- Mr. Wilde and his homicidal cat.
- Hildred's entire plot to murder his cousin and his cousin's suitor. If your cousin pulled a knife on you in the middle of the night and started rambling about being king you would shit a brick.
- The free suicide chambers. Seriously, what the fuck?
- The ambiguous fate of Hawberk and his daughter.
- The entirety of In the Court of the Dragon, especially the chase sequence near the end.
- The hideous night watchman and what he does to Jack and Tessie.
- The unanswered question of just what the titular Fictional Document is about.
- The entire premise of a liquid that can entirely petrify a living person without killing them.
Nightmare Fuel / The King in Yellow