- In general, Shere Khan is far less Affably Evil than he was in the first movie. His motivation in this film is mainly the same as it was before, what with him trying to kill a man cub. However, unlike before where it was so Mowgli wouldn't be a threat to him when he's older, this time, he is out for Mowgli's blood for humiliating him at the end of their previous encounter. Because of that, every scene with him in it carries a sense of dread as he stalks the jungle, seeking out his prey.
- Early on, Shere Khan actually sneaks into the man village so he can get his revenge on Mowgli. This is an actual Truth in Television as tigers have been known to enter villages and kill people when asleep, and it's really scary.
- Tigers, lions and bears, pretty much any predator that realizes that humans are comparatively slow and weak have a tendency to do this, especially when they've lost their hunting grounds to humans. Of course, it then becomes Nightmare Fuel for them when the humans get pissed and start culling their numbers.
- The No-Holds-Barred Beatdown given by Shere Khan to the goofy vulture Lucky is as violent as Disney gets (especially for comic relief characters), even if it's done via Gory Discretion Shot. It's even implied that Shere Khan kills him. He reappears in the end of the film, but still...Shere Khan: Isn't it ironic that your name is "Lucky"?
- Shere Khan interrogates a terrified Kaa on Mowgli's whereabouts while Kaa truthfully has no idea where Mowgli is. But the tiger won't believe him and continues to threaten the python. Realizing Shere Khan won't believe him, Kaa has to think of something before the tiger crushes him in his strong grip. So Kaa fearfully lies to him that Mowlgi's at the swamp, allowing him to flee...
- There's more: since he just swallowed a large rock, he wouldn't have gotten very far by the time Shere Khan found out he was lying. Fortunately for Kaa, he went straight after the kid.
- Mowgli tries to apologize to Shanti and Ranjan for his scare prank as they stand petrified... only for Shanti to point in terror at something right behind Mowgli. He turns around and gasps when he sees Shere Khan emerge from the shadows.Shere Khan: You seem surprised to see me, Man Cub. (chuckles) I can't imagine why. (he slowly walks in a circle around the trio) I wasn't going to let you get away with what you did to me. You see, you humiliated me, Man Cub. Surely you do realize I simply can't let you live.
- While fleeing from Shere Khan, Mowgli eventually comes across an abandoned temple surrounded by a river of lava. He narrowly manages to jump across the gap of lava and retreat into the temple just as Shere Khan leaps across and follows in pursuit.Shere Khan: No matter how fast you run, no matter where you hide, I will catch you.
Nightmare Fuel / The Jungle Book 2