- The elevator scene from the first movie is this, and is widely considered to be the most frightening moment in the entire film. The elevator scene from the second movie also counts.
- "Why are you sitting in my chair?"
- The old woman in the hospital. Eek.
- The scene in the second movie when Joey suddenly turns around and sees the screaming ghost standing there for a split second.
- Those two ghosts plummeting off the roof in the second movie.
- There is something deeply unsettling about Mun/Sydney's realization that the face she sees in the mirror isn't hers. Could also double as Paranoia Fuel.
Nightmare Fuel / The Eye