into his jacket and takes out a voodoo doll that resembles Mr. LaBouff] ...as soon as I dispose of Big Daddy LaBouff... [Conjures a vision of the city] ...and I'm running this town... [Snickers evilly] ...I'll have the entire city of New Orleans in the palm of my hand. And you'll have all the wayward souls your dark little hearts' desire. [He blows over the envisioned townsfolk, whose souls fly into the nostrils of the masks] Y'all love that, doncha? [Chuckles] So, we got ourselves a deal? [The Voodoo Masks glance at each other. Then the leader opens his mouth and a horde of black, ghostly Shadow Demons flow out. Facilier cackles.] NOW WE'RE COOKIN'! We're gonna find ourselves a frog! Search everywhere! The bayou, the Quarter. Bring him to me alive! I need his heart pumping... for now. Allez! Tout de suite! [Facilier laughs evilly as the Shadow Demons leave on their search for Naveen]
- Dr. Facilier stepping on and killing Ray. Disney managed to make killing a bug incredibly cold, brutal, and horrifying. To top it off, Ray was the comic relief.
- When Ray is stepped on, he makes a distinct sort of... squelching noise.Crunch.
- And Facilier's face as he did it of pure Tranquil Fury. Not only he's one of the few Disney villains to permanently kill off a character, he is the first and so far only one to kill off one of the cute animal sidekicks.
- When Ray is stepped on, he makes a distinct sort of... squelching noise.
- When Facilier is holding a little voodoo doll of Daddy LaBouff, he's also holding a needle, which he slowly ebbs closer and closer to the area where the doll's heart would be...
- The same horrifying suspense during the would-be wedding between Charlotte and "Naveen" on the float.
- The fact that Charlotte almost married an imposter (who is actually a much-older and uglier man, just to rub it in further), and thus would've lived out her life in a false relationship had the plan succeeded, is horrifying on multiple levels.
- The jar in Mama Odie's house that contains her eyes and teeth. Even the protagonists do a double-take and cringe.
- The eyes even seem to follow everyone as they walk, raising plenty of... just plain weird implications.
- Facilier trapping Tiana in an illusion of the restaurant she always wanted. Tiana gets over being human again quickly when she realizes that she's Alone with the Psycho, and he is twisting her dreams against her. Just look at her body language when he walks closer to her and praises her "big dreams". She's visibly cringing and huddling. Tiana knows that making deals with the Shadow Man is a bad idea, but she is tempted when he brings up memories of her father and engages in Mind Rape by reminding her of how her friends and acquaintances don't believe in her. What's worse is he doesn't get that the scene of Tiana eating gumbo with her family was meant to be a joyous occasion, telling her that her father worked his whole life for nothing.
- Facilier had Tiana right where he wanted her. Even if she refused, he could have trapped her in different illusions to torture her. All he had to go was grab the amulet while she was distracted, and it would have been game over. Thank goodness he likes making deals.
- "ARE YOU REAAAAAAAA-DY!!??" Facilier getting dragged away was mildly unsettling, but the SCREAMING FACE ON THE GRAVESTONE!
- The "friends" chant "ARE YOU REAAAAAAAA-DY!!??" as they drag him down into the "other side".
- Here lies Facilier. He wasn't ready.
- The chanting is quick and if you're not listening closely, it can sound like they're chanting "HUNGRY" instead. All in all, Facilier's death is arguably one of the most disturbing Disney has ever created.
- Even Tiana looks horrified.
- Facilier's reaction. He first says a Little "No", and then says a Big "NO!", while he frantically tries to put the medallion together and beg for another chance. He even tries to grab the ground for a handhold before he's finally pulled in.
- Judging from the expressions on the Friends' faces, they've been waiting for him to screw up for a loooong time.
- Facilier's shadow minions. The way they move too fast and some of them had freakishly long legs and the screams they use to communicate... *shudder*
- What makes it worse is how they can just snatch you up and drag you away... the scary part of it is that they don't even have to grab you. They just have to make contact with your shadow and you'll just be dragged off, not being able to see what it is that has you.
- They can also apparently interact with people in other ways, such as Facilier's shadow kicking Lawrence's during Friends on the Other Side. The shadows don't have to be kidnapping anyone to be creepy; they've got plenty of other ways to hurt people without even needing to directly touch them.
- When the shadows run through the town, the ones walking on the shadow of the gate make the irl gate lantern bend. And their voice sounds something like a slowed down howl, sped up laughter, and a shriek combined into one. This is what nightmares are made of.
- Those demon-spirits most likely took or ATE Dr. Facilier's soul.
- Considering the hints as to the Loa Facilier serves? His fate is probably a lot worse than his soul being food.
- Those demon-spirits most likely took or ATE Dr. Facilier's soul.
- A bit of subtle and possibly unintentional Fridge Horror: look closely at where Facilier's standing during the opening moments of his Villain Song. The Operator symbol can be (faintly) seen◊ on the wall outside his door.
Nightmare Fuel / The Princess and the Frog